SNES Classic - 9/29 - $80

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
From the stock that every place seems to have gotten, it kinda did seem like they were flooding the market.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Here is what I did. I am building a Rasp Pi and will have over 4,000 games from all walks of retro life and I didn't even have to leave the house.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Here is what I did. I am building a Rasp Pi and will have over 4,000 games from all walks of retro life and I didn't even have to leave the house.

I think the same thing, yet people still are flipping shit to get these and paying premiums to scalpers for them (and the NES Classic). I guess a lot of people out there want the retro experience, but are intimidated by the relatively simple Retropie build.

The sad part is that even when Nintendo is presented with a market full of slack-jawed retards lining up to give them money for a simple system that should be very profitable to them, they STILL can't get their shit together and satisfy the tard market. Pathetic.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
If anyone gets an extra one they want to sell me in NYC please PM me. I'll come to you with cash. I'm at Wall Street until 6PM but can duck out for 30m or under via bike if any one can hook me up!

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>

Post instructions for your build and where you got the Roms and Emulators.

Siliconemelons

Nintendo's emulator for the NES proved to be one of the best, even after all these years - and looks like the SNES one is the same - nintendo having the actual stuff and records shows- the FX chip and that random chip they stuck on mario kart etc. always was a hiccup- so technically the classic systems still provide the absolute BEST "true" exp playing these games.

But, as said before- I have a retropie setup and care not to fight the crowds or care that much, if its on the shelf when I walk by one day- it most likely would fall in my cart.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Tried to snag one for my brother and both Walmarts in my area were sold out and a line was already formed at target at 530am. I'll try bestbuy after work and might get lucky as they always seem to get a city size allocation for being in a rural location.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
thanks for posting the emu/roms

guess i'll just do that tonight if I don't get one later today

really would love the convenience of this stupid device tho!!! :mad:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
This is what I got :)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LWVVMUI/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I could have ordered the parts spearately and maybe saved some cash but this was convenient and came with fantastic instructions :)

Screw Nintendo and their horseshit business ethics/supply problems - and this piece of junk classic garbage when they should have concentrated on VC for Switch and sold a subscription service.

Now I just need to learn how to make an arcade out of this thing.

Njals

<Bronze Donator>
Retro pie is amazing and last time I was at a Frys they had USB versions of genesis, nes, snes and even the N64 claw controllers. Pi zero has some problems with N64 and up but the Pi 3 handles them pretty well. On a side note anyone have any luck with the PC Engine on a pi3? Have never been able to get Dracula X to boot up.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

spronk

FPS noob
there will be another restock of the SNES classic in 4-5 weeks, it uses nearly the same identical hardware as the NES classic which means Nintendo is probably ramping up prod of both for continuous delivery over the next year. But yeah, who knows when they will actually show up and in what quantities.

Still, scalper prices seem pretty tame, I see a bunch up at my local craigslist and http://offerup.com at $120-150, those kinda prices aren't worth it to me to resell something you are paying $85-90 for (taxes)

My amazon.UK order of the SNES Euro edition shipped but its gonna take 2 weeks (!) to arrive, but it actually cost less than the US version thanks to no VAT taxes and free shipping. My best buy order arrives today, good nuff for me. I cancelled my two extras

Siliconemelons

i really like Vimm's Lair: Preserving the Classics . surprisingly complete and awesome ROM collection for being one guy working on a site that looks like its from 2002.

claims to have every SNES game ever released in the USA in The Vault, as well as many other systems.

I remember old Kefka's Domain - back when hosting roms on a normal open website and fighting "the power" was a daily thing.