Smartphones

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My wife is big on otter box cases but they don't make them so had to get a supcase. Fucking gigantic piece of shit.

I don't know how people use otter boxes

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
My wife is big on otter box cases but they don't make them so had to get a supcase. Fucking gigantic piece of shit.

I don't know how people use otter boxes

I had an otterbox on my Evo 4G. It was the middle grade one and it was thick as hell. I bought it mainly because at the time I thought it was the case to buy if you didn't want to break your phone. Glad I'm no longer that ignorant.

dimstar

Silver Knight of the Realm
I searched and didn't see anything on Nokia's mainstream android phone return. Any insiders got any information?

My Nexus 5 is getting quite dated and am I in the process of trying to decide how long to wait before finally getting a new phone.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I searched and didn't see anything on Nokia's mainstream android phone return. Any insiders got any information?

My Nexus 5 is getting quite dated and am I in the process of trying to decide how long to wait before finally getting a new phone.
According to articles I was just reading on Forbes, it's only being released in Europe, but should be revealed and announced this month at Mobile World Congress convention.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
think i'm going back to Apple for my next Smartphone. it's February now and I still haven't received the Nougat update which came out last August. shit is a fucking joke.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
You are totally wrong about that. Fingerprint scanner on the back is much better. You just use your finger instead of your thumb. I usually have my Nexus 6P unlocked before it's all the way out of my pocket.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
Resting on desk would be the only negative to scanner on back. But at the same time, that also means taking up screen space with navigation buttons because you no longer have a need for physical buttons on the front. And no, manufacturer's do not always compensate onscreen buttons with a larger screen. See Pixel's huge chin.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
You are totally wrong about that. Fingerprint scanner on the back is much better. You just use your finger instead of your thumb. I usually have my Nexus 6P unlocked before it's all the way out of my pocket.
Yep, this. I thought I'd hate it but I love it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
maybe i'll have to see it for myself, but i can't for the life of me envision how it would be preferable to the current location. would also imagine you end up greasing up the camera lens by have to touch back there.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
manufacturer's do not always compensate onscreen buttons with a larger screen. See Pixel's huge chin.

Shit rustles my jims

Might as well have a goddamn hard home button a la Samsung for the amount of void space they left.

pixelbezelbottombruh.jpg

Pixel is a fine phone, but I would totally have a Note 7 right now if they weren't detonating in pockets.

Kaio

Bronze Knight of the Realm
After a little less then a year I still don't fully feel comfortable with the s7's half button fingerprint sensor. The Nexus 6P was the total opposite experience as I bought one for the old man last year. When setting it up it just felt natural plus worked every time after I registered my prints on his phone. The shape was circular, it was in the center, far larger then the S7's, and you can feel the edges as you put your finger on it. Also because of the size of it you have enough sample data easily for the software to recognize your fingerprint.

Just loaded a pic of the S8 and not only is it not in an easy spot like the nexus and a few other phones but it's again going to cover a odd quarter portion of the finger.

Fucking Samsung just fails at fingerprint scanners.

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>
think i'm going back to Apple for my next Smartphone. it's February now and I still haven't received the Nougat update which came out last August. shit is a fucking joke.

Sadly, it's either buy a Pixel or root your phone to get timely android updates. OnePlus hasn't been doing badly, but you still end up waiting at least a few months.

Shit rustles my jims

Might as well have a goddamn hard home button a la Samsung for the amount of void space they left.

View attachment 119067

Pixel is a fine phone, but I would totally have a Note 7 right now if they weren't detonating in pockets.

The chin is an unfortunate result of Google having all of 9 months to design and have HTC manufature it after the deal with Huawei fell through. It was mostly built from parts of phones HTC already made or were in the process of designing. I wish they had delayed it long enough to refine the design a bit.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
Just going to chime in and agree with the other folks about the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone. It is totally natural and I don't know that I hit the camera lense much while going to unlock.

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Love the fingerprint scanner on the back of the phone, especially the ability to swipe down on it with the pixel to check notifications panel.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Sadly, it's either buy a Pixel or root your phone to get timely android updates. OnePlus hasn't been doing badly, but you still end up waiting at least a few months.
Yeah I'm done with that shit, it's inexcusable at this point in time. add to that the fact that smartphone residual value means a lot more now that carriers are no longer giving away free Phones to get you sign contracts every year and iPhones beat Android phones handily in that metric. my smartphone history has been Droid > iPhone 4 > Galaxy S4 > iPhone 6 > Galaxy S7 Edge and it looks like the pattern will continue with me going to the iPhone 8 whenever that happens.