SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
With all the options to emulate old Nintendo games, I almost passed on the NES classic. I'm glad I managed to snag one at the last minute though. I'm not much of a collector, but I do like having the actual mini NES and original Nintendo controller. Definitely plan on picking up the SNES

yimmien

Molten Core Raider
My rpi has a case that looks like an NES and 2 wireless snes pads that feel almost perfect. Yet I still want one just because. What is wrong with me?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
I mean it's why people pay for Netflix when they could pirate everything that's on there. It's convenient and priced right for what you get. People will chose the legal option when it is consumer friendly to do so for the most part.

Really the only unfriendly part about the nes classic was the availability.

That's not to mention that the average person might want one for nostalgia's sake and decide to pick one up if they see it, but they aren't going buy third party solutions and piece it together themselves. I know it's reasonably simple, but it doesn't matter

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'll try to snag one on Amazon when they go up for preorder. Otherwise I won't bother. The NES Classic was impossible to get without rewarding shitbags like Keg.

• 1Salty
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

joz123

Potato del Grande
I could easily just get an emulator and roms for the games I would want to play but I would rather support Nintendo. Plus that is a good list of games that very much justify the 80 dollar price point.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I could easily just get an emulator and roms for the games I would want to play but I would rather support Nintendo. Plus that is a good list of games that very much justify the 80 dollar price point.

If it tracks all of N's recent HW releases, it will be mostly available via scalpers. So you won't be supporting Nintendo, you'll be supporting Keg's supply of rohypnol.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Brain Lord and 7th Saga should be in there. No game ever pissed me off as much as 7th Saga.

Still to this day like 20 years later I've never been able to figure out how to beat 7th Saga. I always get to a point where the rival heros that have the stones fucking shrek me and I can't beat them.

joz123

Potato del Grande
I always played as the robot dude cause he had a ton of health or the demon guy for his fire spells. I got slaughtered if I picked anyone else.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I could easily just get an emulator and roms for the games I would want to play but I would rather support Nintendo.

giphy.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_00

<Banned>
I always played as the robot dude cause he had a ton of health or the demon guy for his fire spells. I got slaughtered if I picked anyone else.

That's hilarious, demon guy was like the hardest on the game to win with and the titan was easiest, you sir did it like it should be done.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So did the NES Classic actually make it not look like ass on an HD tv? Because I've already built a Pi and have it loaded down along with an actual CRT TV.

I'm more interested in getting actual carts for my SNES that still works.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user