Smartphones

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'm not 100%sure but it doesn't work at all so I'm guessing it's blocked. None of my convos or contacts show up - but my phone calls do

Lost Virtue

Trakanon Raider
Franco kernel on Nexus 6P is a thing of beauty. I was able to get 7hrs SOT today with taking it off charger at 7:00am and putting it back on at 10:30 with push email on all day (approx. 150 emails; slow work day) and the rest being web-surfing and youtube. Amazing how a simple kernel can make such a difference

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Well, locked myself in to another 2 years with Sprint. Couldn't pass up the deal they were currently offering(we have a business account with them)

$.01 for a Samsung S6 for my wife, $99 for a Samsung Note 5 for me(both 32GB versions), and both come with a free 32" Samsung TV. I don't know what I'm going to do with those, I don't need or really want them at all. Maybe I can flip them on Craigslist for $50 apiece or something and get my $100 back that its costing for the 2 new phones.

Not a bad deal overall.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Noodle, I've used mighty text before, and it was pretty fantastic. Last time I used it though was a couple years ago. It was amazing on a Friday night, at least back then before kids, and would be trying to organize going out. Having a dozen texts all going at the same time!

Tried it again recently when I came back to Android and it wasn't working with Textra text app. But was working with the default messaging app. I should try it again and see of things have been updated.

Crone

I recently traded my iPhone 6plus for a note 5. The screen is great, and its a super fast phone. Loads all my apps so quick, and not even a hint of lag. Battery life suuuucks compared to the iPhone 6+ though. I went to work with a full charge and barely leaving my pocket it had drained more than 30%. My iPhone would have been around 90%... not sure if there is something wrong with it, or if thats standard for android phones these days.
For me it seems to have improved when I turned off most of Verizon's cloud backup. I already use Google photo, so I don't need it, and it was backing up a lot! So I changed settings to only back up contacts, once a day at night or something and it seems to have helped.

But on Kedwyns recommendation, I'm got gsm battery monitor and will run it for a few days to make sure anything unexpected isn't draining my battery.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I went from a OPO to a Note 5 a couple of weeks ago now and it has been awesome. Actually kind of makes me mad that it seems so much nicer than the OPO.

Aydenn

Lord Nagafen Raider
For me it seems to have improved when I turned off most of Verizon's cloud backup. I already use Google photo, so I don't need it, and it was backing up a lot! So I changed settings to only back up contacts, once a day at night or something and it seems to have helped.

But on Kedwyns recommendation, I'm got gsm battery monitor and will run it for a few days to make sure anything unexpected isn't draining my battery.
I got the battery monitor too, been running for the last day and a half. Most of my usage is from the android system and kernel. I've had 1 hr 11min of screen on time the last 14 hours and down to 39%. So mostly idle. I when i look at the numbers it doesn't seem bad, but i know that my iPhone gave me better battery life. I could go 2 days without charging that thing easily.

I'll try shutting off any verizon back up see if that helps.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Ditto, loving my Note 5. Much snappier and quicker than my note 3 was. It feels a little heavier with the metal casing vs the note 3s plastic, but the note 5 is just a tad narrower making it easier to use with 1 hand.

Now i just need to order a wireless charging pad

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I bit the bullet a long time ago and used Google Voice for texting. Back when carriers were charging $20 a month for unlimited texts it was an easy way to save money. I still use it and hangouts in chrome works great for texting from desktop.
Seeing as how 2/3rds of my texting is group threads where we send (arguably) funny pictures or mocking other people's facebooks by sending screen grabs, google voice is no bueno.

Crone

I've had the note 5 for a bit now, but I never use the stylus. Like literally never. But I think it's a better idea than the edge screen, so went with it. I don't get the point of the stylus at all.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
This Christmas going back home to Birmingham was the 1st bad experience I've had with Google Fi, but it is like... do I blame it or T-Mobile and Sprint? None of my family have had either carrier, we've all been Verizon or AT&T so had no idea how it'd perform. There are a ton of complete dead spots all the way there and signal at my Mom's place was almost non existent. Doesn't bum me out that much as we're only there once or twice a year, but it was the 1st time it'd actually hit me. Especially since 'Mom' internet is like 3 mb/s so I can't even tether and use LTE. Merry Christmas.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've had the note 5 for a bit now, but I never use the stylus. Like literally never. But I think it's a better idea than the edge screen, so went with it. I don't get the point of the stylus at all.
I use it to crop and edit pictures on my phone when its just something minor and I'm too lazy to walk downstairs to the pc. The Smart Select tool is awesome for cropping pictures.

Crone

Just tried MightyText app again, to be able to text from my computer, and it's working flawlessly with Textra now, on Android 5.1.1. Love this freakin' thing!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I'll give it a shot, I thought you had to use their stupid app.

The 500/month limit scared me at first, but I don't think i actually send that much. Does it have MMS support or just SMS?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Sprint annoys me sometimes

Got my wife and myself new phones. Got them all swapped over on my own through the Sprint website, everything works great.

But apparently, Sprint does a thing now where they send alerts to your notifications wanting you to download various apps...I'm sure it's companies paying for advertising.

Got an alert yesterday wanting me to download the Walgreens app, got an alert the day before wanting me to download some financial planning app, etc.

Quit sending me that shit Sprint, it's annoying as fuck. Makes my phone vibrate like a text or email would, but it's just that crap.

My old phone had been rooted for the last 2+ years so I never got that stuff from them, I don't know how long they've been doing it, but if I keep getting a notice every single day I'm going to have to root this one too.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sprint annoys me sometimes

Got my wife and myself new phones. Got them all swapped over on my own through the Sprint website, everything works great.

But apparently, Sprint does a thing now where they send alerts to your notifications wanting you to download various apps...I'm sure it's companies paying for advertising.

Got an alert yesterday wanting me to download the Walgreens app, got an alert the day before wanting me to download some financial planning app, etc.

Quit sending me that shit Sprint, it's annoying as fuck. Makes my phone vibrate like a text or email would, but it's just that crap.

My old phone had been rooted for the last 2+ years so I never got that stuff from them, I don't know how long they've been doing it, but if I keep getting a notice every single day I'm going to have to root this one too.
sounds like someone doesn't like you.