Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

PKS

N00b
What are you on about with regards to Fergie? I didn't see the footage there. If Evans wasn't under pressure from the attacker, you are right. Replays suggest he was though. Plenty of decisions in that game were pretty strange, honestly, the refs didn't have a good game. Just made it more exciting anyway, having United go behind 3 times yet still win, well I hope everyone enjoyed that one.
As for my 2 favourites to talk about, Carrick was pure class, yet again, today. Should start to argue more about how he's one of the top midfielders in the EPL. Scholes, terrible game, not for the first time this season unfortunately.
How many goals can Ronnie knock past United at this rate? Not as many as Rvp/Rooney/Chica can score!
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Whether you agree or disagree with the call doesn't mean a coach should get to spend the rest of the game following the linesman around and giving him an earful for the whole game.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Thanks for beating Leeds and especially that twat Warnock today Forest Manager Mr O'Driscoll. Oh, by the way, you're fired!

The Mark Hughes rumours have already started, fuck noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Fuck, some people are just too lucky, why can't they just offer me a managing job? I'm damn sure I'd do a better job than Hughes.

I feel sorry for O'Driscoll, especially if he gets replaced by that piece of crap manager.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Berg sacked by Blackburn this morning, he was the replacement for Keane who they sacked in October. Third time lucky?

O'Driscoll was very unfortunate, he had left the club when the new owners arrived but they brought him back after saying they would get a Premier Class manager and then apparently failing to land their first target. It was obvious then he was a temporary appointment. The owners claimed on twatter last night that they spoke to "a Premier League manager tonight and will be meeting him tomorrow" but it's pretty obvious they had whoever it is already lined up before arriving in England yesterday to watch the game.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Chris Wood going to join Lecister, turned down the offer from Millwall, gutted there goes are very slime chance we had off making the playoff's

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Whether you agree or disagree with the call doesn't mean a coach should get to spend the rest of the game following the linesman around and giving him an earful for the whole game.
I'm not entirely sure RedFace was in full control of himself by that point. Even Mike Phelan looks concerned the lights are on but there's no-one home.

rrr_img_5521.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I guess LFC hasn't won at Stoke in a bazillion years but that was a pretty poor performance. Gerrard made the PK and then after that I think he spent the whole game giving the ball away, if you're spending so much money on Sahin why not give him a chance and give Gerrard a break?

Edit: That RedFace pick is awesome, somehow the whole episode wasn't of note to the ref and wasn't in the match report.

PKS

N00b
Brando I asked you already, what are you on about? Loads of managers give the referees a piece of their mind week in week out. Referee didn't hear anything untoward, end of. If SAF abused him or questioned his authority, then I'm sure he'd be serving a 3 match ban like the FA have historically given him for some relatively smaller incidents. You can take that picture above and I can replace one with Pardew after the Valencia tackle, want to see what anger looks like?
After reading some r/soccer comments (I know, but you didn't want to help explain your stance), it seems the US streams English commentators spouted some nonsense about continual harassment. Fuck em, they don't have much of a clue. You didn't hear what SAF said nor did you see much about it, so either explain to me why this is so different to what we see week in week out and deserves a ban, or quit the typical ABU bias.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You have a manager with a long history of getting away with whatever he wants from not fulfilling his TV commitments to banning reporters for reporting factual news that other managers don't. There is no factual evidence in regards to the extra time ManU always seems to get or Webb being assigned to ref almost every other game but it always looks odd. Mourinho got a red card in the CL vs. Barca for just making a gesture to the ref yet it's perfectly fine for RedFace to rush out to the refs at the half or prance around on the sideline the 2nd half screaming at the linesman.

Pardew did get suspended for bumping a linesman but I'm sure if SAF did it he'd claim he opened his bottle of wine at the half instead of after the game and it was just an accident and the FA would just look away.

Edit: I'm not sure why you bring up the Valencia incident either, every Brit article I read said it should have been a red. He got nothing of the ball with studs up through Anita's ankle.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Alex McLeish is the new Forest boss!

I honestly have no idea what to think about this, all day I've been reading it's either Hughes or Roy Keane with maybe Di Matteo as an outside bet, I never saw AM mentioned once. Well, errr, umm. He got Brum promoted I guess? Inherited a team that O'Neill had greatly overachieved with at Villa and managed fuck all with it so *shrug* See how it goes. Will give him the benefit of the doubt for not being Hughes at least
biggrin.png

Edit: haha some of the comments in the BBC article are hilarious"Alex McLeish the most unpopular man in the city since Sir Guy of Gisbourne."

PKS

N00b
You have a manager with a long history of getting away with whatever he wants from not fulfilling his TV commitments to banning reporters for reporting factual news that other managers don't. There is no factual evidence in regards to the extra time ManU always seems to get or Webb being assigned to ref almost every other game but it always looks odd. Mourinho got a red card in the CL vs. Barca for just making a gesture to the ref yet it's perfectly fine for RedFace to rush out to the refs at the half or prance around on the sideline the 2nd half screaming at the linesman.

Pardew did get suspended for bumping a linesman but I'm sure if SAF did it he'd claim he opened his bottle of wine at the half instead of after the game and it was just an accident and the FA would just look away.

Edit: I'm not sure why you bring up the Valencia incident either, every Brit article I read said it should have been a red. He got nothing of the ball with studs up through Anita's ankle.
Nearly every single point is complete nonsense on its own, only used by idiots trying to piece together a conspiracy. You forgot about all the penalties, the record against managers that are his past players, the (past) easy draws in the CL, the decisions that continually go Uniteds way in a match, Webb is a total red, SAF is allowed to murder referees at night and get away with it... it goes on. Funny thing is you probably believe in a few of those..

I brought up Valencia because I agree, he could easily have been carded and sent off; the images/footage I saw of the coaches from Newcastle were pure anger thrown at the referees. Just saying, every manager does exactly what you are accusing SAF of doing (okay not exactly, SAF does look like blowing a gasket at his age compared to his younger rivals) - and there is NOTHING wrong with it because there is no evidence of him swearing, abusing, calling into their professionalism, their honesty etc. Because if he did, all Dean has to do is note it down and then he'll serve a ban like he has done so in the past. Did Dean do it? No. So, all you have is a typical angry manager shouting his opinion, like so many managers do (including the Newcastle coaches in this very game). But if you are a conspiracy nutter like yourself, I can see why that is hard to understand, it's all Uniteds secret power. This was fun!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Hah, complete nonsense? So you're saying he didn't refuse to talk to the BBC for like 8 years because they did a documentary on his son that he didn't like nor try to ban a reporter over asking Giggs questions last year or actually did ban two newspapers for reporting correctly that Rio was injured?

As far as typical, not sure what games you watch but in most cases you'll see acts in the game where the coaches get up such as the Valencia incident but they don't run on the field at half nor spend the whole 2nd half following around a linesman.

PKS

N00b
It's nonsense to piece together random bits of anecdotal evidence (you fully well know that I know he refused to talk to the BBC for years and why), along side things that are complete false to form a conspiracy about SAF & MUFCs 'power'. It's idiotic to partake in discussion with such nonsense topics, one that routinely shows it's ugly head in discussions where rivals, sometimes bitter, talk, hence you talking this crap about SAF should be banned for harassment. Big joke. Ignore every other manager but SAF...

Your last 2 points - yes - coaches do indeed go up to a referee during the half time, often on the walk to the tunnel, or more oftentimes the 4th official. 2nd, SAF did not follow the linesman throughout the duration of the 2nd half - even SAF would find it a bit tricky when you have a painted white line that boxes you in!

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Do people now know that the broadcasters always look at the people most likely to cause the most news?

They had their camera on Ferguson almost the entire much, so much so, that they even missed attempts on goal.

Also, at the last world cup, they were filming people crying or whatever, just so they could use it when something dramatic happened.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The problem is even though he might not have sweared at any of the officials there is a big campaign in grass roots football in the UK about respect for Ref's at all levels, and this is so Blatent and from the biggest club/manager in English football. Regardless of what was said is is how it was percieved by everyone watching and that is why the FA should act. They won't though they have not got the balls to.

Also his comment after the Swansea game of the worst thing he has ever seen in English football was the defender kicking the ball at the back on RVP head. I guess he forgot about Keane breaking Alf-Inge Haaland leg and then saying have that you cunt while he was on the floor, or Mr Cantona jumping into the crowd at selhurst park.

I have respect for Fergie for what he has achived but as a person I think he is a twat