Smartphones

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
just lost my iphone 7+, anyone know of any good deals going right now? the service was shut off because of the provider i had was only available in a few states and not where im currently living at in CT, i got verizon / tmobile / metro / etc all around me.

does not matter if its an android or iphone

Most important criteria is your budget.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Googlefi is bonkers good value if you don't need any significant amount of data.

Having excellent wifi-calling and wifi-SMS is also underrated.

Also you can pick up incoming calls on any device that's logged into your gmail.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Just preordered my note 10+ tonight on Verizon.

$60 verizon up credits and $450 for trading in a god damn iPhone 5s. My note 8 has served me well, psyched for my bi-yearly upgrade.

Teck I'll sell you a note8 in good condition for $250, verizon coverage in ct is top notch.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Anyone else on Googlefi have an issue sending text messages with pictures? Often times I go to send one and it won't send, and I have to try several times to get it to work.

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
So I picked up the note 10+ and it's a really good phone. The size is perfect and the spen is pretty cool. I still have to figure out how most of the gestures work. The writing to text is really spot on. Not worth the full price but close. If you can get a decent trade in value from your previous phone then it's totally worth it.

Janx

<Silver Donator>
So I picked up the note 10+ and it's a really good phone. The size is perfect and the spen is pretty cool. I still have to figure out how most of the gestures work. The writing to text is really spot on. Not worth the full price but close. If you can get a decent trade in value from your previous phone then it's totally worth it.
Had to re-read because i thought you said...
1566597004651.png

(spren)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Anyone have experience with the iPhone XR? Wife needs a new phone and that looks like the most appealing upgrade option from the iPhone 7.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone have experience with the iPhone XR? Wife needs a new phone and that looks like the most appealing upgrade option from the iPhone 7.
Wife has it and it's fine. The things it cuts out from the other models to make it cheaper didn't matter to the wife.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

alavaz

Trakanon Raider
Anyone else on Googlefi have an issue sending text messages with pictures? Often times I go to send one and it won't send, and I have to try several times to get it to work.

Yeah it seems like it's a compression issue. If I have good signal or wifi I'll send pictures through Hangouts instead.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Well shit, AT&T has upped their game.

Ordered the iPhone XR for my wife yesterday around noon and they had someone hand deliver it to the house 4 hours later then stay and go through the transfer and set-up process. I was going to do all that shit myself, but I just let them do it and it took about 30 min. All for free.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Android 10 was released today, I was able to download the OTA update for my Pixel 2 XL. I like the dark mode, but it makes no sense that Google Play doesn't have a dark mode to it. That is a really mind boggling decision.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Android 10 was released today, I was able to download the OTA update for my Pixel 2 XL. I like the dark mode, but it makes no sense that Google Play doesn't have a dark mode to it. That is a really mind boggling decision.

Google has been updating the stlying of all their apps in preparation for dark theme release.

As a side note (hah!) got my Note 10+ today, did smart switch with a USB-C cable from my Note 8, up and running in less than 15m. Fricken sweet so far.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

Enable developer options and in the hardware accelerated rendering section enable override force-dark and you'll get play store dark mode. Dark mode Gmail is in the works but not released yet.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Enable developer options and in the hardware accelerated rendering section enable override force-dark and you'll get play store dark mode. Dark mode Gmail is in the works but not released yet.

Awesome! Thank you for the tip!