Smartphones

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Nah I just want to post some embarrassing shit on someone's ig and don't want to get in trouble for it, cause I'm petty.

Mythas 5thboardnow

Silver Knight of the Realm
So this new nexus phone will be behind / on par with the galaxy s7? I guess thats why you don't go to HTC to build a phone. Not excited about this next round.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Surprise surprise, marshmallow update for tmobile note 4 is released just one month from the note 6/7 launching. Fuck you Samsung and T-Mobile.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
I don't understand why anyone would want an Android phone other than the Nexus devices at this point. Unless your camera is super important to you, and even that is improved now, there really is no big downside to getting the Nexus. At least from my experiences.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I like my 5x, and Project Fi. I haven't met anyone with a superior set-up in coverage or cost. The 5x isn't a really strong performer as a machine, but I use it for data more than media, and the 6p exists to serve that need.

I am curious where the augmented reality/VR tech is going to take phones/homes/wear in the next 5 years. I've thought about getting all that wi-fi infested appliances/lighting fixtures/etc., but it still feels like a lot of image for relatively little purpose.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't understand why anyone would want an Android phone other than the Nexus devices at this point.
I don't understand why anyone acts like vanilla android experience is the only one worth owning. Have had a Note5 for months now, coming from an OPO and another rooted Android phone before that... Zero fucks given.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
So after having the Note 5 for a little while, I'm feeling like going back to a slightly smaller phone. The S7 looks to be the logical choice, but then I read about the Note 7 coming, and damn does it look freakin' sweet. Bringing back the SD card, IP68 water resistant, great camera, etc. Then again, all features on the S7 right now as well.

Anyone know the best way to keep an eye out for trade in deals? Like trade in Note 5, get $300 off pre-order of Note 7? Guess just keep Googling.

Inque

FunEmployed
Looks like rollover data and 'oh you're out of data, so here's some throttled free data' is being announced next week by Verizon.

Verizon May Introduce Carryover Data, Free Roaming, and Throttled Unlimited Data This Week (Updated) | Droid Life

Not enough to keep me but it's a start.
For most of the guests I interact with in our store, this will be a huge boon. I have people whom I speak to who are like "yar, Unlimited Data yo'z or #bust" and have zero clue that Straight Talk or any of the others throttle too. All we're doing is being a bit more transparent with it. The idiots down the hall from us (AT&T) keep talking about Unlimited up to 20GB (then slowing down) but people still run to that Unlimited word like its cocaine. Bring on the Unlimited wars!

Palum

what Suineg set it to
For most of the guests I interact with in our store, this will be a huge boon. I have people whom I speak to who are like "yar, Unlimited Data yo'z or #bust" and have zero clue that Straight Talk or any of the others throttle too. All we're doing is being a bit more transparent with it. The idiots down the hall from us (AT&T) keep talking about Unlimited up to 20GB (then slowing down) but people still run to that Unlimited word like its cocaine. Bring on the Unlimited wars!
Sup dude, grandfather time here with real unlimited still. Your new throttled plan can still suck it.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So after having the Note 5 for a little while, I'm feeling like going back to a slightly smaller phone. The S7 looks to be the logical choice, but then I read about the Note 7 coming, and damn does it look freakin' sweet. Bringing back the SD card, IP68 water resistant, great camera, etc. Then again, all features on the S7 right now as well.

Anyone know the best way to keep an eye out for trade in deals? Like trade in Note 5, get $300 off pre-order of Note 7? Guess just keep Googling.
Slickdeals: The Best Deals, Coupons, Promo Codes Discounts

Thats why I went with the note 4 instead of waiting for googles phone then in 2014. Ended up getting $200 off + I paid for it over 2 years with zero interest.

Inque

FunEmployed
Sup dude, grandfather time here with real unlimited still. Your new throttled plan can still suck it.
/shrug

Convince them to bring back truly Unlimited then, in meantime, it's all just buzzwords at this point. I want to just have them do unfettered Unlimited but those days are gone.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
/shrug

Convince them to bring back truly Unlimited then, in meantime, it's all just buzzwords at this point. I want to just have them do unfettered Unlimited but those days are gone.
It'll be back one day.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm