Smartphones

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Has there been an announcement on the successor to the Nexus 4? I think I will want to replace my iphone with the next generation, but not sure when that will be.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
There was rumor of a Nexus 5 a month or two back being announced at I/O, but as far as I know that hasn't happened. Keep in mind the Nexus 4 is only 6 months old at this point, so I wouldn't expect anything too huge in terms of an upgrade if they do release something this spring.

crimsonsin_sl

shitlord
My wife and I both have the Verizon official car chargers and her Nexus won't charge on mine unless she holds it in place. It's definitely looser than it used to be for my phone as well, though fortunately it charges without issue. Her charger holds a lot more firmly in both our phones.
Sounds like your ports worn like mine was, if you can spare $40 and about 20 minutes to swap out a ribbon cable she'll be working good as new in no time:http://www.ifixit.com/Answers/View/9...+charging+port

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There was rumor of a Nexus 5 a month or two back being announced at I/O, but as far as I know that hasn't happened. Keep in mind the Nexus 4 is only 6 months old at this point, so I wouldn't expect anything too huge in terms of an upgrade if they do release something this spring.
I think the fact that they are selling a GS4 in the play store with stock android on it now is pretty good evidence that there won't be another Nexus phone at least until fall. I hope they are using Motorola and building the Google Jesus phone for this fall since my contract is up in September. I have to be on Verizon though, and I have a feeling that whatever they come up with will not be available on Verizon
frown.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
What exactly are you expecting? All I can think is flip smartphones.
My hope is that we can use this type of technology to get a smartphone that doesn't cause you a $500 to $750 panic attack every time it drops from 3 inches or more from the ground. I'd be far more willing to pay $500 and up for a phone outright if it wasn't so damn flimsy. We used to throw our old Nokias against the wall when we were drunk in college because those fuckers were nigh indestructible.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I've only had my iphone a couple of months and I already want to trash it. What a piece of shit. Should've just bought the Nexus like I originally wanted to.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Charging a battery in that amount of time must do some amount of damage to its performance.

And give me some fucking science, CNN. I know what a battery is, I know what a supercapacitor is. Tell me how the two go together to charge one in a half minute.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah what a dumb article. There is no way to charge a li-ion battery in 30 seconds without it combusting into a pile of ash. This is why they all use trickle chargers, even in a wall socket type charger.

Maybe what they meant was the super-cap could be charged in 30 seconds.

Braen

<Medals Crew>
I know most of you guys are bleeding edgers, but Verizon is offering the Droid DNA for free until tomorrow. Probably going to announce the HTC One on Verizon.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah what a dumb article. There is no way to charge a li-ion battery in 30 seconds without it combusting into a pile of ash. This is why they all use trickle chargers, even in a wall socket type charger.

Maybe what they meant was the super-cap could be charged in 30 seconds.
Charge the supercap and that charges the battery as you use it? Probably. Not exactly ground breaking if two internet sleuths figured it out.