Soccer 2012-2013 3.0

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Flight, have you heard anything about supposed Arab investment in LFC?
Yes mate. Some Qatari company looking to buy a stake. Various things coming out of the club through different sources, but they are discussing anything from a minority stake to a full buy out.

Inside story from the local council authorities is that they have comprehensive plans in front of them for the stadium expansion and that the planning application should be granted around July/August.

I've been expecting FSG to sell some time this summer or next summer once they have consolidated the finances and make the accounts look more attractive. JWH is really into playing Fantasy Football Manager with the club, but the other shareholders in FSG aren't interested in the sport. I would expect top dollar will be gained once planning approval is granted. On the other side of the coin if a rich buyer came in a new stadium would make more sense than an expansion of Anfield (the expansion comprises a lot less corporate facilities and amenities etc than a new stadium).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I've been expecting FSG to sell some time this summer or next summer once they have consolidated the finances and make the accounts look more attractive..
That ties in with what Mike Jeffries (Guy that directed that Mr Hicks video) has been claiming for ages on Twitter - that FSG are looking to sell. I'd seen the articles about Qatar a few weeks ago, the latest yesterday was that some Saudi Prince was looking to invest

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Got a link for that please ?
It was something I saw retweeted earlier this week, the exact tweet was:

"shabul miah ?@Shabba_LFC 10 May
@lfc_family @dubainewswire HRH PRINCE AL WALEED OF SAUDI ARABIA.. Is on the Verge of Making a BID to INVEST IN LIVERPOOL FC.."

But that Shabba guys timeline is full of nonsense so I wouldn't get my hopes up!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Martinez will look great in Everton colors next season. Great accomplishment for them, and more fuel to the Pelligrini to City fires.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Nice day for Mancini, wakes up to find out he is being sacked in the summer and then loses to the cup final to Wigan.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
Mancini sacked.

Rumour is Rooney got into a fight with Jones last night and needed stitches. Dropped totally from the squad.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Rooney is a bit of a cunt

Won't be surprised at all if the rumour is true

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Coutinho is looking like a hell of a player, seems like a pretty big blunder on Inter's part.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Watching the title celebrations at Old Trafford. Whatever people might think about him but...

Sir Alex Ferguson

Incredible man. Hats off from a fan of a rival club.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Coutinho was plagued by injuries while at Inter, so it can just as well happen at Liverpool.
He wasn't plagued by injuries if you look at the amount of games he played as an 18 and 19 year old, by comparison you'd have to call Wilshire brittle at this point then.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Thanks for finally winning us the title Mancini. Oh, this season you were second? GTFO!

Grats to Worzel for making the Championship playoff final, hope Palace go up. Although Watford would be a decent second choice, Zola was always a class act.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I dont think there was any way it was ever going to work out with Rooney next year. I don't think anyone is going to pay more than 20m for the guy right now. Very curious to see what will happen.

The Wigan win was the best thing of the week though.