Soccer 2014 - 2015

PKS

N00b
.. .are you United fans really thinking a striker 2 years removed from his best form and on a bum knee is really going to do anything? Redcafe is all awash in title challenge and how the squad is better than LFC's which is laughable, can't wait for the game at OT in December. Lets hope you're out of the relegation zone by then.
What's this about Falcao being crap all of a sudden? Is this another one of those "Sterling is better than Di Maria" type LFC fan nonsense or do you have any insight or evidence to suggest this player is a has-been and in no way justifiable for his previous summers ?50m price tag? All I can think of is that he's taken an injury leading up to the World Cup. Certainly he's not too old at 28.

And lets be honest; why do you think this squad is still not good? They've signed 3 midfielders - 2 of which can play in different positions, they've signed 2 defenders, and replaced Welbeck/Hernandez with a much better striker. And we've still yet to see Carrick & Rafael return from injury, which again improve the team in key positions. The team can go nuclear in it's forwards, it's got a decent midfield with Blind/Di Maria/Herrera/Carrick - it's got class wingers if he needs to employ Di Maria/Januzai out wide, he's got great fullbacks in Shaw/Rafael/Valencia, only just missing now a top CB to pair up with Jones/Rojo/Evans, and eventually Strootman for DM to make that midfield one of the best.

Flight

Molten Core Raider
And lets be honest; why do you think this squad is still not good? They've signed 3 midfielders - 2 of which can play in different positions, they've signed 2 defenders, and replaced Welbeck/Hernandez with a much better striker. And we've still yet to see Carrick & Rafael return from injury, which again improve the team in key positions. The team can go nuclear in it's forwards, it's got a decent midfield with Blind/Di Maria/Herrera/Carrick - it's got class wingers if he needs to employ Di Maria/Januzai out wide, he's got great fullbacks in Shaw/Rafael/Valencia, only just missing now a top CB to pair up with Jones/Rojo/Evans, and eventually Strootman for DM to make that midfield one of the best.
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say Utd fans remind me so much of LFC on the slide in the 90s/00s. Thinking the club only need to buy a few decent players to put them back on top, right down to only needing one more player - the last piece of the jigsaw.

Elerion

N00b
What's this about Falcao being crap all of a sudden? Is this another one of those "Sterling is better than Di Maria" type LFC fan nonsense or do you have any insight or evidence to suggest this player is a has-been and in no way justifiable for his previous summers ?50m price tag? All I can think of is that he's taken an injury leading up to the World Cup. Certainly he's not too old at 28.

Man U has some amazing players now, but their proven core are all best at AMC/FC and haven't shown they can play together, nor does it seem easy to make that work. RVP/Falcao/Di Maria/Rooney/Mata(/Januzai) is a wet dream of an offensive lineup, but how do you utilize them all? The midfield and defense coverage is wafer thin and full of unproven and/or injured players with no clear leadership.

This is football, anything can happen, but MUFC would be a heck of a lot better on paper if all those transfer funds were used to solidify the holding midfield or central defense.

Putting the bias aside, I kind of hope van Gaal just pulls out all the stops and runs 4-1-3-2 with Blind/Carrick in a holding role, Mata/Rooney/ADiMa as floating AMs, with RVP and Falcao up top. That team would probably score a shit ton of goals, but concede a bunch too. It would make for a hell of a fun team to watch. The problem is of course that you'd need one hell of a good terrier DM to cover the thin defense. Carrick isn't that guy, no idea if Blind is.

Maul

Dental Dammer
This is exactly what I'm talking about when I say Utd fans remind me so much of LFC on the slide in the 90s/00s. Thinking the club only need to buy a few decent players to put them back on top, right down to only needing one more player - the last piece of the jigsaw.
This is still Liverpool today
wink.png
Next year will be their year (tm).

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
1. Since when was Valencia a fullback. LOL
2. Since when was Rafael a great fullback - decent at best. LOL
3. LOL at thinking 33 year old Carrick returning from injury is going to transform their season.

I doubt they'll play Rooney, RVP and Falcao at the same time. My understanding is that RVP needs knee surgery soon and Falcao will be cover. The most logical line up is still the 4-4-2 diamond with a DM at the base of the diamond, Herrera and Di Maria in CM and Mata at the tip of the diamond.

And yes, Sterling is better than ADM and fake Ronaldo were at the same age. If he continues his progression and keeps his head on his shoulders, it's scary how good he could be.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Putting the bias aside, I kind of hope van Gaal just pulls out all the stops and runs 4-1-3-2 with Blind/Carrick in a holding role, Mata/Rooney/ADiMa as floating AMs, with RVP and Falcao up top. That team would probably score a shit ton of goals, but concede a bunch too. It would make for a hell of a fun team to watch. The problem is of course that you'd need one hell of a good terrier DM to cover the thin defense. Carrick isn't that guy, no idea if Blind is.
Rooney will be moved to midfield. That transition has been overdue for months. Mata will be the odd man out, unless Rooney struggles.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I never said Falcao was shit as there is no way to know right now, if he went to LFC I would have said the same thing as nobody has really seen him play as he's barely moved around in the 2 Monaco games this year since his injury. That goes for any transfer, I haven't proclaimed Balotelli the best ever or any of our signings other than saying I think Moreno will make Shaw's deal look laughable which is pretty easy as Shaw looks more interested in wearing tight pants than anything else.

1409071068877_wps_6_Man_Uniteds_Luke_Shaw_lea.jpg

Pks_sl said:
Blind and Rojo have 0 minutes, Herrera barely more so you don't even know what you have in midfield nor CB but right now it's safe to say that it's laughably thin and mediocre at best. Valencia is no where near a great full back, Rafael is a red card waiting to happen and Shaw is fat, see picture above.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This is still Liverpool today
wink.png
Next year will be their year (tm).
Next year? We're going to win it this year though Mourinho will probably have Matic do a studs to the knee challenge on Henderson again to make him play on 1 leg for 85 mins at the Bridge.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think there is much difference between the Chelsea and ManC squads, it's just splitting hairs really on what different flavor of goodness do you want. With that said to win the title you don't even need to take any points from either of them, we only took 3 out of 12 points last year from them and were so close. It's the games against the lower level opposition as we just saw with Stoke last weekend and I'm sure we'll see with Chelsea in the coming year in that teams will play them just for a point and sneak a win that will make the difference. If you beat up on teams 8-20 then anything is possible and I think we have the squad to do just that.

Elerion

N00b
Valdes apparently close to signing for LFC if he can pass a medical after he returns from injury. He's a free agent so can sign any time.

I'm torn. Obviously a great keeper, and who can complain if he's free, but:
- He's kinda old, probably only 2-4 years left (unless he goes all Van der Sar)
- He's probably not fluent in english, complicating communication
- Competition/rotation in the GK slot is a double edged sword
- Both Migs and Valdes are too good to be stuck on the bench, so one will leave if the other is the firm starter

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
are you watching the world cup final rematch right now? Di Maria just made the most impressive move...

Elerion

N00b
For some reason I'm watching England - Norway. I'm Norwegian and a fan of English football, and I'm still not sure why I'm watching this. Pretty dire.

e: On the other hand, Sterling just played Sturridge through on goal alone with a perfect pass from midfield. Sterling might be the reason.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Di Maria with 2 quality assists. Thought Draxler looked good but he got yanked at 35 minutes. Pretty open match, Argentina looking a lot more fluid sans Messi.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Valdes apparently close to signing for LFC if he can pass a medical after he returns from injury. He's a free agent so can sign any time.

I'm torn. Obviously a great keeper, and who can complain if he's free, but:
- He's kinda old, probably only 2-4 years left (unless he goes all Van der Sar)
- He's probably not fluent in english, complicating communication
- Competition/rotation in the GK slot is a double edged sword
- Both Migs and Valdes are too good to be stuck on the bench, so one will leave if the other is the firm starter
Rodgers isn't convinced by Mignolet. Thinks he isn't vocal/commanding enough. Competition is a good thing

More pundits now praising sterling's potential to be world class

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Di Maria with 2 quality assists. Thought Draxler looked good but he got yanked at 35 minutes. Pretty open match, Argentina looking a lot more fluid sans Messi.
Unlike Portugal, Messi is just one excellent player out of many, and focusing the game too much on him will hurt. Portugal has no choice, Ronaldo is currently their only player who isn't either benched or playing in some C-league.