Smartphones

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I switched to the EVO LTE to see if I can live with Android. I'll get the new HTC if I can.

Since switching, the text messages sent to me by people with iMessage (iPhone users who have sent me messages with it) are not getting to me on the Android phone, even if they manually enter in my cell number. Not sure what to tell them to fix it.

Ferr_sl

shitlord
Anyone have any experience with the Rugby line of samsung phones? I am that guy who always manages to have phones physically malfunction on me long before my contract is up. Speaker fails, charging dock fails, battery fails, etc. I put my phones through a moderate amount of stress, but nothing more than a drunk chick does when she drops her phone 47 times a night. Anyway, I am looking into getting one of these if they really are as durable as they seem.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Oh, looks like iOS 6.1.2 is out... and it's still jailbreakable.

Hopefully this fixes some of the random battery life related nonsense that's been going on since 6.0.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I'm not sure what phone to get next. I have the free upgrade coming up this November, and can't decide what to get.
I currently have the Razr MAXX, not the HD. I'm not even sure what's out there now, I know the S4 was announced, and some other have come out recently.

I might just stick with the Razr, but I'm not sure. Any suggestions? Don't bother with Iphone suggestions. I'll never own one again, they're terrible phones.
Maybe I'll just get Ubuntu instead.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
If you're sticking with Android, for a normal sized phone(not the Note) I'm not sure why anyone would go with anything besides the latest Samsung Galaxy, or whatever the latest Google Nexus phone is at that point.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
I had to unregister my iPhone on Apple's website before other iPhones would stop trying to send me texts through it.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Speaking of the iMessage shit.. I have a text thread going with 6 friends. 2 have droids. When people with iPhone respond it responds to the thread but when they respond its just to each person a separate text. Anyway to fix that shit so their replies go to the thread?

I just cracked my iPhone 4 glass. Was really hoping to hold out till June to see if they come out with a 5s that is bigger. Guy at Verizon told me it will be the same size and aimed towards the Apple TV.. Wtf?!

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
He can't possibly know that. Apple never shows their hand early.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Apple is not nearly as secure as they used to be. Basically everything about the iPhone 5 leaked before it came out. That said, that dude at Verizon is 100% full of shit.

Convo

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Apple confirming the next phone will have a larger screen would only help them. No idea why they think otherwise.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Apple confirming the next phone will have a larger screen would only help them. No idea why they think otherwise.
Yeah, for sure, but it's never made Apple tip their hand before and it probably won't this time, either.

I'll buy a larger phone if they make one, without a second thought.

Simas_sl

shitlord
Anyone have experience with the iPhone 5? How is the battery life? I've seen some complaints about it online. I've got an old HTC Evo now and the main reason I'm looking to switch is that the Evo's battery will drain from 20 minutes of web surfing/games. My friends have always been happy with their iPhones but none have the 5.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I would say that is probably the single best thing about the iPhone, their battery life is stellar. My wife has the iPhone 5 and her phone runs circles around my GNex in terms of battery life.

Neph_sl

shitlord
Battery life is great on the iPhone 5. If you leave it on standby all night without charging, it'll only use 1-2% of charge. The only thing I've noticed is that if you're in a place that gets crappy reception (like my office), it'll expend more charge trying to find a good signal when compared to my old 4. It's probably because it's searching for signal on 3 networks instead of 2 (old band/3G/LTE vs old band/3G) but that's just speculation.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anything you get coming from an Evo will seem like a miracle in terms of battery life. I still have my old EVOs(let the nephews play angry birds on them when they come over, so they don't screw up my good phone or tablet) and the things die from full charge in under an hour. The Evo was a damn nice piece of hardware back when it came out, but it has to have the worst battery usage in the history of cell phones.

Wolfen_sl

shitlord
Anything you get coming from an Evo will seem like a miracle in terms of battery life. I still have my old EVOs(let the nephews play angry birds on them when they come over, so they don't screw up my good phone or tablet) and the things die from full charge in under an hour. The Evo was a damn nice piece of hardware back when it came out, but it has to have the worst battery usage in the history of cell phones.
I'm finding this out as I play with the EVO LTE. The battery life SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK KKKKKKKKSSSSSSSSSSSS! Full charge at 7:30am. Low battery alerts at 4pm. Didn't do jack shit with it. Didn't make a single call with it. Only checked email a few times. My iPhone 5 has plenty of battery life left at midnight with more usage.