Soccer 2013-2014

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Don't think Spain needs to blow it up yet, but they do need some speed up front. It's pretty telling that Sergio Ramos and occasionally Pique were the only ones making runs for Spain. If Alba can't get forward then it was 2-3 Spaniards vs 5+ Brazilians all game. Xavi definitely needs to go though. He can't get forward with any pace anymore. No double pivot and Busquets got run over. I think Javi Martinez probably should be the new rock and partner Sergio/Alonso.

Super pumped for next year. Need to go hibernate. So far away.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
They need to change things up, Xavi no longer has much of an impact in the big games anymore, plus teams are starting to figure out how to beat Spain. So, imo they need to put azpilicueta on instead of Arbeloa (who I've NEVER rated for a top team), get rid of the midfield completely instead of Iniesta by putting Fabregas and Martinez in with him, then upfront have Navas, Negredo and Mata.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, this is like Spain's 5th loss in the last 7 years or something like that? I'm pretty sure these same comments were being made during the WC2010 group games and last years Euro's until they crushed Italy in the final. Xavi is definitely getting long in the tooth where he may end up being a sub and Arbeloa is pretty mediocre, that said I would put money now on Spain getting to the final in Brazil. They created enough chances yesterday for the game to be a lot closer, and I don't think Brazil would get a ref so lenient 2 games in a row.

felldoh

Yeah ESPN's match stats list 26 fouls by Brazil and 0 yellow cards. That's insane.

Dyvim

Most of the times that werent fouls, just a radom player breathing heavily next to a wimpy flopper.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, Dyvim is just retarded. Oscar, Paulinho and Luis Agusto all could have seen multiple yellows yesterday with Oscar being the worst in that in theory he could have been sent off in the first 20 minutes.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
ibjjxORMIE4Qjj.gif

He'll do fine in Barcelona.
What happened there? The ref is just yards away and surely saw how much bullshit Neymar was pulling there and booked him accordingly. Right? RIGHT? >.<

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
Most of Spain/Barca's core have been playing non-stop for club and country for like 5 years now, those dudes have to be mad tired or at least burnt out - they sure do look it lately.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
"Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo, he's much better than that cunt from Togo." Know nothing about the kid, but he already has a good song. Saw Spurs have landed Paulinho - top signing - he and Gustavo bossed the tournament from the middle of the pitch. If the prices I'm reading are accurate, he was affordable as well. Was reading this morning that Fred has a buyout of like $2m as well - not saying he's world class, but that is a ridiculous price (considering we're selling Bendtner for more than twice that).

Decado

Golden Knight of the Realm
"Wake me up, Yaya Sanogo, he's much better than that cunt from Togo." Know nothing about the kid, but he already has a good song. Saw Spurs have landed Paulinho - top signing - he and Gustavo bossed the tournament from the middle of the pitch. If the prices I'm reading are accurate, he was affordable as well. Was reading this morning that Fred has a buyout of like $2m as well - not saying he's world class, but that is a ridiculous price (considering we're selling Bendtner for more than twice that).
Arsenal really should punt out serious cash for 2 or 3 well proven top signings. Granted their self imposed financial constrictions over the last 10 years and the resulting performance is fantastic but I do really like Wenger and would rather he was challenging for 1st rather than 3/4.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Anelka is back!

Signed a 1 year deal at the mighty West Brom. He should grow a beard and pretend he is the second coming of Cyrille Regis tbh. Damn he was awesome!

Dashiva_sl

shitlord
Anelka is back!

Signed a 1 year deal at the mighty West Brom. He should grow a beard and pretend he is the second coming of Cyrille Regis tbh. Damn he was awesome!
Good deal for WBA, despite his age he is quality and is guranteed to score 10-15 goals this coming season.