Snow Girl and The Dark Crystal

Jait

Molten Core Raider
If I liked Scorpion King with The Rock will I enjoy this movie?
If this movie is a C-, the Scorpion King swept the Oscars and the Rock is the greatest actor in the history of the world.

If you're unfamiliar with the story, there's a good twist in the middle. Otherwise no. It's totally watchable if you're drinking or smoking. Bring friends.

Sterling

El Presidente
I downloaded this and will probably watch it Sunday or something. Sounds like it's not going to be very good, which is unfortunate. I do like a good Chinese epic.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Looks entertaining enough for me
smile.png

CGI looks like crap, what happened to just good ole wire work.

spronk

FPS noob
Watched this tonight, not great but passable I guess. CGI is pretty atrocious in most places, like 70s style B stop motion but with CGI instead. The non CGI set pieces tend to be gorgeous however.

The story is just weird, I guess you see a lot of the chinese influences of "society > individual, order is the most important thing to strive for, etc" so its kinda interesting for that and some of the chinese philosophical/religious stuff that permeates the movie. The main hero is a complete retard and the chicks are pretty meh in the looks so no gorgeous eye candy to save the boring bits.

overall C+, not really worth a watch unless you love crappy fantasy movies. Reminded me a lot of God of War, asian style really.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, kind of what spronk said. I didn't have quite as negative a reaction as Jait, but it wasn't good, nor was it something I'd suggest anyone else waste their time on. And yeah, the CGI made me literally "WTF?" out loud a couple of times, it was so bad.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I'll give you this, the background visuals were awesome. But c'mon. C+? His beard came unglued a few times... Those old Sinbad movies with the skeletons had better CGI. And the story is an old one, it's not original.

Greyform

Bronze Knight of the Realm
17% on rotten tomatoes so think Jait may have called it. Trailer looked damn good, but so did the trailer for 7th son and that movie sucked. when it hits netflix and the snow is 3' deep I might check it out though.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Seventh Son was much better than this. If I had to give a letter grade to compare to spronk, this is probably a solid D, whereas I'd guess Jait would call it an F. I wouldn't argue hard against his F though.

zzeris

King Turd of Shit Hill
<Gold Donor>
So this isn't even so bad it's fun to watch? Just a waste of time...well, thanks for saving mine guys.