Slay the spire

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Played a few more hours and listened to a guy going into in depth detail of how he assigns value to various cards and relics during his play through of Silent on ascension 20. It definitely helped me make better choices. I beat ascension 1 while he was talking and am about to beat ascension 2 I think.

Really love how the game is as complex and deep as you want it to be but not so cumbersome that there’s a high barrier to entry. I’ve been focusing on silent as I like the Miracle Rogue style decks when I used to play Hearthstone.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
I promoted an early access game and it worked out.

Move aside Neil Armstrong, I've won the lottery.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I picked this up based on some recommendations here. Definitely agree with the praise, I'm loving it so far.

Just finished my first act 3 clear on all three classes. I got the clear with Silent in like two tries with some crazy deck that had three auto-generated shiv's per turn and the power that adds aoe poison every turn and poison every time an enemy takes damage. It really shredded everything easily.

The win with Defect took about 5-6 tries or so because I kept thinking that stacking lightning was the best, but that kept getting me killed from poor defenses. Once I instead focused on stacking frost orbs for huge block, and used Creative AI as my win condition (adds a new power to your hand every round), I got a win. Final fight I had like 9 frost orbs generating 70+ armor for free every turn so nothing could touch me. My damage output was low, but eventually all the powers stacked up and I'd just whittle down the bosses with tiny hits.

Ironclad was the worst (for me). Like three days of runs before I finally won. I'm sure it was just bad play on my part, but trying to copy all the guides kept failing. I tried to build a small deck with rampage that kept growing, but the defenses sucked. I tried going for a turtle deck that stacked armor with barricade, but I swear every time I got that deck rolling I'd be thrown against every single boss that stacked STR per turn, and their damage grew out of control way before my slow decks could do anything. I tried things like perfected strike synergy but still kept losing.

What ended up getting the win for me with Ironclad was corruption, which lets you play all skills for free, but then removes them from your deck. That ended up letting me focus on burst damage, and it somehow limped it's way to an act 3 clear with like two health remaining.

Anyway, long story short, game's a ton of fun and I'm bad at it. Easily worth the (current) sale price of 12$

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user