Smartphones

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
The Moto G plus is slower just in opening goddamn Facebook we had a customer freaking out over the load times.

I get it, people don't need their phones to work instantly all the time, that's on the user. But to say there's no difference is like saying there's no difference between a Buick and a Benz.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
The Moto G plus is slower just in opening goddamn Facebook we had a customer freaking out over the load times.

I get it, people don't need their phones to work instantly all the time, that's on the user. But to say there's no difference is like saying there's no difference between a Buick and a Benz.

No Facebook

I'm not seeing a problem!

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't think any one said there is no difference. If FB opening slightly faster is worth $800 to you, that's your prerogative.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I got my S8+ for less than $300 all things considered. I would never spend close to a grand on one phone either.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
There is a huge difference in quality between a Motorola G4 and a Samsung S8/8+/Note. Even still, at full price, I'd think twice before buying any Android phone. Not so much with an iPhone. They really do hold their resale value. Apple's quality and customer support is top notch. And in a year, I'll get at least 75% of what I paid for the phone back.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
Again who is paying 1000$? Wut.

Write RECEIPT in paint and upload it to Samsung and get the note8 for 535$

No one pays full price for a phone ever come on team there's deals everywhere
lol

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No one pays full price for a phone ever...

apples-new-technology-will-make-going-to-the-apple-store-less-of-a-pain.jpg

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There is a huge difference in quality between a Motorola G4 and a Samsung S8/8+/Note. Even still, at full price, I'd think twice before buying any Android phone. Not so much with an iPhone. They really do hold their resale value. Apple's quality and customer support is top notch. And in a year, I'll get at least 75% of what I paid for the phone back.

Something holding better resale value is a pretty small metric to many people - and that number is dwindling every year as people hit the point of "good enough" and/or that they irreparably damage their phone. (Not that the numbers I see look THAT much better - 24 mo old iPhone looks roughly equivalent to a 24 mo old Samsung for trade-in - seeing $240 vs $200 right now)

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>
You guys virtue signal about not buying an apple phone just as hard as any latte drinking faggot virtue signals about buying one, just FYI. Might want to tone that shit down. Just buy whatever makes you happy. You're more rabidly anti-apple than the most rabid apple fanboys I've ever seen.

• 2Picard
Reactions: 1 users

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
You guys virtue signal about not buying an apple phone just as hard as any latte drinking faggot virtue signals about buying one, just FYI. Might want to tone that shit down. Just buy whatever makes you happy. You're more rabidly anti-apple than the most rabid apple fanboys I've ever seen.

To me it's nothing about iPhone, it's just bad info I was responding to. Just like when I disputed the "no one needs to upgrade anymore since phone power has plateaued" earlier.

I personally don't buy iPhones because I hate a closed system - but I don't care what people use, I just hate bad data.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Found the guy who paid full price for the phone.

• 5Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

This is just the thing.. I have no brand loyalty. I have owned iPhones in the past. You know, when they were actually innovating? Remember those days? I'd be all over purchasing an iPhone if it offered anything remotely innovative. But they aren't. They are shitting out years old tech and branding it as their own "new features" and still lacking others entirely. Smoke and mirrors and you have the privilege of paying a premium for it.

I am not anti-Apple per se, I am anti getting fleeced for sub par technology.

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
So again, I see a picture of a bunch of idiots paying retail prices, I'll ask again, who on this forum is stupid enough to do that, thanks for the Picard lol

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Does any major carrier even offer contracts anymore?

The only thing they offer is 0% financing.

Not sure for new accounts, but I have an older sprint plan that is still contracts.

It's actually a really good deal, $200 (plus tax and fees) for 5 lines with unlimited data and a ~$450 subsidy for each line every two years.

The only problem is having to use the garbage sprint network.

And on the pricing thing, the only real way to get a discount on an iPhone near release is to switch carriers and/or trade in your existing phone. Samsung's MSRP may be similar to Apples, but there are always discounts you can get if you try a little. Plus usually there's some freebies like VR, SD cards, etc.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
I mean, part of the reason for Samsung having discounts is the disaster in the 7 series so it's been a pretty good time to jump in while they try and regain market share. This is easily the best phone I've ever owned but of course I come from a long line of Nexus phones.

I do have a bunch of useless ipads sitting around though and an ipod touch somewhere.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I personally don't buy iPhones because I hate a closed system
After being on android for a very long time this is exactly what I love about Apple right now.

When I download an app I know that it's clean of malware, it will work on my phone 100%, and that my entire family can get it also without needing my login information on every phone.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
I paid 740 after everything said and done bought a 2nd charging pad for garage and a 2nd battery, 360 camera didn't interest me..

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>

I'll 100% buy apple (edit: phone only) no matter what for the simple fact of already being walled up in that garden. I'd never ever choose to take the time to transfer all my shit to a completely different platform. I'll drop full price on an apple phone but I only upgrade once every 4 years or so so it's not too bad.