Soccer 2014 - 2015

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Think Arsenal are in better form at the minute than Manc, and are a better team but Wenger never wins at OT so I have about 0 confidence we'll go to Manchester and get a result. We'll see though, but that was the worst draw possible for us from a mental standpoint. Pumped CL is back tomorrow - Barca/City should be brilliant as well as PSG/Chelski

PKS

N00b
Can't wait until the game at Anfield....
Haha, I distinctly remember you saying "Can't wait for us to play you in December.." during the months leading to the Old Trafford match! History to repeat itself? Yes sirrrr.... although it's an away fixture... the source of my anxiety..

Szlia

First half of the PSG - Chelsea game:

1) Who needs forwards when you can have a defensive trio score a goal like that?

2) LOL at David Luis changing the position of the spray mark for the free kick! I wonder if he will get fined for that.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
First half of the PSG - Chelsea game:

1) Who needs forwards when you can have a defensive trio score a goal like that?

2) LOL at David Luis changing the position of the spray mark for the free kick! I wonder if he will get fined for that.
The flick was filthy. Scooping up the foam to change the mark was hilarious. How does that not get noticed by any of the officials?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Haha, I distinctly remember you saying "Can't wait for us to play you in December.." during the months leading to the Old Trafford match! History to repeat itself? Yes sirrrr.... although it's an away fixture... the source of my anxiety..
Please go find my post the week of or relatively close to the game at OT where I said I can't wait for LFC to play or I predicted something. Pretty sure your thinking of last March's game where I did say that and was correct for doing so. Otherwise all my posts around that time were pretty negative and rightfully so as LFC was playing terribly. That's not the case now and as long as Sturridge stays fit then LFC and a lot of other teams you play relatively soon are going to show ManU's D and mid for what it is, a shower of shite.

As for the PSG/Chelski game, just reminds me again of why I hate Chelski and Mourinho so much. Cynical defensive fucks.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Lucky bastard. Was hoping to make the trip this year but the wife had other ideas, hopefully next year....

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Twitter and internet forums have made it a lot easier to get tickets. There are a few dedicated ticket exchange accounts on Twitter.

Merrith

Ronaldo already. Schalke started fairly organized with a few glimpses of offense too.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Madrid barely got out of 2nd gear. Schalke had their chances but they never looked like they were going to take control of the game. All in all some pretty underwhelming games this week. Hopefully the LFC game tomorrow has some good action.

Merrith

Madrid barely got out of 2nd gear. Schalke had their chances but they never looked like they were going to take control of the game. All in all some pretty underwhelming games this week. Hopefully the LFC game tomorrow has some good action.
And yet Schalke could have equalized towards the end when they hit the bar. 1-1 going back to Madrid would have been miles better than going back down 2-0 (and basically with no chance)

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
1-1 would still be in essence a Madrid victory due to the away goals rule same as Chelsea's draw with PSG yesterday. I agree it would make for a better 2nd leg if that goal did go in but on balance the 2-0 didn't flatter Madrid.

Merrith

1-1 would still be in essence a Madrid victory due to the away goals rule same as Chelsea's draw with PSG yesterday. I agree it would make for a better 2nd leg if that goal did go in but on balance the 2-0 didn't flatter Madrid.
Yes either way Madrid would be heavily favored to go through picking up the away goal, but now 2-0 up with 2 away goals in the pocket Schalke is virtually done.

PKS

N00b
Frustrated! Wouldn't be surprised if Utd had over 90% possession for the 10 minutes leading up to Swansea scoring a fluke random goal against the play.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I would guess Moyes could have gotten more out of this team than van Gall. You need to shoot to score, not hope elbows gets away with a foul in the box as usual. Says something, not sure what....

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Getting ready to leave for the match! Hoping to see Balotelli get some game time today.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Huge win. Sometimes you get the rub of the green. I'll take it
wink.png

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
was a pretty poor game I thought, the wet conditions meant so many misplaced passes and the players really struggled to run with the ball.