Smartphones

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
No solutions here, just to say that it sounds weird. If you're using iCloud for backup, it should only be doing that with wifi, not cellular data.
RIght, I looked that up and while it says wifi only some users have seen it specifically syncing during times when wifi wasn't available. Also apparently Photo Stream does the same thing. Those apps were using a lot of data, but I couldn't tell when they were using. I turned those off and over the course of the night her phone only used 75kb of data, so we'll see if the trend continues to be fixed.

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Death: Provider quality definitely varies by area, without WiFi Verizon and ATT are terrible in my new area. TMo is actually the best, with Sprint in a passable second place.

For this county Google MVNO could be glorious. (Also, as a rule of thumb Sprint MVNOs that I've researched perform similar to real Sprint without any catches)

opiate82

Bronze Squire
If this is true, I think I'd have to drop sprint as a provider, why stick with sprint when you could buy a google phone that accesses both sprint AND t-mobile's networks?
Because you couldn't get asubsidizedSUPER CHEAP PHONE! by signing a new contract. (This is why most people currently stick with the major carriers)

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Amazon.com: Galaxy Note 4 Case - Ringke FUSION Case [Free HD Film/Dust Cap Accessories

A+ Note 4 case. Shame the promo codes that made them $6 are no longer valid, would of picked up a second one
frown.png

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
Got my OPO today and I doubt I'm going to regret not waiting for a Nexus 6. After using Lollipop for so long going back to Kit Kat just wasn't going to work. I immediately rooted it so I could update it to CM 12, which works well enough for now. I'm hoping PA updates to Lollipop sometime, but their development speed is glacial at best.

The hardware is great though. Whenever I switch back to my Nexus 4 it already seems too small. Not quite sure what I think of the capacitive buttons though. Why did they put the back button on the right instead of the left? Going to give them a try for a while, but I'll probably go back to on screen buttons.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
My windows phone is likely to have a major accident in the very short future. The president of the company mentioned to me that they might switch because the Nokia phones are just too big and he actually carries an Iphone. I don't have the pull (yet) to get that. Everyone else but me is grandfathered into an unlimited data plan and the IT guy doesn't have a clue and "loves" windows phones. Nobody else bitches because it's free.

fris

Vyemm Raider
IT guy loves windows phones..... if it wasn't for my horse, i never would have made it through that semester of college

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I just got an OPO invite with 12 hours until it expires. Anyone who wants one PM me and Ill send you the link.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I'm not eligible for my free upgrade through Verizon, but I'm thinking I should wait another month. Looks like some new phones are coming out on March 1. I read some Samsung hate in here. I was thinking about the Galaxy S6, but should I look elsewhere? Perhaps the new HTC phone?

Vaclav

M9 should be a ridiculous phone from all accounts - I love my M8 and it's weak points (i.e. camera) don't bother me - and it's looking like they're going with an insane camera this time to deal with that minor quibble.

But take what I say with a grain of salt - I'd still rate M8 as the best phone last year - which I'm sure some would disagree with. I got mine and never regretted it. Especially with HTC Care being a safety net in case something goes wrong.

[I won't be upgrading to it, I don't need a better camera - plus trading in early just wastes money/etc - but I'd be on board in a heartbeat if I was looking to upgrade]

Crone

So after 12 hours of fucking with shit, and in the end having Apple Support tell me to contact Microsoft, because it's Windows, not Apple, causing my iPhone to not be recognized on my laptop, I have better reasons than ever to switch back to Android. I probably won't do it, but what a cluster fuck.

Was just trying to update to the latest iOS. After the update failed on my laptop, and from that point forward, my laptop would not detecting my phone. Often times iTunes wouldn't even load and I ended up just, doing it on a 2nd computer in the house, and it worked flawlessly like it should. Have not a clue why my laptop jacked up the drivers for the iPhone in "recovery mode", and wouldn't detect it, but what a pain in the ass.

Switch to the Samsung S6 and call it good. lol...

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'm not eligible for my free upgrade through Verizon, but I'm thinking I should wait another month. Looks like some new phones are coming out on March 1. I read some Samsung hate in here. I was thinking about the Galaxy S6, but should I look elsewhere? Perhaps the new HTC phone?
At this time of year I would definitely hang in to see the new flagships from Samsung and HTC before getting a new phone.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
At this time of year I would definitely hang in to see the new flagships from Samsung and HTC before getting a new phone.
Agreed. Because even if you decide on a model that is available right now you know the prices on them will be majorly slashed when the next gen rolls around.

The Dauntless One

Lord Nagafen Raider
So after 12 hours of fucking with shit, and in the end having Apple Support tell me to contact Microsoft, because it's Windows, not Apple, causing my iPhone to not be recognized on my laptop, I have better reasons than ever to switch back to Android. I probably won't do it, but what a cluster fuck.

Was just trying to update to the latest iOS. After the update failed on my laptop, and from that point forward, my laptop would not detecting my phone. Often times iTunes wouldn't even load and I ended up just, doing it on a 2nd computer in the house, and it worked flawlessly like it should. Have not a clue why my laptop jacked up the drivers for the iPhone in "recovery mode", and wouldn't detect it, but what a pain in the ass.

Switch to the Samsung S6 and call it good. lol...
Well, the Apple support wasn't wrong. Not to say iTunes isn't a piece of shit software.

I decided to get a Nexus 6 because I found one for a really good price on craigslist. I really like it so far, but the battery performance is definitely lacking coming from the Xperia Z2, but the turbo charger makes up for it. Seriously, my dream phone would be a nexus phone that is water proof. I would purchase that in a heartbeat.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Work provided me an iPhone. I've had it for about a year. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I hate this fucking thing. My personal phone is a Nexus 5 and I couldn't be happier. I may upgrade this year though but it won't be to a Nexus 6. When does the next generation of the OPO come out?

Crone

Well, the Apple support wasn't wrong. Not to say iTunes isn't a piece of shit software.
True. It was frustrating, but I understood there wasn't anything more they could do. Funny how things work, because it was working fine when I was on an old version of iTunes, and my old iOS 7, but try upgrading and it doesn't recognize anything.

Work provided me an iPhone. I've had it for about a year. I'm glad I didn't buy it. I hate this fucking thing. My personal phone is a Nexus 5 and I couldn't be happier. I may upgrade this year though but it won't be to a Nexus 6. When does the next generation of the OPO come out?
I came from Android, and I personally loved switching to the iPhone. Granted, I switched from an old Android, to the brand new 5s, so that may have been part of it, but I loved it. Although if I had to get used to both, at the same time, that would be annoying.
frown.png