Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Real Madrid doing it again. In the last 20 minutes I can recall maybe one Barcelona attack - all RM. What the fuck is going on? Not like this game matters that much, but for morale etc - its going to propel Real Madrid. Modric was excellent today I thought.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Can LFC win out? At this point we're looking pretty unstoppable in going forward. I would assume Sturridge will be back for the Spurs game next week. Suarez is just on fire right now.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I hope every single person involved in getting the World Cup to Qatar in '22 is infected with the fleas from a thousand camels.

Fifa have admitted today they will move it to Winter on medical grounds if they are given justification to do so. That was their fucking plan all along the lying bunch of bribery infested cunts. Basically.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Bale! Bale!

2-0! Hope they can hold on this time since I still remember what happened last time we were that scoreline up..

Get Adebayor off for Defoe. I can see him being sent off again.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Controlling the midfield means fuckall when you don't finish and your defense crumbles any time danger presents itself. Thought Spurs held their shape really well, and was impressed with their organization. Can't say the same for the Arse.

At this point, our only shot is hoping Rafa/Terry get into a fist fight and Chelshit goes into full self destruct mode.

FUUUUUUUUUCK.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You're forgetting about LFC who's going to end up with more points than Arsenal at this point
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The red card definitely changed the game, whether RM would have lost or not we'll never know. As an LFC fan though I have no issue with ManU getting fucked over
wink.png

Szlia

It will be pretty interesting to hear from other refs, but I suspect it was the right call. Even if there is no intend to harm, it's dangerous play and, basically, if the ref wants to call another high profile match in the near future, he has to go for red. It's absurd, as it majorly disrupts a game that was played with a good spirit, but in this day and age, the refs are not asked to act with psychology, they are asked to apply strictly a set of rules where the players' safety is paramount.

That said, as a neutral observer, the red card made the match 10 times more exciting!

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I dunno, when even Roy Keane says the ref made the right call claiming bias is a bit out there. He goes in with studs up so it doesn't matter if he sees the other player or not, the risk of being sent off is there whenever you do that.

Much more importantly could Mourinho be more blatantly ensuring he keeps the ManUtd fans happy for when he replaces RedFace. "The best team lost today." He will need a visit to the dentist he'd have been gritting his teeth so hard to say that!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Already seen the ITV ref commentator and the SI ref editor say they can see why he would have called the red though they may not have given it themselves. I think it looks worse at full speed because it looks as if Nani extends his leg through Arbaloa which doesn't make any sense if he's just trying to bring the ball down. Either way it's done, surprise Mourinho just said the best team lost but whatever.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
It's easy to be humble when you just progressed to the quarter finals though.

When it was 11vs11, Man Utd's tactics were spot on. They contained Real and Ronaldo really well.