Soccer 2013-2014

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Utd fans at the moment

onoz-omg.gif

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Utd just needs to be patient. Club has gone through a seismic change and Moyes needs time to implement his own style.

Their rival clubs have all strengthened much more than them so it's no surprise that they are struggling at the moment. They might not win the league this season but you can bet that they will be back, sooner rather than later.

Glazers will certainly not let this monster money making institution go awry.

Remember, Ferguson still hasn't left yet. He just moved upstairs. He will certainly be using his influence to get Utd back on track and not let them go into the doldrums for too long.

Come next couple of transfer windows, they will splash the cash and they will be up there competing again.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
In other football today of cause was the big East Midlands derby

Fazana's Nottingham Forest beat their bitter rivals Derby County to go second in the Championship. It was also a result that cost Nigel Clough, Derby manager and son to the past great Forest manager Brian Clough, his job.

Expectations rising for our ol' Faz

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
All these results show really is how terrific SAF really was - he took this same (good not great) side and walked the league last season. I thought they'd play like this last season with so many holes, but was proved wrong. Arsenal needs to get some players back asap - running out of legs, but getting results. Not sure how the boys will finish the season, but I'm surprised/pleased with how they started. Ramsey is absolutely silly at the moment.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Pretty handy goal by Sturridge to help us get the win and back on track.
Still a lot more winnable games coming up that we'll need to capitalize on. Already dropped too many points against Southampton and Swansea.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
fucking blows fox soccer was dropped by my provider. i can't catch any gunners games on nbc now. nbc plays like a game a day
What league are you talking about? Fox Soccer doesn't even exist anymore. Wierd post.

As far as LFC, Suarez and Sturridge combo is going to win us a lot of points on their own. With that said I think Lucas's yellow card was a blessing in disguise to see if the Gerrard/Lucas combo is truly at fault with our pretty dreadful showings in the mid since Coutinho was injured. Even today they were backing up onto the CB's and inviting pressure every time, thankfully Sunderland is just horrible.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
In other football today of cause was the big East Midlands derby

Fazana's Nottingham Forest beat their bitter rivals Derby County to go second in the Championship. It was also a result that cost Nigel Clough, Derby manager and son to the past great Forest manager Brian Clough, his job.

Expectations rising for our ol' Faz
As much as I enjoyed Forest beating the sheepshaggers, especially after a poor run against them of late, I was disappointed to learn they had booted Young Nigel out afterwards. I'm sure he'll get another go somewhere, he did a decent job at Burton Albion and helped steady the ship at the Sheep after they were in freefall.

However I was much happier to read today BrollyWally is the favourite to replace him
biggrin.png

Was amused to note Hansen's newspaper column today equates the ManUtd situation with the Liverpool disintegration at the start of the 90s, not replacing aging players either quickly enough or with with enough quality.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Moyes claiming ManU has no world class players is just fucking hilarious. I really think Redface at heart is not a ManU fan but a Redface fan. Can't hire a coach that would do as well now can we????

PKS

N00b
I like that thinking. Although he'd have trouble finding a manager who would do as well as him, so, it wouldn't have mattered if he picked someone else! The problem with his managerial transition is that he fired all the existing coaching staff and brought in his own personnel. Which is his choice, his right, but it means he has to pretty much figure out everything for him self, missing valuable advice from Phelan/Maulenstene such as "Young isn't a first choice winger..." "Rio needs a rest between matches.." "Don't give Anderson a chance until we are 10 goals/points clear..". He's gotta learn all of these things the hard way.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
FA as crooked as ever. Torres clearly scratches Vertonghen in the face yet they are claiming the ref didn't fully see it. Didn't stop the FA banning Suarez now did it? Fucking joke of an organization, why doesn't the premier league run the whole thing?

This ref for barca/Celtic is hilariously bad. Sucks for both teams.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Mesut, you absolute gem. Terrific first goal, good set up for the second. Napoli, get raped. Giroud was excellent in hold up play as well. Napoli has their work cut out for them now, as BVB is much (MUCH) more talented - and they didn't even deserve to be on the pitch with Arsenal today. BVB/Arse matches decide the group, as predicted. Pretty excited for BM/City tomorrow - think City can take the points, but it will be difficult.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
One has to wonder when he is going to be dropped

His form has been crap for a long time now

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Stick a fork in City, they are done

No shame in losing against probably the best side in the World though

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Bayern were pretty rampant, but I thought Man City was showing them a bit too much respect. Almost like they thought they couldn't play with them. BM are an excellent side though, and look the pick of the litter in the CL again this season. Last 2 losses for Bayern? Arsenal, Dortmund.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't get saying a point at Shaktar is a victory for Moyes, could be just my ManU hate but Shaktar shouldn't make it out of the group considering they are having to bed in a whole new midfield and attack. Getting a draw there is nothing to write home about unless just the process of flying to Ukraine is asking a lot already.

What are you trying to say Springbok, that Arsenal have a chance against Bayern? A good run of games doesn't make a season. Some posts I've seen from Gooner fans already are just nuts.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
As a casual Arsenal fan I'm just hoping they keep this sort of form going up until the New Year and then chuck out some more money as they should be a lot more attractive to decent players than the doomed ship they seemed to be 2 months ago.

Of course if some clogger takes out Ozil, Ramsay or Flamini then all bets are off. Yes, I listed Flamini. From what I've read it's his return that has inspired Ramsay as Flamini is playing in his old spot and Ramsay has been freed up to do what it is he does.

Whilst the delusional posts Brando has mentioned are amusing you can't blame the fans for getting excited after a few years of let downs, especially as they have broken a club record or two with the current run. Twelve away wins in a row is it now? Away to West Brom next, I'm sure Pks will say how tough they are so a reverse could be on the cards
tongue.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I don't get saying a point at Shaktar is a victory for Moyes, could be just my ManU hate but Shaktar shouldn't make it out of the group considering they are having to bed in a whole new midfield and attack. Getting a draw there is nothing to write home about unless just the process of flying to Ukraine is asking a lot already.

What are you trying to say Springbok, that Arsenal have a chance against Bayern? A good run of games doesn't make a season. Some posts I've seen from Gooner fans already are just nuts.
Nah, simply saying they beat an "unbeatable" Bayern side in Germany last season - and clarifying how tough BM are to break down and beat. Arsenal played the game of their season last season to win (after going down big in the first leg), and BVB were excellent last season (and a bit lucky to beat BM, same with Arsenal). This Munich team for me, is every bit as good/dominant as the Barca teams a few seasons ago. They have no major weakness - something that can't be said for any other team in Europe.

That said, I think Arsenal would stand a better chance vs Bayern at the moment than Man City - a team that pisses down their pants every time they line up in the CL. Arsenals first half against Napoli was absolutely brilliant.