Soccer 2013-2014

Chris

Potato del Grande
I lived in Manchester for a few years when I worked for IBM. It's much worse than Liverpool.
Well I've worked on the edges of those areas so I know what you mean, however people like that don't tend to travel outside their immediate area.

What I'm trying to say is that in my experience Liverpool is a whole city full of cunts where in Manchester you have to go to their specific cunt suburbs (I spend my time in the student areas and city centre).

Flight

Molten Core Raider
What I'm trying to say is that in my experience Liverpool is a whole city full of cunts where in Manchester you have to go to their specific cunt suburbs (I spend my time in the student areas and city centre).
Just not true that. I've lived and worked all over Europe and the Middle East. Liverpool and Newcastle are the two friendliest places to go in my experience, generally speaking, anywhere in the world. As a non local you can speak to anyone, be friendly, get along with, get help from most people as though you were their own.

As far as football stadiums goes Old Trafford is by far the worst place to visit. Man U fans in a lot of places sit above Liverpool fans. It's not been unusual to have literally bags of piss and shit thrown down. The police are as anti and hostile to away fans - especially from Liverpool - as the most extreme of their followers. Getting locked in for an hour or two after a match and being refused access to toilets is just the start of it. Physical abuse is common once out of the ground and don't expect any help even if you are in danger. I haven't experienced this at any other ground in England.

Liverpool has suffered immeasurably from a smear campaign dating back to Hillsborough driven by the Government and the ruling elite. Young and middle aged people today just take it for granted that it's true. 'Thieving scousers', 'bin dippers', 'scroungers'. Every city has these things in some areas and to some degree. Liverpool has it, but no more than others. But the lies perpetuated by the media and the authorities has become true to those who don't know any better.

This isn't confined to history, it's still going on. Thistodayfor example :Hillsborough Wikipedia posts: Government launches inquiry after insults aimed at Liverpool fans traced to Government computers in Whitehall - Home News - UK - The Independent

"Blame Liverpool fans" was written on the main webpage about the tragedy, in which 96 people were crushed to death in a crowd during the FA Cup semi-final game between Liverpool and Nottingham Forest in 1989.

"Nothing for the victims of the Heysel stadium disaster" - the deaths of 39 people in a crush during a Liverpool-Juventus game in 1985 - was written into a passage about the Hillsborough memorial at Liverpool FC's stadium, while "This is Anfield" was changed to "This is a Shithole".

And the name of Liverpool FC's adopted anthem, "You'll Never Walk Alone", was changed to "You'll Never Walk Again" .
This all from Government officials in Sport, Finance and Legal Departments !!!

The Liverpool Echo newspaper reported that it had linked the comments, made between 2009 and 2012, to IP addresses of computers in Whitehall departments, including the Department for Culture, Media and Sport, the Treasury and the Office of the Solicitor General.

One of my closest friends is Anne Williams brother. I knew Anne and know all her family well - she lived and came from around the corner from me (I live in Formby, a small village which also includes a number of players including Gerrard et al). The amount of bullshit that has been spread about individuals and families from Liverpool generally and through Hillsborough - not least by those in authority- is sub human. Yet you'll get people who don't know any better criticizing them for still trying to get the truth about Hillsborough out.

1. I suspect over a reasonably short period of time the animosity between LFC and Man U fans will die down. Ferguson was the cause of most of it and is a horrible and vile man. Only have to look at an example like Gary Neville - by far the best football pundit in the UK who is now held in massive respect by LFC fans.

2. People from both Liverpool and Manchester would do well to consider whether it suits the elite to have Mancs and Scousers at each others throats instead of getting their heads together and doing something about the North/South divide.

There was a time not so long ago when Liverpool was a massive commercial and industrial force with one of the biggest ports in Europe -in turn Liverpool fed the industry and commerce of Manchester. As a child I used to watch some of the biggest ships in the world arrive down from the Irish Sea and marvel at the size of the surge they produced

It was a force which London had to take note of. Thatcher put and end to that. It's ports are growing significantly again though. We will see massive change in the north west in the next decade.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Just not true that. I've lived and worked all over Europe and the Middle East. Liverpool and Newcastle are the two friendliest places to go in my experience, generally speaking, anywhere in the world. As a non local you can speak to anyone, be friendly, get along with, get help from most people as though you were their own.
I moved from Liverpool to outside Portsmouth when I was 6 years old and my mum remarried. She hated it down South as she found everyone very cold and unfriendly. I remember being a kid and there were countless times when she would spark up a conversation with the person behind us at the supermarket checkout and an hour later they'd still be going! She always used to complain that people down South were completely different

There was a time not so long ago when Liverpool was a massive commercial and industrial force which London had to take note of. Thatcher put and end to that. It's ports are growing significantly again though. We will see massive change in the north west in the next decade.
It's staggering to think that members of the Thatcher government recommended leaving Liverpool to a "managed decline" after the Toxteth riots.

We left Liverpool in 1988, I remember overhearing conversations as a kid when my mum would say that moving South was going to be better for my sister and I, although I don't know exactly what her reasons were for saying that. There is definitely a North-South divide, not helped by councils like Liverpool getting the heaviest cuts to their budgets and councils like Richmond (one of wealthiest areas of Country) getting the least cuts:

"Hackney, Tower Hamlets, Newham, Manchester, Rochdale, Knowsley, Liverpool, St Helens, Doncaster and South Tyneside are among the 36 local authorities that take the maximum cut of 8.9%. Meanwhile Dorset gets a 0.25% increase in funding and Windsor and Maidenhead, Poole, West Sussex, Wokingham, Richmond upon Thames and Buckinghamshire all get cuts of 1% or below."Poorest councils will face biggest cuts | Society | The Guardian

To put things into perspective:

rrr_img_65476.jpg
This is Tower Hamlets

rrr_img_65477.jpg
This is Richmond upon Thames

Anyway, everytime I go back to Liverpool I'm surprised at how different it is compared to the last time I went. That is largely due to the amount of investment that has been made in the City in the last 25 years.

It's also true that apart from London, Liverpool and Manchester are probably the two most culturally important Cities in the UK.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I was literally just offered a job in Toxteth 5 minutes ago and I declined :/ I grew up in a town exactly inbetween Manchester and Liverpool so this is just my personal experience and obviously I'm probally under informed, I'd sorry for any offence caused by it's the internet so I kinda do mean to offend :p

Look I know that Hillsborough was a horrible event as was the cover up, but it's all that every public figure from the city ever talks about and now it's being brought up here too. If they pause for a break then it's about the Beatles or about how proud they are of their football team being shit. I sincerly hope that Liverpool do win the Premiership and Everton get Champions League so that they all shut the fuck up complaining. I know for a fact that there are worse people in Manchester but they don't fill the city or have the same media presence.

Those cuts numbers don't take into account how much those places were spending to start off with, I don't think that Richmond's welfare budget was anywere near as high as Tower Hamlets to start off with.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I don't think that Richmond's welfare budget was anywere near as high as Tower Hamlets to start off with.
Who said anything about welfare? Is welfare even something that is decided by local councils over the DHSS?

Councils spend money on local services - police, fire, refuse collection, libraries, social services etc.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Who said anything about welfare? Is welfare even something that is decided by local councils over the DHSS?

Councils spend money on local services - police, fire, refuse collection, libraries, social services etc.
Whatever similar thing Councils spend money on.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
If they pause for a break then it's about the Beatles
You are madly stereotyping. I've have literally never heard anyone mention the Beatles in Liverpool in living memory. Tourists might think the Beatles but for people who live here that's ancient history.

Look I know that Hillsborough was a horrible event as was the cover up, but it's all that every public figure from the city ever talks about and now it's being brought up here too
Where I live there is hardly a family that didn't lose someone or know someone who died. To put Hillsborough into perspective it's like the British Government saying Bloody Sunday was carried out by Irish Catholics who pissed on and stole from their own dead or something similar about the Twin Towers being down to some scummy brothers from the 'hood who did the same thing.

The thing is they managed to make that lie stick for over two decades.

Honestly, I don't think people begin to appreciate the depth and extent of political and police corruption on this issue. This is far worse, far greater reaching and far more ingrained that something like Watergate. No coincidence whatsoever that it's finally allowed to come to some semblance of the truth on Thatchers death bed.

No hard feelings towards you at all Chris, but you might just want to question your beliefs and how much they've been shaped by the lies of our own Government and Police.

Going to an Anne Williams charity do tomorrow night with her brother, as it happens. Auction going on during it with quite a few football related things up. The shirt will be worth a fortune if we win the league. Carra is donating also but he hasn't dropped his off yet :

rrr_img_65484.jpg
rrr_img_65485.jpg
rrr_img_65486.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Chris is obviously a fucking retard and WUM of the highest order. Hopefully he gets a good beating sometime soon.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Flight's attitude is kind of what I'm talking about, I bet there's people digging through their family trees to get a connection to these 96 the entire city are related to apparently.

...but Brando probs has it right
smile.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Wow, Tito Vilonova died today and he was only 45. Will be interesting to see if Pep holds up for the game on Tuesday.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
LFC fans doing as much as possible to disrupt the Chelsea players night.
Formby Hall not far from me; I use their gym. Phone calls may be real as it started trending but it started as a wind up :s hotel [Tweets]

Flight's attitude is kind of what I'm talking about, I bet there's people digging through their family trees to get a connection to these 96 the entire city are related to apparently.
Now you're being a total and utter cunt. As I said, I live in a small village. Six people from here died. What often gets overlooked is that there are many thousands of survivors, who went through the trauma of not only nearly dieing themselves, but crushing the others to death. I spent the evening with around 30 or 40 of them last night. For the last 25 years they've been blamed by the Police and Government for the deaths. Accused by the Sun of pissing on the dead fans and robbing from them.

An article from today underlining the lies about Liverpool that are stil perpetuated :

Yet mythology sometimes ceases to bear any relationship to reality. For all the typecasting about criminality and poverty Liverpool is statistically one of the safest cities in which to live. London, Leeds, Birmingham, Manchester and Sheffield all have more burglaries and car crimes per person. Violent attacks are twice as common in London. And Liverpool's economy is beginning to recover from its long post-war decline, creating jobs at double the national average for the past three decades.
The 96 reasons the jokes about Liverpool are wearing thin - Comment - Voices - The Independent

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty revolting to be honest. If not for that mistake you would figure Chelsea woudn't have done anything, they had 1 shot at 20% possession up until that point. LFC fan or not I can't see how anyone would care to watch or approve of Chelsea today.