Smartphones

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Joe did you pay an early termination fee? I got my S2 the day it was released by Sprint and won't finish my two year contract until September.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Joe did you pay an early termination fee? I got my S2 the day it was released by Sprint and won't finish my two year contract until September.
Same here, I wasn't eligible until October, but I was adding a line to my family plan(for my mother who has no cell phone at all), so *yoink* new S4 for me, and my S2 becomes the hand-me-down. Also as of right now on Sprint, the HTC One was $199 and the S4 is $249 when adding a line/renewing a contract. $100 less than that if you are bringing a number over from another carrier.

bho

Bronze Knight of the Realm
they bumped the verizon gs4 ship date to 5/23 (10 days from today). what is the current status of root / roms on the other versions?

Anyone else have trouble with the charging plug on their Galaxy Nexus? I'm actually on my second one now and both of them started getting nearly impossible to keep the charging cable plugged in to after 6-8 months. I thought maybe it was the cheap Monoprice cables I used on the first phone but this time I have used only cables that came with the phone and half the time I wake up to a dead phone and I can't drive with the thing plugged in for more than 10 minutes before the plug vibrates out. It's annoying the hell out of me.
I've had mine since like 3 months after it came out, if the cable is at the wrong angle it will plug and unplug a bunch in a row and not really charge. I mostly find it to be an issue in my car when the cable is plugged in at an odd angle though. I don't believe it has ever been an issue just sitting on my nightstand. Though it is slowly getting worse, so maybe I'm just not as far along as you are.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My old HTC Desire is dying. What should I replace it with - Samsung S4 or iPhone 5?

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
S4 or HTC one both blow away the iPhone 5. My brother-in-law has an iPhone 5, we were comparing it to my new S4 yesterday, and it just makes the IPhone 5 look old and dated. Looks like a phone from like 2-3 years ago honestly when sitting next to my S4 or even my wifes S3, just doesn't even look like it's the same generation of electronics.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anyone going to get the Linus 928 on Verizon? Pretty much improved 920 and verizons flagship phone

Izo

Tranny Chaser
Fair enough - ordered a black S4. Thanks guys, solid
smile.png

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
There have been some rumors that IOS 7 will be a "big" update, whatever that means. I wonder if IOS will be getting widgets finally. I think at the very least it will look different and hopefully have better notifications.

Ameraves

New title pending...
<Bronze Donator>
So rumor is that Verizon may actually announce the HTC One on the 22nd. The original thought was they were going to announce the Lumia 928 on that day, but since they just did that people have shifted their focus back to the HTC One. Here is to hoping...

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There have been some rumors that IOS 7 will be a "big" update, whatever that means. I wonder if IOS will be getting widgets finally. I think at the very least it will look different and hopefully have better notifications.
Doesn't matter if they don't increase screen size.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Battery life seems solid on the S4 so far.

rrr_img_24943.jpg

rrr_img_24944.png

That's all with the screen at about 50% brightness, which is PLENTY as bright as the screen on this thing is crazy bright. 50% brightness on the S4 feels about the same as 100% brightness on my old S2. Most of that screen usage time was playing games, which I'm sure has to tax the processor/battery a bit more than just general web browsing or checking emails. Also included about an hour of voice talk time. All of that is with pretty much every bell and whistle turned on. 8 hours on 4G, the rest on wifi, all the weird crap like multi-window, S Beam, NFC, Air view, Air Gesture, Smart Stay, and Smart scroll turned on the whole time.

edit - goddamn screen captures are huge, spoilered them

Pinch_sl

shitlord
Anyone else have trouble with the charging plug on their Galaxy Nexus? I'm actually on my second one now and both of them started getting nearly impossible to keep the charging cable plugged in to after 6-8 months. I thought maybe it was the cheap Monoprice cables I used on the first phone but this time I have used only cables that came with the phone and half the time I wake up to a dead phone and I can't drive with the thing plugged in for more than 10 minutes before the plug vibrates out. It's annoying the hell out of me.
My wife and I both have the Verizon official car chargers and her Nexus won't charge on mine unless she holds it in place. It's definitely looser than it used to be for my phone as well, though fortunately it charges without issue. Her charger holds a lot more firmly in both our phones.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
I'm kinda jealous over how awesome the HTC One looks. I'm still with my GN and It's running great, but dayummmm HTC has kicked it up. I'm still very apprehensive about getting a non-stock Android OS. I was playing with my brother's Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 last weekend, and the thing was fuggin SLOW. I also like that I can take my GN out of Canada and buy a PayG card in many places.