Snowpiercer

Fedor

<Banned>
3.00 star(s) Rating: 3.00/5 3 Votes
Title: Snowpiercer

Tagline: AD 2031, the passengers in the train are the only survivors on Earth.

Genre: Action, Science Fiction, Drama

Director: Bong Joon-ho

Cast: Chris Evans, Song Kang-ho, Ed Harris, John Hurt, Tilda Swinton, Jamie Bell, Octavia Spencer, Ewen Bremner, Go Ah-sung, Alison Pill, Luke Pasqualino, Vlad Ivanov, Adnan Haskovic, Emma Levie, Steve Park, Clark Middleton, Marcanthonee Reis, Paul Lazar, Tómas Lemarquis, Kenny Doughty, Robert Russell, Magda Weigertová, Jim High, Peter Hallin, Haruna Honcoopova, Ana Braun, Griffin Seymour, Tyler Williams, Luna Sophia Bar-Cohen, Sean Connor Renwick, Karel Veselý, Park Sungtaek, Brian Foley, Kendrick Ong, Seisuke Tsukahara, Tomáš Dianiška, Miroslav Navrátil, Huh Chan, Lucie Burianová, Dana Green, Jonny Loquasto, Parry Shen, Joseph Bertot, Eunkyung Song, Dana Green

Release: 2013-08-01

Runtime: 126

Plot: In a future where a failed global-warming experiment kills off most life on the planet, a class system evolves aboard the Snowpiercer, a train that travels around the globe via a perpetual-motion engine.

Fedor

<Banned>
Bong Joon-ho's American directorial debut.

The film is set in a future where, after a failed experiment to stop global warming, an Ice Age kills off all life on the planet except for the inhabitants of the Snow Piercer, a train that travels around the globe and is powered by a sacred perpetual-motion engine. A class system evolves on the train but a revolution brews.
IMDb - Snowpiercer

IMDb - Bong Joon-ho

View attachment 35585

View attachment 35586

View attachment 35587

Bong Joon-ho's other movies:

Rotten Tomatoes - Barking Dogs Never Bite

Rotten Tomatoes - Memories of Murder

Rotten Tomatoes - The Host

Rotten Tomatoes - Mother

Szlia

The internet being what it is, I tracked down and read the french comic book this movie is based on. It's is a one shot from the mid '80s (Le Transperceneige) and a sequel in two volumes made at the turn of the century, but I suspect they will mix the two stories into one. Both are pretty dark and ironic tales in a very original setting. The first story is not very satisfying as it is basically a long exposition where the main characters are more carried around than being active. The second story adds more depth with layers of secrecy, manipulation through media and religion, power struggles, etc. In both cases, it takes a lot of effort to suspend disbelief though. Maybe the movie can fix that, possibly by explaining some things better and more thoroughly or, the better solution in my book, explain less to limit the feet shooting opportunities.

I wonder how Bong found himself making that movie... Korean director in Hollywood making the adaptation of an old school bande dessin?e... odd.

Fedor

<Banned>
Snowpiercer.jpg

Snowpiercer-concept-art-1.jpg

Snowpiercer-concept-art-2.jpg

Snowpiercer-concept-art-3.jpg

Snowpiercer-concept-art-4.jpg

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If someone finds a version of that trailer where the audio isn't unintelligible and painful please post it. Looks possibly cool. But not cool enough for me to bother looking it up myself, these nachos aren't gonna eat themselves...

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
As for us stupid American hicks, I guess we'll be stuck waiting for the DVD/Blu-ray of the director's cut to see Bong's dark original vision.
no, we'll be giving them the finger and downloading it.

skribble

Golden Knight of the Realm
Really enjoyed this, knew nothing about it till it popped up on my site and needed something to watch and was pleasantly surprised.

Requires some suspension of disbelief (angry nerds are already up in arms about the perpetual motion engine and the train tracks), but if you can get over this then I'd really recommend it. Tilda swinton is great.

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database