Smartphones

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
The Pixel A series has never had wireless charging. It's one of the things they hold back to keep from cannibalizing the main Pixel sales too much.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
these fucking pajeets are horrible
Screenshot_20230425-132331.png

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
these fucking pajeets are horrible
View attachment 470620
Man, I never get any pics. Mine are always, "Hi Susan, this is Emily. Did you want to play golf today?" Or something similar. The first few times I would respond with the typical, "This isn't Susan," to which they'd try to tell me how nice I am for not ripping them a new asshole for the crime of texting the wrong number I guess. They'd want to know what I did, if I was married, if I liked whatever type of woman they were pretending to be, blah blah. I'd always make up weird shit and I never got to whatever they actually wanted from me. I assume they were going the itunes card route or stealing my info, but they always gave up before then.

Now I've started answering like I'm the person they texted, like in the above I'd say sure, let's play golf today. They'll scramble to find a way to admit that they realized they texted the wrong person and try to "get to know me" again. Whenever they ask my name, now I tell them that I'm the person they originally texted (Susan in the example). So far, every one has stopped at that point. I need a new approach so I start getting pics! I've even tried the whole, "Listen, we both know you want something from me, so just send me some nudes and tell me what you want." I've also tried, "My GF and I have a bet going that you can settle. If you want itunes cards, I have to lick her butthole. If you want my bank info, she has to swallow my load. She's got a stinky ass, and I eat a lot of asparagus, so which one of us has to suffer tonight?" You'd think I'd at least get a laugh from that, but it is always silence after they realize I'm onto them :(

Has anyone gotten to the final boss in this game?

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
It looks like it's time for me to upgrade everything. I'm thinking of switching from AT+T to full Xfinity but maybe not and from my long in the tooth Razer2 (which I love) to a newer phone. In the past I've chosen the year old gamer phone because they tend to drop in price a lot and last a good while since they generally have great hardware. I should mention my whole house is set up for wireless since the USB on my Razer gave up the ghost very early. I'm thinking of biting the bullet and getting the Motorola Razr+ when it comes out but it's expensive, the batter is only 3800 and it doesn't charge that fast (super slow charging wirelessly). A surprising number of alternatives don't have wireless charging. I have an aversion to Samsung since every phone my wife has had from them has shit the bed and I'm not interested in directly giving google my money, so no pixel.

Does anyone have any other suggestions either in service providers or in phones to look at for reasonable value etc. My main use for my phone is actually onX since I hunt and fish a lot, camera stuff, and emails. I don't do any social media generally.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
So I have a 13 year old car. It has an "iPod" connector, which is basically a slot for an audiojack and USB-A. No fancy Android/IOS car interface. Since I like listening to audiobooks, and on occasion music, from my phone (and old LG G6) in my car audio system I used to use an audiojack-audiojack cable. But the G6 has this design flaw that means with time (and it's an old phone) the little hook in the phone's audiojack hole that pushes up to the plug and keeps it connected gets weaker over time and is now basically useless. I used to be able to stick a bent paperclip in to push it into place, but it's obvious that the metal is now too fatigued to do this for any length of time.

After that fizzled out I bought a audiojack-USB-C cable so I could connect to my phone's USB-C port for audio. That worked well for a few months, but now I suspect the USB-C port to be getting a bit fizzled out too as audiobooks and songs will often pause out of thin air - just as what happens if you pull your headphones out. So obviously some connectivity issue there.

Now, I'm loath to buy a new phone if I don't have to, so I'd like to know if there are any other solutions I could try? Any help would be appreciated.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
So I have a 13 year old car. It has an "iPod" connector, which is basically a slot for an audiojack and USB-A. No fancy Android/IOS car interface. Since I like listening to audiobooks, and on occasion music, from my phone (and old LG G6) in my car audio system I used to use an audiojack-audiojack cable. But the G6 has this design flaw that means with time (and it's an old phone) the little hook in the phone's audiojack hole that pushes up to the plug and keeps it connected gets weaker over time and is now basically useless. I used to be able to stick a bent paperclip in to push it into place, but it's obvious that the metal is now too fatigued to do this for any length of time.

After that fizzled out I bought a audiojack-USB-C cable so I could connect to my phone's USB-C port for audio. That worked well for a few months, but now I suspect the USB-C port to be getting a bit fizzled out too as audiobooks and songs will often pause out of thin air - just as what happens if you pull your headphones out. So obviously some connectivity issue there.

Now, I'm loath to buy a new phone if I don't have to, so I'd like to know if there are any other solutions I could try? Any help would be appreciated.

Maybe a bluetooth adapter you can plug in to the aux port? No idea how good this one is, it's just the first example of one from a quick Amazon search.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

get one of these that use the fm transmitter
568f5d140669fe6e93e535c9222ae601.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Maybe a bluetooth adapter you can plug in to the aux port? No idea how good this one is, it's just the first example of one from a quick Amazon search.

oh i thought the g6 was the car, yea many way, can even try a new "no install" head unit that is all the rage now w/ older cars
2559042a4fc3b0a32a2e57a81681485e.png

and you basically get a new headunit w/o wiring

or that "cumsoon" device works also

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
oh i thought the g6 was the car, yea many way, can even try a new "no install" head unit that is all the rage now w/ older cars
2559042a4fc3b0a32a2e57a81681485e.png

and you basically get a new headunit w/o wiring

or that "cumsoon" device works also

I would have been all over one of those back when I had my civic and was considering setting up a ghetto display for it using a cheapass fire tablet.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I would have been all over one of those back when I had my civic and was considering setting up a ghetto display for it using a cheapass fire tablet.
my 02 civic was an easy headunit upgrade, and i did it all while sitting in the drivers seat.

subaru had me upside down on the drivers seat (my legs were on the headrest), the only reason i know about those new no install headunits is cuz i was thinking about replacing that headunit w/ these new ones that all now support bt, carplay and android auto...

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
my 02 civic was an easy headunit upgrade, and i did it all while sitting in the drivers seat.

I had an 05 value package that I had already replaced the head unit on, but I used my phone for navigation. Google ended the ability to use android auto just on your phone a few months before I replaced the civic.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I had an 05 value package that I had already replaced the head unit on, but I used my phone for navigation. Google ended the ability to use android auto just on your phone a few months before I replaced the civic.
ha, 02 and 05 are the same 7th gen, we both still wfh and i just put on a solar trickle charger, so easy to route just a long the door, through the hinge and under the wheel well, didn't bother w/ tools, just shoved it through w/ my nimble asian hands, now i don't have to flip a coin to see if the car is dead when i use it once a month.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The head unit died in my 2011 F-150 and I replaced it with a Kenwood that is so much nicer than the factory radio I wish I had done it years ago. If you don't want to buy a new phone though, you probably don't want to spend $600 on a new radio either. The cheapest option would be the Bluetooth version of the FM transmitter that lanx suggested. No cable required for the car or the phone.

Aaron

Goonsquad Officer
<Bronze Donator>
Hmmm.. thanks for the tips. Will look both into that mini-tablet thing and the cheaper bluetooth FM adapter.

...or I might just buy a new phone, but the LG phones have amazing screens. Even modern Samsungs are not as good as old LG's.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
...or I might just buy a new phone, but the LG phones have amazing screens. Even modern Samsungs are not as good as old LG's.
that still might not solve your issue, as most phones have done away w/ 3.5mm (my lg wing doesn't have one)

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
My Pixel Fold arrived today. Will take a lot for me to go back to Samsung's Fold form factor.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Talos

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Boomer question. I have a Pixel 6 set up with two user accounts, one for personal and one for work. I also have a physical SIM and an eSIM.

Trying to get the number for the physical SIM to be associated with the personal user, and the eSIM to be associated with the work user. Basically I want all calls and text made to a phone number to go to just its associated user account. Is such a thing possible? I can't figure it out. I'm really trying to avoid having to buy another phone.