Soccer 2014 - 2015

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Awesome game - loved THoward bowing up to Costa - Everton were all over the place defensively though and have conceded 10 goals in 3 games.

Looks like Falcao is probably off to Madrid - rich get richer, surely that won't make Benz happy...

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Howard should have been sent off. Everton's D was horrible but Chelsea looks strong, they can be got at though. Was a great game to watch.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Sad to see Agger go since I really like him when he plays and he's got a lot of talent, but the injuries just ruined his career.
As much as I've love to have gotten a real transfer fee for him, it's nice that he wanted to return to his home club and I wish him all the best.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Commiserations Neki, LFC could/should have won by even more. Football is the strangest sport in the world - talk about a complete 180 for both teams within the span of a week. Last week, it was "LFC clearly isn't strong enough to challenge for the title" and "Spurs could well sneak into the top 4!" - the next game turns all that on its head. Will be a fun season, and I reckon the top 4 (and champion) will be decided against the little teams. Not much time left for Manc to add Vidal, Hummels and the other 2-3 players they need to give a good go of it.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Well we weren't that bad against City but as already noted the media has to make absolutes about every result. Anyway, comfortable as can be with a back line that has barely played together. Moreno is going to make the Shaw transfer look like an epic swindle by Southampton.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Leicester deserved to win that - Arsenal were fucking terrible, turgid, shit. Not a good start to the season, sigh.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Nice solid win. Penalty was really soft, and who knows how the game might have played out without since 1-0 is always a dangerous scoreline. Saying that, Spurs didn't really create too much, though they had a couple of half chances. Moreno's goal was pretty awesome though.

ps fuck international break interrupting the real football!

Maul

Dental Dammer
So apparantly Falcao is signing for United today, what a stupid signing if there is any truth to it.

------------De Gea-----------
---Jones---Evans---Blind
Blind-----------------------Blind
---------Blind--Herrera------
-----------Di Maria------------
------Rooney----Falcao----

What a line up.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So this thread started off with a discussion about UTD finances and ability to compete with Chelsea and Man City. I think this transfer window has proved that UTD fans have no reason to cry about their clubs spending, or lack of it.

Ossoi Right Again.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So this thread started off with a discussion about UTD finances and ability to compete with Chelsea and Man City. I think this transfer window has proved that UTD fans have no reason to cry about their clubs spending, or lack of it.

Ossoi Right Again.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Hearing that Man U are getting Falcao on loan, which makes a little more sense than however much a transfer would be, but still ignores their far more serious issues. In reality it only really adds to depth to an already potent strike force, though it is an injury / sulky prone one.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Knowing very little about the game: If Man U have too many midfielders and strikers with shit defence, while buying ever more strikers and midfielders... why don't they just play all of the midfielders and strikers and do that dutch total football thing?
Why didn't you admit you were Ed Woodward earlier? Could have saved you a lot of time with some suggestions for players ti sign at outrageous prices
smile.png

Maul

Dental Dammer

Ossoi Right Again.
Except no one said that at all, United fans were complaining about years of underinvestment when the team needed it, ie a DM/CM/Wingers. The fact that we have had some real shit results and suddenly spending money has nothing to do with the other point. United have spent hundreds of millions less than other clubs in the last 5 years when the team was in a significant downward spiral in terms of quality, what is so hard to understand. Do you have a learning disability?

Maul

Dental Dammer
Why didn't you admit you were Ed Woodward earlier? Could have saved you a lot of time with some suggestions for players ti sign at outrageous prices
smile.png
Liverpool haven't overpaid for world class players true, just hugelu overpaid for hilariously shit ones
wink.png

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Liverpool haven't overpaid paid for world class players true, just hugelu overpaid for hilariously shit ones
wink.png
What players did we buy that are shit? I'll be amazed if ManU looks half as good as LFC did against City or even take a solitary point off Spuds who we made to look rank average. Keep deluding yourself though.

Elerion

N00b
Falcao was at 300k/week at Monaco. Any reports of Man U wage?

Also, according to Guardian, Falcao agents insist the deal is actually a ?65m sale, but is being reported as a loan for FFP reasons. No idea if that carries water.