Smartphones

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Just bought Galaxy z flip 2.

Device is fucking amazing! Highly recommend even though 2,000 $ is insane.
The 2 ? I thought they hadn't released it yet? and I see news articles already talking about the 3? Wtf?

Jozu

It dropped in September but just became available near me last month.

It's an incredible device.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
I just can't see paying more than a few hundred dollars for a phone. There just isn't really any gains for 99.9% of people.

At least the folding phones are trying to be innovative and move technology along, but the premium charge on those phones is insanely laughable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
At what point does just adding a phone dongle to a tablet make more sense?

Derpa

Trakanon Raider
I've ordered a One Plus 8 pro to replace this 8t as it was 20% off on Amazon, so only £50 more than the Pixel 5, which is out of stock everywhere
How is the One plus 8 pro?

One of the phone I'm looking at to replace my old (OG) Pixel XL, it still works pretty well but the battery is fucking shit now.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
How is the One plus 8 pro?

One of the phone I'm looking at to replace my old (OG) Pixel XL, it still works pretty well but the battery is fucking shit now.

It's ok, still wasn't happy with camera but installing a Google camera apk improved it.

At this point I'd probably wait for the next OP in March, although I probably wouldn't buy OP again because the cameras really are as disappointing as reviews say

Vorph

I talked myself out of getting a Note 20 last year, which looks to have been a good idea now that the S21 Ultra is (almost) out...

Anyone familiar with the $200 credit Samsung is offering for preorders and what exactly they let you spend it on? Still deciding whether I'd actually use a S-Pen and I'll get one of their cases either way, but that leaves a lot left over at that point. I don't suppose I'll be able to use the rest on something like one of their watches?

Crone

I talked myself out of getting a Note 20 last year, which looks to have been a good idea now that the S21 Ultra is (almost) out...

Anyone familiar with the $200 credit Samsung is offering for preorders and what exactly they let you spend it on? Still deciding whether I'd actually use a S-Pen and I'll get one of their cases either way, but that leaves a lot left over at that point. I don't suppose I'll be able to use the rest on something like one of their watches?
Depends if it's a gift card or not. I received something similar when I bought my Note 9 a couple of years back and was able to spend it on a Samsung audio bar/sub combo off their site.

Yaamean

Molten Core Raider

I pre ordered the 21 ultra via samsung and got something like 550 credit towards trade in for my s10+. Ended up being a 199 down payment and 14 bucks a month for the line, I was able to snag the galaxy buds pro for free with the credit (Though they are going to arrive a week later).

I do wish it still had SD support, but I generally don't store too much on my phone so I wasnt too worried about it. My main issue with the 10+ was mainly battery life lately, so hopefully I'm all set for at least the next year or so.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
My phone is finally starting to flake out.

There any decent and reasonable phones?

Or is it still "1k is reasonable"?

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Refurb’ed iphone, sloppy seconds.

Had not looked in years, but the i11 isn't horrible expensive.

600? But more than I want to spend but they last forever. Or used to.

People still getting longevity out of iPhones?

slippery

<Bronze Donator>

I've been really happy with my Pixel 3a

I guess it boils down to what do you use your phone for, and what features do you want.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
If you really want a cheap phone, check out the Moto G Power. It won't win any awards for the best camera or anything, but everyone in my family uses them and they get the job done and they're only $250 unlocked. Really good battery life too. Oh and it has an SD card slot AND a 3.5mm headphone jack. Suck it Apple.

The only reason I don't have one is that I'm pretty invested in wireless charging and they don't have it. Also they're not waterproof. My mom dropped one in the toilet and that was the end of it.

Last edited:

Izo

Tranny Chaser

I got a chunky 8+ refurb bc I wreck them often on the job / need the shitty department apps for ptt notifications. And a 8 refurb for mrs izo - i pocketed the different to an 2020 se and bought some star wars lego sets.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I actually have the moto 7 power? Moto g power? Its great for 99% of everything, but starting to do weird shit.

Apps dont work right all the time, etc. Might give it a hard factory reset and see if that helps.

Pixel 4a was at a decent enough price I remember considering it as a scrolled through all the phones. Half tempted to get refurbished just as a way to keep the wife from wanting a new phone.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Like my Moto G Stylus, very similar to the Power. I am not a power user in the least and I got it at WalMart a while back for $89.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The wife and I both have the pixel 4a (no 5g). We have no complaints so far and it comes at a great price.

Axiel

Molten Core Raider
Bought a mid range unlocked Samsung A51 for $270, last month. By the packaging and charger, it came right out of the Libyan grey market. Wanted a high quality screen and camera. Seems really nice so far.