Smartphones

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Fucker

Log Wizard
Well shit, AT&T has upped their game.

Ordered the iPhone XR for my wife yesterday around noon and they had someone hand deliver it to the house 4 hours later then stay and go through the transfer and set-up process. I was going to do all that shit myself, but I just let them do it and it took about 30 min. All for free.

You are both going to wake up without kidneys tomorrow.

Never fall for these cunning little plans.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
can't get my Pixel 2 XL's Bluetooth audio output to be stereo. always just mono.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Here we go... how many camera's can you stuff on to the back of a phone war is coming.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Here we go... how many camera's can you stuff on to the back of a phone war is coming.

Seth Brundle would have loved these.

dizzie

Triggered Happy
So apple make a pro phone geared towards photographers and cinematographers and give it 64gb of base storage. At least you get a year of free appletv+ - I guess they have to bump up the subscriber count somehow as that service is a dead duck already.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
64gb!? My note 10+ came with base 256gb, and a microsd slot.

JFC Apple...

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
64gb!? My note 10+ came with base 256gb, and a microsd slot.

JFC Apple...

If they jacked up the memory to 256GB, Apple being Apple would want to charge an extra $1000 for the phone due to their over inflated pricing scheme on memory. To be fair Apple isn't the only one that does this, but they do seem to charge more than the others for more memory.

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
You mentioned the SD slot, Am I right in reading that none of the Pixel 3 family have an SD card slot? And that only the 3a has a traditional 3.5mm jack?

My Pixel XL (gen 1) is having battery fatigue and I'm seriously considering it's finally time to give in and get something new. Front runners are a Pixel 3/3a or a Samsung s10.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
You mentioned the SD slot, Am I right in reading that none of the Pixel 3 family have an SD card slot? And that only the 3a has a traditional 3.5mm jack?

My Pixel XL (gen 1) is having battery fatigue and I'm seriously considering it's finally time to give in and get something new. Front runners are a Pixel 3/3a or a Samsung s10.

that is correct. I have pixel 3 XL, no sd slot, no 3.5mm jack

• 1Like

Denamian

Night Janitor
<Nazi Janitors>

I replaced my original Pixel XL with a 3a XL after breaking the display doing a battery replacement. Haven't regretted it. The only downgrade was going from 128 to 64 GB of storage.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
The Asus Zenphone 6 has an sd slot and a 3.5 jack. I'm considering it because of the huge battery and oled doesn't matter all that much to me.

• 1Like

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Anyone use an iPhone on Google fi? My wife is an iPhone user and I'm looking to switch her to google fi

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
ugh had to file an insurance claim on my Pixel XL 2 and Verizon no longer sells that model, so i had to get a different one as my replacement.

how is the Samsung Galaxy S8+ in comparison to the Pixel XL 2? am i gonna hate the Samsung version of Android?

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
ugh had to file an insurance claim on my Pixel XL 2 and Verizon no longer sells that model, so i had to get a different one as my replacement.

how is the Samsung Galaxy S8+ in comparison to the Pixel XL 2? am i gonna hate the Samsung version of Android?
Some here will say yes. I personally don't have a single issue with Samsung phones and what they put on it. I've disabled most of Verizon's apps, and have been fine.

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I ended up calling customer service and am getting a replacement Pixel 2 XL after all. Samsung already ended support for the Galaxy S8+, Google is going to support the Pixel 2 XL til October 2020, that difference was a deal breaker for me. Felt no choice but to call and work some phone magic.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I just upgraded from a galaxy s8 to a pixel 3. I would classify the Samsung shit as "mildly annoying". I definitely prefer the pixel (aside from battery life) but I definitely wouldn't call it a deal breaker. The S8 is a nice phone with a little annoying crapware on it.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
The Asus Zenphone 6 has an sd slot and a 3.5 jack. I'm considering it because of the huge battery and oled doesn't matter all that much to me.
Don't

I literally just replaced my ASUS Zen Fone 5 with a Pixel 3XL. That was a my my 3rd ASUS phone, I kept buying them in because the fanboi in me loves their PC Hardware and Periphs, but sadly each phone under performed and was buggy as fuck. Tons of compatibility issues with Apps with Android Auto being at the top of the list. The Cameras were all shit in comparison to phones at lower price points.

Anyway, came here to rave about my new Pixel and saw your post and gave you my two cents.

Only complaint about the Pixel 3XL is the battery life, though it really shouldn't impact my typical day much if at all.

EDIT: Got the 128GB Pixel 3XL

• 1Like

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Press is doom and glooming that iOS 13 is buggy. I've had no problems. Usually not a huge fan of Apple's first-party apps, but the new swipe keyboard's really solid; so solid that I uninstalled SwiftKey.

• 1Solidarity

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Don't

I literally just replaced my ASUS Zen Fone 5 with a Pixel 3XL. That was a my my 3rd ASUS phone, I kept buying them in because the fanboi in me loves their PC Hardware and Periphs, but sadly each phone under performed and was buggy as fuck. Tons of compatibility issues with Apps with Android Auto being at the top of the list. The Cameras were all shit in comparison to phones at lower price points.

Anyway, came here to rave about my new Pixel and saw your post and gave you my two cents.

Only complaint about the Pixel 3XL is the battery life, though it really shouldn't impact my typical day much if at all.

EDIT: Got the 128GB Pixel 3XL
Word is that it's much better than the 5 but I'm going to wait a bit for longer evaluations. Huge battery or replaceable battery is very important to me.