Snow White (2024)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Next they should remake Mulan with an African actress and call her "Disney's first African princess" while changing nothing about the story.

If you're gonna do a "first" of something maybe have that princess actually have something to do with the culture that you're purporting to represent, rather than just a pallette-swap. Is this like the lazy version of wokeness?
sometimes i feel like culture is dead and we are just living off the fumes of the 80s and 90s.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
sometimes i feel like culture is dead and we are just living off the fumes of the 80s and 90s.

It does seem that way. People have been griping about all the remakes for like 15 years now but it really does feel like we're running on fumes of things people remember liking rather than people actually liking the new versions / takes.

Just recently re-watched Rocky 1 through 4 and they really are some of the greatest movies of all time, bar none. I think the Creed movies have been a noble attempt to recapture the magic of Rocky and I'm not taking anything away from those (particularly the first one and how much heart it's got). Watching Rocky again, though, and getting that dose of 70's and 80's culture, really impressed upon me just how much culture we've lost.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Not like things where much more original then. Terminator and Alien where just your basic slasher movies in a sci fi setting.

But the people creating things wherent zombies beholden to a mutant form of communism. Even though those movies come off as archaic or goofy looking, the fact practically none of them are tainted by progressive idiocy makes them significantly more palatable.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Not like things where much more original then. Terminator and Alien where just your basic slasher movies in a sci fi setting.

But the people creating things wherent zombies beholden to a mutant form of communism. Even though those movies come off as archaic or goofy looking, the fact practically none of them are tainted by progressive idiocy makes them significantly more palatable.
slasher flicks was mainly a late 70s and 80s thing. pre 75? Westworld? at least the 80s and 90s gave us new and creative forms of entertainment.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
RLM had a good point in one of their last videos. If you pull back a little further you see that the 1970s were in part a product of the era of the bloated super epic coming to an end. Something like Indiana Jones (or The Marvels) may well be our Cleopatra.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
40+ year old people lament the end of culture, never before seen in history.

Last edited:
  • 10Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Vuuxo

Karen
<Gold Donor>
slasher flicks was mainly a late 70s and 80s thing. pre 75? Westworld? at least the 80s and 90s gave us new and creative forms of entertainment.
Horror movies are pretty much the only genre that's still doing well today and though not immune to the woke bullshit it doesn't seem to be as bad. However, the remake shit in horror is bad. They're now doing a "requel" to Nightmare on Elm Street. That may or may not have Englund back. Rumor is he's either reprising his role as Freddy or a CGI Freddy voiced by Englund.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Horror movies are pretty much the only genre that's still doing well today and though not immune to the woke bullshit it doesn't seem to be as bad. However, the remake shit in horror is bad. They're now doing a "requel" to Nightmare on Elm Street. That may or may not have Englund back. Rumor is he's either reprising his role as Freddy or a CGI Freddy voiced by Englund.
yep, before slasher flicks. most horror films were the typical, dracula (vampire) , werewolf, ghosts, mummy and Frankenstein variant type monsters or something Satan related. those films were based on very old myths and legends. i mentioned Westworld, that was considered Scifi. it wasnt until things like Halloween and Friday The 13th the faceless murderer became a thing. they had Psycho or Dementia 13 and such in the 60s, but it wasnt really a trend. the slasher flicks were usually just an unstoppable force of a killer preying on young people doing things they shouldnt be doing, like having sex! its still going because kids are still kids and chicks love them some horror movies to be scared and jump in their boyfriends arms which the boyfriend is more than happy about. its a money printing machine.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just recently re-watched Rocky 1 through 4 and they really are some of the greatest movies of all time,

Watching Rocky again, though, and getting that dose of 70's and 80's culture, really impressed upon me just how much culture we've lost.

If you like 80s movies then how about a buddy road trip movie with you and Chukzombi Chukzombi . It takes place as you tour America together, two kindred spirits with bizarre takes about movies

Oh wait, forgive me. Dumb and Dumber came out in the 90s

Rocky 1 is a good movie, I'll give you that. But the rest just repeat the same formula. A formula then replicated in movies like the Karate Kid which was also directed by John G Avildsen.

Last edited:
  • 3Picard
Reactions: 2 users

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If you like 80s movies then how about a buddy road trip movie with you and Chukzombi Chukzombi . It takes place as you tour America together, two kindred spirits with bizarre takes about movies

Even they were echoes of the buddy movies like Abbott and Costello, Bing Crosby and Bob Hope, and Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I take back every good thing I ever said about this cunt in the Shazam 2 thread.

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider

Rocky 1 is a good movie, I'll give you that. But the rest just repeat the same formula. A formula then replicated in movies like the Karate Kid which was also directed by John G Avildsen.

You're making a run for Chuk's shit takes title

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
How so? Plucky underdog triumphs against odds after training montage is the formula of both Rocky and KK

Even breaking it down to something as vague as"underdog trains and wins" and calling that a "formula", he doesn't triumph in Rocky, isn't the underdog in Rocky 3, and Rocky 4 is far more about revenge and national pride

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
isn't the underdog in Rocky 3

You're making a run for Chuk's shit takes title. And rather than leave it there so you can come back at me with denials then for once I'll save everyone the misery of an autism fest and explain:

Clubber Lang accusing Rocky of taking easy opponents and ducking him

Micky says Lang is a "wrecking machine", Rocky has no hunger, his opponents were hand-picked and Lang will knock him into tomorrow

But sure sure, keep arguing Rocky was the favourite. The only possible reason you could argue he wasn't the underdog is because by now the FORMULA had been established, LMAO

Oh and here's the training montage before the first bout with Clubber

and Rocky 4 is far more about revenge and national pride

Yeah exactly, take the existing formula and multiply it by America Fuck Yeah and Boo Commies, lol

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Of course its a three act formula, one which is seen in most every Hollywood movie you guys are talking about here, and is successful. Saying a movie is bad because it follows a formula is a retarded take, and so is thinking these movies don't follow the same formula.