Soccer 2013-2014

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Cesc going to Chelsea is hilarious in that Mourinho already flogged off Mata who is a similar type player as Cesc in that there is no real work rate to him. Sounds more like an Abramovich buy than anything else which will of course end badly.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Yup, but it gives Maureen an excuse if/when they don't do dick again this season.

"Well what did you expect? I was playing with players I didn't choose", or some other massive load of shite. Always somebody but Maureens fault.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Yeah, ban the Serbian champions all you want but the team that is using the sovereign wealth fund of Qatar to compete is just fine....

Neki

Molten Core Raider
BBC Sport - Cesc Fabregas: Chelsea sign ex-Arsenal midfielder from Barcelona

_75485678_cesc_fabregas_chelsea.jpg

Chelsea have signed former Arsenal midfielder Cesc Fabregas from Barcelona on a five-year deal.

The Spaniard, 27, spent three years at Barca and joins the Blues after Arsenal turned down a first option to buy him.

Fabregas joins for an undisclosed fee and said Chelsea matched his football ambitions, adding he had "unfinished business" in the Premier League.

"I considered all the other offers very carefully and I firmly believe that Chelsea is the best choice," he said.

While the fee for his move is unknown, the Spanish club were happy for him to leave for a fee in the region of ?30m.

The arrival of Fabregas at Chelsea comes 10 days after England midfielder Frank Lampard announced he would end his 13-year stay at Stamford Bridge. Defender David Luiz is also on the verge of completing a move to Paris St-Germain.

And Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho is also keen to finalise the transfer of his Spanish team-mate Diego Costa from Atletico Madrid.

"They have an amazing squad of players and an incredible manager. I am fully committed to this team and I can't wait to start playing," added Fabregas, who has 89 caps for Spain.

Fabregas, who scored 50 times in 305 games for Arsenal during his previous spell in England, will join Ramires, Nemanja Matic and John Obi Mikel as central midfield options for Mourinho
Sell Luis for 40M and bring in Fabregas for 30M and still 10M left over to buy another defender. Good business I say.

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
That wouldve inspired Disney for a new animated movie:
The Flopper and the Beast.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/unit...slideIdslide-0

No. Stop. Knock it off.

Be happy we made it out of the group of death and try to enjoy the loss to Belgium. America did great this World Cup.
My expectations for USA were to score a goal or two in this group. That's it. And I consider myself to be realistic. If you had told me we'd be taking Belgium, a team that outmatches us at every position (including Keeper) to the extra 30 minutes in the Group of 16? I'd have laughed, and laughed.

They were incredible. And Klinsmann totally vindicated himself and his decision to leave the King of Mediocre League Soccer at home. Though I thought that was the right decision from the start.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Are you even American? Tim Howard is the greatest keeper of all time and one of our most important founding fathers.
You wont get any argument from me after yesterday. I'm even now retrospectively questioning my Red Devils decision to loan and later transfer him to Everton back in 07 or whenever it was.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
United subsequently picked up VDS and then de Gea. I'm pretty sure we're okay.
I was being funny. And if by subsequently you mean six years later then ok
tongue.png
. He was pretty shaky and had to split time. But now he's definitely the man assuming we can keep him.

van der Sar was picked up in 05, actually the reason we decided we didn't need Howard. But he did get a shitty rap that he's had to work his ass off to make go away for a lot of people I feel so good for him. And yea de Gea is gonna be a legend and still only 23

PKS

N00b
I don't feel like posting in this thread that has 2013/2014 in it's title, thanks to Moyes. Otherwise, FUCK YEA TRANSFERS. New thread will pop up soon, after WC I guess.