Soccer 2013-2014

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Well as a City fan my two biggest concerns are Kompany and Hart. Kompany is world class and we simply do not look comfortable at the back without him. I read somewhere he is out for 6 weeks which is a disaster imo. We need another defender before the window closes because Lescott just doesn't cut it Garcia is just shit all around and Richards is always fucking injured and i can't remember the last time he played in central defense for us.

And Hart....well what the fuck happened? He was probably in the top 5 keepers for 3 seasons running, (one of those when he was on loan at Birmingham) and now he's probably our biggest liability. Major concern.
Hart is still class, but he's been a little out of form for a while now. No doubt that Man City will go as their defense goes. Look a totally different side w/out Kompany out there. Y'alls most important player, bar none. Yaya though is still beastin. Love Labor Day/Xfer deadline day. Hope Arsenal have a few surprises, and hope Madrid makes a "can't say no" bid for Suarez. We'll see.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
" BREAKING: Arsenal have reached an agreement in principle with Real Madrid for Mesut ?zil. The fee is around ?50m. [Carrusel Deportivo] "
https://twitter.com/EPLStuff
edit: I'm seeing plenty more on twitter to confirm this deal has happened. Price is about 45 Million euro + 5 million euro in incentives.
I really really hope this is true. If so, RM would have gotten absolutely destroyed this transfer window. Not only did Levy absolutely handle them by overvaluing Bale by about twice his true value, but they would lose their midfield talisman of the last 3 seasons. Sure Isco has been doing fantastic and a great signing, but Bale, Ozil, plus Illarramendi needing to get over his issues will make it quite interesting.

I am still puzzled as to what they are going to do with Bale, nearly everything points to the transfer being made 100% out of desperation to upstage the Neymar deal. Simply put, Bale gives zero new options for RM. He isn't going to replace C.Ronaldo on the left side a) because he isn't as good and b) because the C.Ronaldo as the forward experiment hasn't worked well in the past. He is way better coming off the wings and drift as he pleases. Having him replace Di Maria on the right doesn't make sense. Just going off transfer fees, Bale isn't 3x the player Di Maria is and I highly doubt he can offer anything more for RM than what a healthy Di Maria has been doing over the course of the last 3 seasons. Surely Bale will bench him if he is to be played on the right, but it is doubtful that it will be due to performances but rather having to be played when a 100 mil Euro price tag sits on your head.

Also if Arsenal do get Ozil, I see it as another Mata/Silva/Santi scenario where another very technically gifted La Liga player jumps into the top 10 players in the league. If Ozil continues doing what he has been doing, he is going to be the new Iniesta in a few years, massive shoes to fill but he is insanely talented.

Passenger_sl

shitlord
For sure, it will probably the one of the deals of the transfer season if it actually goes through. When you look at other players that have gone for around that value, its puzzling how Ozil is only valued at that.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Arsenal just beat spurs, why do they need to sign anyone? Everything is fine over there.

Liverpool still yet to concede a goal and the first perfect start to a season in 94. Apart from Man U, not great opponents nor great wins, but certainly better than the alternative.

Yes, top of the table only matters at the end of the season, but until they happens, I'm going to enjoy it for all its worth! 8)

PKS

N00b
Sure, was a pretty disciplined team LFC had and made very few rash tackles (in comparison to MUFC), rarely gave the ball away too cheaply and forced a lot of errors out of United in possession in dangerous areas whilst restricting goal scoring chances to a minimum. That kind of performance will make LFC a hard team to break down for anyone whilst without Suarez on the field still causing problems up front. Milk it whilst you can by all means...

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm not allowing myself to get excited just yet. Of the 3 Madrid players possibly leaving (Ozil, Di Maria, Benz), Ozil is the one Arsenal "need" the least - but he's the most talented. One of the 2-3 best AM's in the world, and not sure what the fuck Madrid are thinking this summer. I'd be pleased as shit if I was a Barca fan (not to mention how brilliant Cesc has been this summer.... QQ). Arsenal need a striker/DM, but if an opportunity to sign genuine world class comes about, you take it - regardless of their position.

Tomorrow should be fun regardless. Someone keep a keen eye on Odemwingie!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Ozil makes absolutely no sense at all for AFC but good on them I guess. Wilshire is turning pretty brittle at this point but I think Cazorla is wasted as he keeps getting shuffled out left.

drmandolin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In other news... You guys catch the Palace v Sunderland match? I love when lower profile teams like that put on such an entertaining 90 minutes. Nice and simple and loads of emotion and hard work on both sides.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
300k a week for 6 years, they've tied up ?175m on Bale!

BBC thinks Arsenal will get Ozil and possibly Benzema + DiMaria and ManUtd will get Fellini (sp?) but not Baines. Liverpool are signing Moses on a season long loan deal.

Sadly not Remi Moses, he was cool.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
I wondered today if Southampton might get any of the Bale swag and it turned out the transfer to Spurs did indeed include a 25% sell on clause.

They are quids in today right?

Nope! When they were in the financial shits Mr Levy rearranged said deal and swapped them a goalkeeper for the 25% sell on clause. How good was this keeper? I'll let this wonderful link tell the story. Keep in mind this was written long before it turned out the keeper was effectively valued at ?21m...http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/104...ever_signing_/

Edit:

1153:
David Ornstein, BBC SportOZIL TO ARSENAL

"Arsenal have agreed a 50m euros deal with Real Madrid to sign Germany midfielder Mesut Ozil.

"The 24-year-old has agreed personal terms and will now undergo a medical.

"The medical will take place in Germany, where Ozil is on international duty.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Madrid are crazy.

Ozil is a more influential player than Bale. ?300K a week? Fuck me...

Elerion

N00b
I wondered today if Southampton might get any of the Bale swag and it turned out the transfer to Spurs did indeed include a 25% sell on clause.

They are quids in today right?

Nope! When they were in the financial shits Mr Levy rearranged said deal and swapped them a goalkeeper for the 25% sell on clause. How good was this keeper? I'll let this wonderful link tell the story. Keep in mind this was written long before it turned out the keeper was effectively valued at ?21m...http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/104...ever_signing_/
That's pretty hilarious, but keep in mind at that time Bale was a shit-tier left back that no one believed would amount to anything.

Ashin

Silver Knight of the Realm
Amazing if what's flying around is true.

Ozil + Ba + Viviano + Di Maria (hopefully) would be a pretty brilliant summer alongside Flamini and Sonago.

Btw just what is up with Moyes NEVER playing Kagawa. The team is crying out for some creativity and he persists with 2 strikers, nevermind going after Fellaini and Herrara

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
A bit late, but it got a little chuckle.

I loled at that yesterday. Good stuff. Madrid are absolute morons, selling their arguably 2nd best player and bringing in a chimp. Late move for Suarez on the cards? Would be hilarious if Pool/Spurs sell their best players... thank god it isn't us (this summer at least, ha). Ozil having medical in Germany apparently.... can hardly contain myself.

Need a striker now - Demba Ba on loan? Pretty meh on that, as I think Giroud is more talented and they are similar players. We'll see what happens.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Reading reports today about how Liverpool FC treated their X manager when he attended as England Manager.

Told him that Directors Box and executive lounge was full made him sit in a non VIP area ( for want of a better phrase )

This is no way to treat an England Manager but a personal snub by a club who show no class in anything they do

darkseid_sl

shitlord
Btw just what is up with Moyes NEVER playing Kagawa. The team is crying out for some creativity and he persists with 2 strikers, nevermind going after Fellaini and Herrara
His agent said, that Kagawa wasn't match fit, because he played at the Confederations Cup. He also got a few weeks extra vacation because of it.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Live press conference introducing Bale

G94Ws7y.jpg

BBC just mentioned Spurs might be sniffing around for Hulk as his team are looking at buying someone similar. The main problem is his wages which are nuts enough at ?8.5m a season but with the local Russian tax rate Spurs would need to pay him nearer ?14m here to make the same amount...

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Reading reports today about how Liverpool FC treated their X manager when he attended as England Manager.

Told him that Directors Box and executive lounge was full made him sit in a non VIP area ( for want of a better phrase )

This is no way to treat an England Manager but a personal snub by a club who show no class in anything they do
It's where the previous England managers had sat and they didn't have a problem but Owl face should get the royal treatment? Half the Brits are closet fags IMO.