Soccer 2013-2014

darkseid_sl

shitlord
ibjjxORMIE4Qjj.gif

He'll do fine in Barcelona.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Tevez to Juve, guessing that means Higuain is going to the Gunners.
Hope that is indeed the case, but if anyone can screw it up - its us. Diving aside, Neymar has been absolutely amazing in this Confed Cup the past few weeks. Spain/Brazil final this weekend would be really fun to watch.

Will be interesting to see what Reina ends up doing - think on his day he is a better GK than Mignolet, but that won't be the case for too much longer and I'm not sure he's down for that kind of competition. Tevez is a good fit at Juve, think he'll do well in Italy.

Biggest xfer saga still seems to be Cavani - only a few clubs can afford him, and none have made any really serious effort to sign him. Thiago to Manc still seems doable - Isco to RM is all I could ask for - would have hated him in the BPL.

Arsenal have done a fair job so far of unloading a lot of dead weight (though I won't be totally satisfied until Bendtner/Chamakh are totally off the books) - but haven't done anything of note yet. Signed Sanogo it would seem, but he's just another decent prospect. Anything less than 2-3 big money moves (for Arsenal that means >$18m) will be met with a ton of dissent. Make or break summer for Arsenal/Wenger, who could genuinely be managing PSG this time next year if things don't go well.

Not long now until summer tours/pre-season tournaments/friendlies get going again....

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think Higuain will do that well, he's more a poacher than anything else. When you watch him play for RM he just sits off the CB's shoulder and that's it, no link up or hold up play. I would have been more worried if it had been Benzema who's definitely more mobile and involved in the play, there was a reason he was the starter this whole last year.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Not going to debate it, as there are Arsenal fans who feel the same - but I completely disagree. Most goals in Spain the past 6 years save Ronaldo/Messi - the best players on the planet, and he's not even first choice. Playing with Ronaldo and still scoring is okay with me. He may come in and flop, but he's still young/hungry and he's never been the focal point of an attack. That might hinder him as much as help him though, time will tell. He's also been excellent for Argentina, playing with the GOAT. Moot until he signs anyways, but I'd have taken him over Rooney at the start of the summer (a stance a lot of Arsenal fans disagree with). if he comes in at the estimated price of $22m pounds, the price is right as well.

That said, if he's the only "big" player to come in - we still have problems. Arteta is solid, but we need a Fellaini/Bender etc. Hard to see Arsenal spending $40+ on 2 players alone.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Italy should be up by 2 goals at least.... will probably come back to bite them in the ass now. Torres just missed a great chance. Really hoping for a Spain/Brazil final.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LOL at Bonucci, wow. Even in defeat you gotta love Pirlo, balls of steal.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Fucking great - love PK's. Bonucci.... fuck man. That was really fun, final/3rd place games should both be really fun.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Not sure how I'll be able to cheer Barca with that prick Neymar playing. The ref is sure letting Brazil tackle without fear of a card. Good game though.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
One of the best 45 min team shifts I've seen in a while - Brazil tactically is tearing Spain apart.... That Luiz block was the play of the half, and Neymar continuing his fantastic form this tournament. What a player. Xavi/Iniesta are invisible. Atmosphere in that stadium looks awesome - kicking myself for waiting to book hotels/tickets for next summer.

felldoh

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Iniesta's not invisible. He's the only one not a walking turnover. The game reminds me of Barca @Milan this year. Other than the one chance for Pedro, Spain have no idea how to get behind the defense. They look old and slow and (apparently) no David Villa to bail them out with a goal. Brazil is looking legit as fuck though. Another year of growth and they could be a real force the next few tournaments.

edit - and a 3rd in 2 minutes. rofl.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Mourinho is doing an evil head shake with that softie let in by Casillas.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
First Bayern rapes Barca, now Brazil is absolutely destroying Spain. End of an era? Not sure - think Spain still have to be favorites next summer, but the fact that they literally have no plan b - no other way to play - will be tough for them next summer. Italy should have won earlier this week anyways, but simply weren't talented/clinical enough. Would love to see a Germany/Brazil. Brazils physical play has totally disrupted Spain, and nobody in a Spain kit will feel like they've played to their level tonight.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Well done Brazil. Neymar is player of the tournament for me.

Don't forget a few weeks ago that it was Brazil 2-2 England so therefore England > Spain.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Scolari deserves some credit as well for his plan tonight - great tournament and warmup for next summer. Can't wait.