So, I'm dying...

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
That is the fun thing about many of the wineries that are within 2 hours of my home; most of them produce wines across the spectrum. If you want really sweet wine - see if your local makes "ice" wine.

G did not drink often, but he would always be game to take me to wineries. Naked fire dancing may have been the reason, but I like to think it was because of his generous spirit. Did I mention that I miss him?

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Ice wine and "young" wine for the sweet tooth of youth.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
He has been with me throughout this day. I always awakened early on Saturdays...he would ask me to come back to bed. Sometimes I would, sometimes I wouldn't...If your beloved asks you to return to bed...do it. Don't miss a moment with them if you have the opportunity.

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
WARNING RAMBLING AHEAD*
So - thought I was pretty well through this; the grief stuff, you know?! Turns out it still was here; laying in wait for a vulnerable moment. End of year reflections are Kryptonite (am I not spelling that correctly? can't be arsed to look it up - it is underlined in red but I am lazy tonight.)
I still have his texts on my phone...the lasts months, especially the last 12 days...routine texting between us- grocery store conversation, my eta home from work, how he managed with the nurse aide or hospice nurse, that he wanted donuts and Krunchers because fuck it he was a dead man anyway...and then he sends me a thank you text and that he "loves him some Monkey - his pet name for me - long story - and then I ask if he has peed because fluid overload is our key concern; then randomly I get a "Because Apple" text. This made me smile. He talked to text and his articulation was crap so when he said "be careful" the app interpreted it as "because apple" so from the first time it happened - to the last time he wanted me to be careful - he said because apple....Jan 6 he texts to tell me that the county is mowing - yep, that's odd , it is fucking January in Missouri - really no need to be mowing, but OK, Jan 8 he has a hard time breathing but he loves his hospice nurses and he is orange smelling from the massage therapist - she's a young cutie with nice boobs and ass so that helps too, Jan 9 and 10 are spent together but time apart in texts; he just wants me home...Jan 11 I go to work but he calls me home and for good reason - we know it is nearing the end...I get to spend every waking and sleeping moment with him the last two days; the texts I send are to our closest loved ones, I make sure he is well enough to call his dad one more time...Jan 12, we know it is soon so we order pizza having my sis get it so we can have a final date night with her and our b-i-l; he doesn't get to enjoy it; they arrive, he has crumpled to the floor, leaving me here with all of you.

• 17Solidarity
  • 5Like
Reactions: 21 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
I read this thread before bumping G's Funk thread. It is why I bumped it.

I did not interact much with Gravy, this is what I found a couple months ago.
That was spectacular. And the other guy (apologies if he's famous) is unbelievable, too. I didn't hear a single rolled string and the fingerwork was amazing.

That's Al Di Meola, the one with the glasses. I discovered De Lucia in the late 90s via the album "Friday Night in San Francisco" with Di Meola and John McLaughlin. Check it out sometime. Great improvisational record.
I didn't post in here because I was not very active at the time. Some of us, most of us, all of us empathize with loss. You are always welcome here, Mrs. G. I am sure I speak for everyone that has kept this board running for as many years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
The grief will never go away, and you don't want it to I think.

You just don't want it to weigh you like a stone. You've already chosen to not follow him into death (And I've SEEN people do it) and that was the right choice.

Pain is part of being alive. Offer it to him, and rejoice.

We're all happy that he left you the address for our little trollhole here, and we're all happy that you've decided to come shitpost with us.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Loss and grief don't go away with time, they just become part of the background. They are the long term cost to having close ties to others. The other side of that coin is that you also have the years of good times together as well. Those memories should more than outweigh the pain, so use them liberally when the sadness truck runs you over.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

edko

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still miss Gravy and I'm still going to beat you in FF because that is what he would want. Plus, I'm an asshole.

<3

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
I still miss Gravy and I'm still going to beat you in FF because that is what he would want. Plus, I'm an asshole.

<3
No, I think he would want me to win....but you probably have the asshole part right.
♡♡♡

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Mrs. Gravy

Quite Saucy
<QUITE SAUCY>
You are the most lovable bunch of miscreants I have ever had the pleasure of experiencing.

Seriously, thanks! Yes, I have said it before and I will say it again - I am beyond grateful that you have allowed me in and welcomed me. I get to giggle every day because of something one of you writes; my mind stays sharp because of something one of you posits, and I now also know who to survey in re beer and coffee. So, thank you.

• 4Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users