SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Hell, they even used pirated roms in it.
if that's the case, it's probably one of the reasons Chrono Trigger isn't included. the emulated version of that game has a major issue where you run into a door that you need to press like 4 buttons at once to open, which doesn't work on emulators.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if that's the case, it's probably one of the reasons Chrono Trigger isn't included. the emulated version of that game has a major issue where you run into a door that you need to press like 4 buttons at once to open, which doesn't work on emulators.

also there's issues with cloud transparency on some of the overworld maps. used to have to hit F6 or whatever to be able to see your character. i could totally see Nintendo being too lazy to fix these little issues.

k^M

Blackwing Lair Raider

I remember that, but the emulators all have a setting that allows you to program both L&R to something to get around that. I assume they could do something similar in the mini-settings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
also there's issues with cloud transparency on some of the overworld maps. used to have to hit F6 or whatever to be able to see your character. i could totally see Nintendo being too lazy to fix these little issues.

This was fixed last time I played it on ZSNES. But yeah my first play through in high school on ZSNES had this issue.

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Pretty sure Mario RPG does too. I remember playing an emulator and getting stuck on it because I couldn't press the button combination that was required

Luthair

Lord Nagafen Raider
Are you sure it wasn't the limitation on the number of simultaneous key presses on old keyboards?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Are you sure it wasn't the limitation on the number of simultaneous key presses on old keyboards?
I think the emulators themselves had the limitation. I don't really know which it was, but yeah the limitation was the number of simultaneous buttons.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
just realized there probably won't be a way to play three-player Secret of Mana on this and i got sad.

• 1SJW

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Holy fuck everyone knows you can emulate on an RPI stop with this bullshit. You are not opening a single person's eyes.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
It's fucking stupid to pay 80 bucks to play these games again with a small little emulator box which is the same emulation used by Nintendo which you can download. Seriously fucking ridiculous and no point to get this thing unless you are a clueless idiot when it comes to electronics and how they work, which I would assume excludes everyone on this forum.

Not to mention, these idiots should have been putting resources to VC for the Switch and launching all these games on that platform within a subscription.

It's utterly clueless fucking backwards thinking and the consumerism behind buying shit like this isn't helping force Nintendo's hand at making common sense business decisions which bring more value to gamers.

Anyone who buys this pile of shit needs to pull their head out of their ass.

Love you all, carry on.

• 1Salty

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
It's fucking stupid to pay 80 bucks to play these games again with a small little emulator box which is the same emulation used by Nintendo which you can download. Seriously fucking ridiculous and no point to get this thing unless you are a clueless idiot when it comes to electronics and how they work, which I would assume excludes everyone on this forum.

Not to mention, these idiots should have been putting resources to VC for the Switch and launching all these games on that platform within a subscription.

It's utterly clueless fucking backwards thinking and the consumerism behind buying shit like this isn't helping force Nintendo's hand at making common sense business decisions which bring more value to gamers.

Love you all, carry on.

i'm behind you 100% in the Switch thread Ut, but there is absolutely a place for a reasonable consumer to buy this product. it is the cheapest way to play all these games that doesn't involve piracy. that's enough for a lot of people, end of story.

especially if its for your kids. do you really want to be teaching your five year old the lesson of "why pay for it if you can steal it"?

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 1 users

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Love you all, carry on.

"HAHA look at these stupid idiots, paying a reasonable price for a piece of retro gaming hardware designed for children instead of buying a tiny microcomputer and loading it up with illegal software at pretty much the same cost and much less convenience. man, what a bunch of dummies!"

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Worf
  • 1Smuggly
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
"HAHA look at these stupid idiots, paying a reasonable price for a piece of retro gaming hardware designed for children instead of buying a tiny microcomputer and loading it up with illegal software at pretty much the same cost and much less convenience. man, what a bunch of dummies!"

I already paid for all those games. Three times over. Get off your ass and build a Pi and quit giving this idiotic company your money when all they are doing is ripping off ROM's from the internet and emulating on their own Pi to begin with!

• 1Solidarity

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
i'm behind you 100% in the Switch thread Ut, but there is absolutely a place for a reasonable consumer to buy this product. it is the cheapest way to play all these games that doesn't involve piracy. that's enough for a lot of people, end of story.

especially if its for your kids. do you really want to be teaching your five year old the lesson of "why pay for it if you can steal it"?

I can see your point. I can also see the point of not giving Nintendo any cash for doing nothing but ripping an emulator from the internet, along with the Roms, and throwing it in an 80 dollar device when they should be concentrating on the Switch, it's pitfalls, making more games for it, and releasing a solid online service/VC. I would much rather buy a switch and have access to a huge library of portable VC titles via a subscription then see this garbage.

All in all, it's just another reason why Nintendo is Nintendo. Just venting some frustrations. I see your point though. It's easy, it's quick, it's plug and play, and you just play the games. I just hate the business aspect of it and how they are going about doing it.

That 5 year old would much rather have a switch with a huge choice of Nintendo VC titles on the go, then sit at home playing on a small box in front of the TV. And the revenue would benefit Nintendo in two ways instead of one, one of those being a very large on going and sustainable subscription stream to build a strong service on and enter the standards based gaming world.

Last edited:

Utnayan

<Gold Donor>
well you're dumb then because this is going to be the first time i paid for any of those in the last 20 years.

A little Hyperbole there, but I paid for all the original NES/SNES titles, and then some VC for the Wii and 3DS which didn't transfer to any of the other systems.