Soccer 2013-2014

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Arsenal playing great attacking football at the moment... But I guess we didn't "need" ozil. Oops. First goal was ridiculous.

Manc struggling. Not feeling too sorry for them though!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Arsenal could use a german striker that scores even if the ball didnt cross the line.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Barcodes got an amazing strike from Cabaye and a bullshit foul leading to a goal while otherwise doing jack and shit yet we share the spoils. I don't agree with the meltdown on RAWK or LFC that it was a horrible performance, Suarez or Sturridge each could have had hat tricks and the game would have been pretty comfortable. On to the next one.

Kyougou

<Gold Donor>
arsenal-gets-touchy-on-goal-against-norwich-city.gif

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Depressing time for soccer down under. Despite having qualified for Brazil, just suffered back to back 6-0 losses. Admittedly against Brazil and France, but the performance was pretty pathetic and ended up with the coach getting the sack. Here's hoping we can find a good replacement that can setup us up to be competitive at the finals.
So how many coaches became redundant in the last 10 days? Fucking crazy.

Indirectly related: I have been to Melbourne three times over the last 15 years and it has rained almost every godamn day I've been there. I mean, fukn hell. It seems worse than Seattle or Vancouver.

Aaron Ramsey is just phenomenal, nothing short of amazing. To think he bounce back from that awful last season, not to mention a broken leg before, to become arguably one of the best only exist in movies.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Arsenals season really and truly begins tomorrow with BVB. We're favorites (and rightfully so), but Dortmund are an excellent side. I think we'll win, but wouldn't be too bummed with a draw. After that though, the fixture list really piles up and gets really tough. Haven't changed my pre-season prediction of a top 3 finish for The Arse, but where they land in that top 3 will be wholly dependent on this next months fixtures, as well as February/March (brutal 6 weeks). We'll see - hard to get too excited just yet - but the football they are playing at the moment is just brilliant.

Agreed on Ramsey as well. Pleased for him to have come through that - the competition for places in MF has really forced everyone to step up their game, and we're seeing the fruits of that every weekend.

Spurs verdict: Surely Benteke would have been a better purchase than Soldado? He scored yesterday yes, but he looks a bit lost to me. Townsend though, has been phenomenal this season. Really like his game.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Even as a BVB die hard i consider Arsenal being favorites tomorrow.
Dortmund has hell of a lot players on the injured list, and are basically fielding what they can muster (still no slacks though).
But ?zil playing against his home town will prolly turn him into beast mode.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Interested to read today that Gundogan may already have a deal in place at Madrid next summer? Think it would be a wasteful move for him with Isco/Illa/Modric/Khedira there already, but the allure of Real is just too high for most players. Shame, would have loved to have seen him continue on in Dortmund or come to England. Still rumors, but Madrid usually get who they want.

Klopp was brilliant in his presser this afternoon. Would love to see him manage in England some day (preferably when Wenger retires - he can bring Reus with him!).

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Pack up your bags Gentlemen

The Goal of the Season contest is over

:O

Fulham's Pajtim Kasami scores with an unbelievable strike against Crystal Palace
10408949565_025ac7e3b1_o.gif

10409121583_d8c6369130_o.gif

Hutchy

Lord Nagafen Raider
Super high fps gifs! They look better than when I was watching it live. Amazing goal, certainly gives Wilshere's a run for his money.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't get the Arse love, they've only played Spuds at home and could barely create a goal while also having no depth whatsoever. They score some goals against Norwich which look nice but also were gifted by Norwich's pretty pathetic defending. Ozil beating a CB to a header is just ridiculous, don't even think I've ever seen an Ozil header before.

Awesome goal by Kasami.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't get the Arse love, they've only played Spuds at home and could barely create a goal while also having no depth whatsoever. They score some goals against Norwich which look nice but also were gifted by Norwich's pretty pathetic defending. Ozil beating a CB to a header is just ridiculous, don't even think I've ever seen an Ozil header before.

Awesome goal by Kasami.
Sup Mac-Red.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Regardless of who I support you can't even say I'm wrong. If BVB didn't have the injuries they have then to say Arsenal should be favored tomorrow is just laughable. 1 season removed Bundesliga champion and CL finalist vs. a team that hasn't won shit in 8 years now. I know who I would favor....

faille

Molten Core Raider
Arsenal and Liverpool both have a bit of a false sense of their place on the table given who they've played so far. Think they have both had only top6 team each so far. While titles are won by beating those bottom 14, I think we'll have a better sense of the table after 15 games this season, rather than the usual 10. That might not even be enough for Liverpool as in the next 7 games, we only have Arsenal and Everton to play as challenging games (it goes without saying that we'll probably drop points against teams that we should be beating easily). At least Arsenal have Liverpool, Everton, Man U, as well as a pretty in form Southampton in the same period.