Smartphones

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I still have the S4 and half the fucking 16g storage was taken up by Samsung bullshit you can't remove. There were a lot of complaints about it and I think they stopped doing that after.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What's wrong with bottom firing speakers?
I'm going to guess you've never had front firing speakers. Once you have them you'll never go back. When watching videos they are pointed at your face so you can hear them even in louder places. They are superior to all other speaker configurations to date.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The rear-mounted sensor on my 6P is awesome. It's exactly where I can touch it as I pull it from my pocket. I can grab it and unlock it all in one motion, with one hand.
Same here, I love it. It's way faster to open my phone with that than when I had no security whatsoever and just had to hit the power button and then swipe up. I had an LG G3 with volume and power buttons on the back and that was retarded but it's a great place for the fingerprint scanner.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Same here, I love it. It's way faster to open my phone with that than when I had no security whatsoever and just had to hit the power button and then swipe up. I had an LG G3 with volume and power buttons on the back and that was retarded but it's a great place for the fingerprint scanner.
Food for thought; courts can compel you to unlock a phone secured via print/iris but not pin.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Well to date no court has ever wanted to look at my phone nor is there anything on my phone that I would want to hide from a court so I'm not too concerned about it. Before the fingerprint reader my phone wasn't locked at all.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Put me down in the category of, I'm too boring to for the police to give a fuck what's on my phone.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Thanks! Still works, and picked it up. After being dumb, and ordering a lipstick size one that only outputs 1amp, I was looking for one that'd do fast charging. I assume it can also fast charge back up as well?

Edit: Just saw this article. I know we mentioned it briefly a page back or so, but it looks like it's legit? Nice job Verizon, and just a classic example of how the winner when there is competition is the consumer.

http://arstechnica.com/business/2016...nlimited-data/

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are the legal ramifications of logging into someone's Instagram and posting private conversations? No hacking or illegal activity involved, just the conversations.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What are the legal ramifications of logging into someone's Instagram and posting private conversations? No hacking or illegal activity involved, just the conversations.
Yea it's not that bad only a few felonies.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea it's not that bad only a few felonies.
Only a few?! Ok I'm good then.

In reality if I'm behind a VPN on an unmarked phone how could it ever be traced? The phone doesn't have a name tied to it and doesn't have a # tied to it. It only operates off wifi

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Well to date no court has ever wanted to look at my phone nor is there anything on my phone that I would want to hide from a court so I'm not too concerned about it. Before the fingerprint reader my phone wasn't locked at all.
You people say this but it's not unheard of for the FBI to break into people's homes and monitor everything they do for suspected activity. We had a guest speaker come to our high school that at one point pre 9/11 had the largest FBI file there was. He never did anything. He ended up suing and it finally put to rest 2+ decades of harassment.

Kedwyn

Silver Squire
Only a few?! Ok I'm good then.

In reality if I'm behind a VPN on an unmarked phone how could it ever be traced? The phone doesn't have a name tied to it and doesn't have a # tied to it. It only operates off wifi
Well apps have access to device ID's and other identifying markers. So if it is a device you use regularly, regardless of the VPN you could very easily be identified. Among plenty of other similar potential identifiers.

Not saying it is likely to happen, just that a VPN only covers one tiny part of who you are on a smart phone and depending on the app and how the company designed it that likely wouldn't be enough unless it was a straight up burner phone you used once for only this.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This conversation on a public forum...
Well obviously I'm speaking hypothetically. The question was answered best with a burner phone for one time use. Just wondering what type of information is given over the Internet when accessing through a smartphone really.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Can anyone recommend an air pdf printer for the latest ios? Basically I got a shitty ios app with work schedules. It's only export option is print. For some silly reason pdf printing is not standard. Somethig similar to pdf forge?

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
whats the cheapest cell phone plan these days?
metro/straight talk?

I only wanna activate my smartphone for pokemon go, i dont care enough to use it for anything else thats why i never turned it back on.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
If you have a Nexus 6, 5X, or 6P you can use Google Fi, which is $20/month + $10/GB of data and you'll get credited for data you didn't use. Straight Talk is $45/month for up to 5GB of data before you start getting throttled. Their cheaper plan is $30, but you only get 100MB of data.

I'm using Straight Talk right now and am fairly happy with it, but once the new Nexus devices come out I may pick one up and give Fi a shot.