So, I'm dying...

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ms. Gravy (I guess that's what you're going by over here). I'm really sorry for your loss. Prior to this thread even existing, I never had a lot of dealings with Gravy. He was just a poster. That said, I did enjoy reading his posts in this thread. It put a dying mans thought process into my mind, and for that I will always appreciate him.

For the record though: Gravy's a black guy, isn't he?

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I am Mrs. Gravy - real first name is Tracy. I am hesitant to reply, but feel compelled to do so. Thank you to the moderators who are allowing this since I am Gravy by Proxy...

I sit here sobbing, and laughing and yelling. My dog thinks I am crazy, but he's accustomed to that.

My phone rings and I just can't make myself answer it. I can key and text but talking is next to impossible.

I read your sweet words of condolence and remarks about my darling and it makes me so happy to know that other people appreciated him.

I also want to add a bit of morbid humor hoping, feeling, that you guys (Brian/Gravy told me there are no women on the internet.......sorry there is one now) would find it a little funny and not judge me too harshly for it. To address the question of whether or not he is "a black guy"...he may very well be one now as his body is being cremated.

In all seriousness and sincerity, though. Thank you, thank you for caring about another person in this world. He was a damn fine man and I don't know what I am going to do without him.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Quaid

Trump's Staff
Tracy, thank you so much for informing us. Your husband was a happy man to the end, and I'm sure you played no small role in that.

Live brightly in spite of the darkness.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
damn, rip Gravy
frown.png

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm sorry for your loss, Tracy. Gravy was one of my favorite posters on this forum. We'll miss him.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Sorry for your loss Tracy.

To put it into perspective for you, the entire forum thought Gravy was a black guy for like 3 years. We only found out a couple months ago he was white.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Thank you for posting, Tracy

It took a lot of courage to speak to anonymous people on an internet forum about the passing of Brian and I applaud you for that.

I know it may sound hollow but stay strong. In a place like the internet where everyone can hide behind a computer and act like an idiot, he was funny and kind natured. That just underlines what a good guy he was.

Celebrate the fact that on a planet of nearly 7 billion people; you two met and fell in love with each other. Even though he it is not here anymore, remember that it is always better to have loved than not to have loved at all.

Again, you have my deepest condolences.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Gravy is one of three people from this community I've actually met in real life. Huge bummer. He was my favorite of the three by far. Just a cool fucking dude. The Marijuana King of Missouri or whatever he was referred to back in the day.

You will be missed. Go Chiefs.

opiate82

Bronze Squire
Mrs. Gravy- Tracy, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know you probably have a million things on your mind right now, most of which you probably don't even want to be thinking about. But I know a lot of people here really really appreciate that you took the time to come update a bunch of random dudes on the internet on his passing. It might seem kind of silly to a lot of people but we truly do have a little community here that will miss Gravy immensely. He was one of the good guys around here.

I shall become an honorary Chiefs fan the rest of the post-season in his honor.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I know (about many of you assuming his cultural heritage) - we laughed often about it. I still laugh thinking about it; I don't know what he posted to lead one's thinking in that direction but I would bet a few of you questioned your deductive reasoning abilities upon discovery of the truth. No fears - he didn't tell me everything that went on here but he did share with me some of the more hilarious or thought-provoking posts as well as a few of the recipes or food pics shared. I definitely benefited from the food threads.
Thanks for this therapy session.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Leadaas

Dindu Nuffin
Fucking hell its always the good ones that are taken away too soon. RIP Gravy.

I think it's awesome that Tracy is willing, even now, to continue this false narrative that Gravy is white.