Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If you want to claim this was a historically great ManU team then I don't know what to say. One trophy for the whole year is enough I guess.

As far as Gotze, I didn't know he was Bavarian so this makes more sense. As the article notes die mannschaft has been using him in a Messi role so I'm sure Pep is pretty happy. Gooner fans are probably pissed as that name has been waived around for ,months now about how Arsene would finally spend.

PKS

N00b
First 11 or 25? Because the 25 men are by far better than the likes of the 95/99/00-06, some debate with the 06 (weighing 1 Ronaldo vs multiple 'good' players) team. And the squad is what wins you the PL these days. The first 11, I agree obviously, isn't as good as past teams of United man for man - but this squad is simply ruthless.
Still, would love a stronger first 11. Carrick is undoubtedly, even by your blinkered standards, one of the best midfielders this season. So if he had another class man alongside him, combined with something 'special' on the wings again (I dare you, Zaha!), knockout trophies should really start to flow. But I doubt anything will change, SAF is a bit stubborn on these matters - still fields Giggs in CM on the odd occasion, always back firing. Anderson is all but gone, Nani collapsed again last month and Valencia didn't appear anywhere as good as he previously was.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I have a horrible feeling that Bale will be on his way to Man Utd in the summer if we don't qualify for the CL. We will see.

Bayern vs Barca in about 40 mins time should be epic

Jait

Molten Core Raider
ManU got hosed in Champions, and they let their emotions carry over into the next several games. Cost them FA too. I believe it was just after the Champions loss that they went to International, so they really didn't get a chance to get over the loss and come together. Their record speaks for itself, they're just missing a couple trophies.

Can't wait to see what happens next year. But if I were a betting man I imagine in 13 months I'll be talking about the Devil's treble.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
He has a nasty habit (for the rest of us at least
tongue.png
) of doing just that, just when we think he has lost the plot a little he reels out a triple championship run.

Unless Jose ends up at ManCity and he gets silly money I can't see them challenging and even if he does go to Chelski again the team will take more than one season to rebuild. Wenger gonna Wenger, I'm no Piers Morgan (I wish that cunt a fiery death in fact) but it has to be faced up to eventually but someone(s) on the business side at Arsenal just doesn't have their heart in throwing money at the problem, it's run just too much as a business and Kroenke/whoever just don't want to cough up. Maybe Unasimov (sp?) but the rest of the directors seem to think he's something the cat dragged in so won't deal with him. Spurs are content it seems to be the nearly men and like Neki said, Bale is probably on his way. No-one else is close to challenging this lot yet, so...

tl;dr - Man Utd for the title next season almost by default, RedFaces partial rebuild is to do better in Europe.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Not often you see Barca getting dominated by another team using their tactics

Bayern playing extremely well and takes a deserved lead

1-0

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Allianz is a tough out (maybe the toughest at the moment - except to the Arse!). Bayern are all over Barca right now. Don't like Barca's chances at advancing without a goal tonight.... Bayern will score in Spain.

EDIT*** Playing alongside Robben would be the most frustrating experience in world sports. What a fucking douche.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
I've seriously never seen Barca get dominated so much by another team in recent years

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Didn't Alaba miss the CL final last year for the exact same situation vs Madrid? I can never tell if I don't actually understand the rules or the refs really do just have a shitload of leeway in enforcing them.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Game. Over.

Fuck it, I will even say tie over. GG Bayern, hope you win the cup this year