SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Normally I'd be all over this, but after the shitshow of stock shortages that Nintendo pulled with the NES classic, I will gladly continue pirating roms without giving any fucks. Nintendo can suck my hairy dick until they stop making artificial shortages and being pants-on-head retarded about anything and everything they produce.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Loser Araysar

Chief Russia Correspondent / Stock Pals CEO
<Gold Donor>
i already own 800+ SNES roms including games that were never released in US like Secret of Mana 2.

this would have been a great idea if this came out like 10 years ago, but at this point with TVs that have VGA and DVI ports, raspberry pi kits - this shit is about 10 years too late.

but this isnt aimed at me, this is aimed at everyone else in my age group. people that dont torrent, or dick around with hardware or software, etc.

im sure theyll sell enough of these to justify the effort

Siliconemelons

Ill try and preorder this - even with my raspi3 its still cool to have a real mini console for the kids.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
you can pre order on amazon UK, even tho the page says they don't deliver to USA i put in an order just fine using my US amazon account, came out to 72 pounds total which is $92 freedom bux. it IS the EU version, not US, so it'll have british power, maybe PAL output, etc. I'll cancel if/when I get a US version order but until then at least I have something
Nintendo Classic Mini: Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Amazon.co.uk: PC & Video Games

Runnen

Vyemm Raider
if you really want one of these follow wario64 on twitter Wario64 (@Wario64) | Twitter and have it push out updates to your phone, he is really good about putting instant updates on sales. for example it just went on sale in the UK

Just snagged one on Game.co.uk, thanks for the heads up! Ended up being a smidge cheaper than Amazon.co.uk for some reason.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
provided nintendo has someone with an IQ > 85ish they'll overproduce the crap out of this to take advantage of the people wanting to make a profit based on previous stock shortages

prolly sells out real soon i guess

Derkon

Trakanon Raider
will this have the same shitty short cord for the controller that the mini NES had?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty good list. Chrono trigger is on a bunch of other platforms already so I don't really care about it not being there. Other than that they pretty much hit all of my favorites. There were a few less popular ones that I really liked (like Cybernator) but i get why they aren't included. I think Act Raiser or one of the sequels should be in there though.

And maybe soulblazer, don't know how big that game was but I remember the overworld tune (in the first world at least, don't remember if it changes)by heart

Next year N64 classic?

Last edited:

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
RPI using EmuStation I consider a stopgap if you can't get something better. I think everyone who has the setup can attest that the input feels ever so slightly off and you can tell you're playing an emu.

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Update from Nintendo to questions from Kotaku:

We aren’t providing specific numbers, but we will produce significantly more units of Super NES Classic Edition than we did of NES Classic Edition.

Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition is currently planned to ship from Sept. 29 until the end of calendar year 2017. At this time, we have nothing to announce regarding any possible shipments beyond this year.

Our long-term efforts are focused on delivering great games for the Nintendo Switch system and continuing to build momentum for that platform, as well as serving the more than 63 million owners of Nintendo 3DS family systems. We are offering Super Nintendo Entertainment System: Super NES Classic Edition in special recognition of the fans who show tremendous interest our classic content.

So no guarantee that they will produce/sell this past Holidays, just like NES Classic.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Meanwhile, if Nintendo didn't have their head up their ass, they would already be knee deep in NES, SNES, N64, and GC port overs to activate on the Virtual Console on the Switch, charge $59 a year for the subscription which would include online multiplayer, put voice and lobby on the device, and give access to ALL the games on VC while subscribed, and not only sell 100+ million switches in their sleep, have an ongoing revenue stream which would print money.

What a bunch of absolutely clueless idiots.

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 3 users

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Meanwhile, if Nintendo didn't have their head up their ass, they would already be knee deep in NES, SNES, N64, and GC port overs to activate on the Virtual Console on the Switch, charge $59 a year for the subscription which would include online multiplayer, put voice and lobby on the device, and give access to ALL the games on VC while subscribed, and not only sell 100+ million switches in their sleep, have an ongoing revenue stream which would print money.

The contracts for such a thing would be a nightmare. Could they do it with all their 1st party? Sure easy. It gets far more complicated when you are dealing with massive amounts of 3rd party and many of them now defunct.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider

They could literally just sell "NES Classic Game Pack" and "SNES Classic Game Pack" for $60 each and they would sell tons. Plus more profit with no hardware.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
This is simply a preference thing but I'm saddened they left off Final Fantasy 2. I know most probably prefer 3 but 2 has always been my favorite FF. I like the list. I'll try to pick one up. I have to agree with Ut. They're complete idiots and for some reason must not like to print their own money. They're their own worst enemies.

• 2Solidarity

Wombat

Trakanon Raider
First impression: Only 20 games? They are totally going to sell additional DLC games through this, aren't they?

Second impression: Star Fox 2 is a shrewd move for the retro crowd. IIRC, Super Mario RPG never made it out in Europe either, as the Square/Nintendo rift was already in effect. (Clearly carts (and raping publishers with manufacturing fees for carts) were they future, weren't they?)

Third Impression: Still only a holiday item? Nintendo's been fucking up their projections for forever (too much 3DS, not enough Wii, too much Wii U, not enough Switch, not enough NES Classic), and they still are afraid of unsold inventory.

Fourth Impression: Only 20 games? (Again!) With a lineup like the SNES', 20 games means you're getting just the most nostalgia-baity titles it produced. So A) I already bought over half of these games on Wii's Virtual Console or (3)DS, and B) Where's the chance for people to pick up your cult classics like Shadowrun, Zombies ate my Neighbors, Actraiser; your flat out omissions like Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy 2/IV; or, just for humor's sake, A SINGLE FUCKING GAME THAT WASN'T DEVELOPED IN JAPAN OR PUBLISHED BY NINTENDO. (NBA Jam, Mortal Kombat 2, etc.)

joz123

Potato del Grande
Brain Lord and 7th Saga should be in there. No game ever pissed me off as much as 7th Saga.

• 2Solidarity