Smokers / Grills

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And again, why do none of these have porcelain grates? I'm sure they offer them as an upgrade for $150 or whatever, booo.
lowes brand has one chargriller 980, has the porcelin gratets you want too
13874b0cb2c85b8b53a940cd022aedc3.png

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I meant the Masterbuilt. I'm staying away from the Chargriller after doing a deep dive into reddit and some other sites.

Kinner

Clear eyes. Full Hearts. Can't lose.
I honestly prefer cast iron grates, just me. Also the lss mods help out too.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I prefer ceramic both because it’s easier to clean and because they hold onto heat and help distribute it more evenly.

bit everyone’s got their preference for sure, different strokes and all that.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Grillgrates....

Screenshot 2024-01-31 9.14.13 PM.png

Just have to be sure to clean the trenches between cooks or they can flare up.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I've almost convinced myself to get a gravity fed charcoal this spring. The auger went out on my pellet grill and I'm not sure I feel like dealing with it.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
Hmm, very curious about this.
They are great. Really improved my gas grill. I heard about them from Meathead and he has never steered me wrong.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
My 1.5 year old pit boss had the control panel break. Which just angers me. I don't want to deal with fixing it so I am just going to get rid of it and get a Traegar.

Makes me salty that it broke so quickly. My Dad had a Traegar for 20+ years until it gave out.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
My 1.5 year old pit boss had the control panel break. Which just angers me. I don't want to deal with fixing it so I am just going to get rid of it and get a Traegar.

Makes me salty that it broke so quickly. My Dad had a Traegar for 20+ years until it gave out.
Traegar of 20 years ago is not Traegar now, they make their parts in the same place as the others now, China and Vietnam. When they were made in America they were no frills tanks that lasted forever. This is much less the case now.

if I were buying a pellet grill now, I’d go Yoder, Lone Star Grillz or Lang.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Traegar of 20 years ago is not Traegar now, they make their parts in the same place as the others now, China and Vietnam. When they were made in America they were no frills tanks that lasted forever. This is much less the case now.

if I were buying a pellet grill now, I’d go Yoder, Lone Star Grillz or Lang.
Yoder looks reasonable. I don't want or need some massive monstrosity.

BrutulTM

<Silver Donator>
I've had my YS640 for 6 years now and it always just works. Also, I backed my pickup into it once and it didn't even leave a mark. They'r'e even better now with the built in Fireboard but I have nothing bad to say about mine. I've used it in sub-zero temps and it barely extends the cook time.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
need to buy a new grill for the summer. My last one was a $200 Char-Broil that had the bottom rust away and fall through last year

Should I buy one now or wait till Memorial Day sales?

its not urgent.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Going to the BBQ store tomorrow and see the Yoders they have. Might just buy it then as Brisket season is upon us.

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
need to buy a new grill for the summer. My last one was a $200 Char-Broil that had the bottom rust away and fall through last year

Should I buy one now or wait till Memorial Day sales?

its not urgent.
Don't buy a grill, buy a flat top griddle.

There is just no reason to go with a normal grill over the griddle if you are cooking with gas.

• 1Pants on Fire!
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Shark Tank Writing GIF

Can you give me the tl;dr?

Unless there are specific things you want to do with a gas grill, a griddle is the superior tool in every way.

Temp control is better, clean up is easier, you can use every inch of available space without things falling into the fire, you can cook any type of food on it, etc. I could keep going, but I can't think of a single compelling reason to go with a grill over a griddle at this point. I bought a 22" one on major sale a few months ago and I've already used it more times then I used my previous 2 gas grills that I payed more for and had for a few years each. The only thing I regret is not getting at least a 36" one, and you can also buy them with air fryers and shit attached.

I can't imagine why it took until the 2020s for outdoor gas griddles to become ubiquitous, that is how game changing it is for outdoor cooking. I will never go back to a normal grill, and in my next house I'm going to go with a high-end chef's stove to get a griddle inside my house.

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
Unless there are specific things you want to do with a gas grill, a griddle is the superior tool in every way.

Temp control is better, clean up is easier, you can use every inch of available space without things falling into the fire, you can cook any type of food on it, etc. I could keep going, but I can't think of a single compelling reason to go with a grill over a griddle at this point. I bought a 22" one on major sale a few months ago and I've already used it more times then I used my previous 2 gas grills that I payed more for and had for a few years each. The only thing I regret is not getting at least a 36" one, and you can also buy them with air fryers and shit attached.

I can't imagine why it took until the 2020s for outdoor gas griddles to become ubiquitous, that is how game changing it is for outdoor cooking. I will never go back to a normal grill, and in my next house I'm going to go with a high-end chef's stove to get a griddle inside my house.

Something like this?

1709906663407.png