Snowpiercer

Raes

Vyemm Raider
What? Are you talking about the book? The car with the coffin cells was definitely forward of the poor section in the movie.

Goatface

you are correct. i had read a site that had it listed it differently than what was in the movie and was for some reason sticking with that.

according to a now dead promo website, the train in the movie was only 60 cars longs
with the last 20 making up the tail section, broke it down into 9 sections

Prison 1 - Prison 2 - Quarantine - Plaza - Public - Residential - Slum - Dark Place - Gilliam's tent

so the statement is probably true as the kids wouldn't go all the way in the back

Dulldain_sl

shitlord
So, Chris Evans is the first human being to walk the entire length of the train. Ok, cool I guess.
Well, aside from all the kids coming from the end of the train and used as engine spare parts.

In the grand scheme of things, I realize that's quite a minor point. I can suspend disbelief and let a lot of stuff fly by for the sake of the overall story, but contradicting a previous statement within 5min just makes me wince.
Chris Evans was the first human to walk the entire train by his own free will, which is a central theme. Of course that was followed up by the revelation that the revolution was social engineering and he was a bit of a patsy, so maybe it wasn't free will and he was just a slave like the kids....Or you could look at it like Chris Evans was the first human to socially move from the lowest caste all the way to the highest caste...I think I like that one better.

faille

Molten Core Raider
This movie felt a lot like the book Wool, though it's pretty typical of dystopian futures in general.
Hopefully someone buys the rights to Wool and turn it into a mini series or tv show.

Goatface

Ridley Scott owns the movie rights to Wool, but seems the author thinks it won't ever get made

TJ Lazer_sl

shitlord
This movie is the fucking tits. Axeman car had me pissin. If you watch this movie and all you can think about is Assburger nerd shit like train tracks and engines, just kill yourself because the rest of us are actually watching the movie.

Had a great time thanks.
smile.png

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Just finished. Loved the setting, the concept, the idea, technology, etc... Am glad to have seen it, but it just didn't work for me. I couldn't suspend social disbelief long enough to believe that they would keep a group of non contributing, resource sucking, group of potential terrorists alive until they conveniently needed a baby making parts factory. If they had a 'farm' car or 'factory' car that required the proletariat to labor it would have made some sense. Maybe I missed something that justified their existence for so long.

Then the whole Ed Harris cum Architect delicate balance Matrix speech. Everything felt forced (?); the class system and struggle whatever metaphor just didn't work for me.

Maybe the comic better addresses my complaints and would love to find it, get the wife to translate I guess, because I really was prepared to be crazy happy with the movie.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This movie was way better than any movie named Snowpiercer has any right to be. Really dumb premise, lots holes, but I was interested in the story and it had a number of scenes that I thought were just great.

Didn't like Ed Harris.

TJ Lazer_sl

shitlord
Hard to enjoy the movie when you're shouting at the screen TJ.
Christ Dude are you still so mad that I called you out on supporting that child molesting, teenager murdering Zimmerman loser? Get over it! lol!

Although.. if you didn't get over it we would all be deprived of your clever zingers... Black people yelling at the screen... lol! gold! So clever! I swear you must have Dave Chappelle like.. in your room feeding you this stuff cause NO ONE could be that funny and clever.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Five exclamation points in that tiny post? Movie's over, quit yelling.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Christ Dude are you still so mad that I called you out on supporting that child molesting, teenager murdering Zimmerman loser? Get over it! lol!

Although.. if you didn't get over it we would all be deprived of your clever zingers... Black people yelling at the screen... lol! gold! So clever! I swear you must have Dave Chappelle like.. in your room feeding you this stuff cause NO ONE could be that funny and clever.
!!!!LOL!!!!

Izo

Tranny Chaser

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Me during the first action scene: "Ugh, I hate shaky-cam... why is the camera shaking..."
My wife: "Because it's on a train!"