Soccer 2014 - 2015

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Also Messi's goal today was pretty amazing:

Edit: The ESPN deportes commentators were thanking god for Messi after that goes, pretty funny.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Eh?

Confederations Cup
Womens World Cup
U20 and U17 World Cup

They also sanction all the regional tournaments such as the Copa America and the Euro's.
People give a shit about those? Thought not.

UEFA can't put on a EURO tournament without FIFA holding their hand? Yeah I think they would just do the tournament anyways.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
As of right now the EURO's have to get consent to be added to the FIFA calender which forces clubs to release the players selected by their countries for national duty. In theory the clubs could say that FIFA didn't sanction the tournament so they don't have to let their player play and risk injury.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Are people going to boycott Euro 2016/2020 because FIFA have sanctioned it even though it's UEFA running it? Are UEFA going to boycott their own tournament? No.

So going back to the original topic, which tournaments people give a shit about are going to be at risk? Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022 World Cups. That is all.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You're a teacher right? Yet you're understanding of the English language is pretty lacking it seems. I said in theory, I didn't say anything was going to be boycotted. Cool talk though bro.

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm
Sepp Blatter will step down as president of FIFA | For The Win

FIFA president Sepp Blatter announced on Tuesday that he asked the organization to call together a special congress so that he may step down and a new president be elected.

It's a stunning development for the president of soccer's largest organizing body. Blatter was first elected in 1998. He just won an election for his fifth consecutive term on Friday, but with new developments in the corruption charges against FIFA, Blatter has decided to step down.

"I will call an extraordinary congress and a new president will be elected," he said, though he didn't give a date. A follow-up speaker clarified that it will take four months to call a special congress. Blatter will remain the president until such a congress is held.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It's tough to evade extradition if your job is to fly around the world and collect bribes. It's hiding time for Blatter on some beach in a non extradition country until Dog the Bounty Hunter comes hunting for you on pay per view.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
KC1Vxy4.gif

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
It's about time FIFA was rid of this Step Ladder character. He was nothing but a corrupt fraud.

21-of-the-worst-puns-10.jpg

eXarc

Trakanon Raider
So can someone enlighten me as to where the new leadership and FIFA Presidency will come from now?

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Money probably started talking. Last thing Visa/Nike and other American companies needs, is the US Government inquiring why are they directly sponsoring a corrupt organization.

Also maybe someone made a deal that implicated him and he got the phone call.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
Boggles the mind why you would do this a few days after you get reelected.
Now he gets the pressure off, delays a replacement by 4 months, and can send his voting bloc to vote for someone who will cover his tracks. I would guess he doesn't make it to the election he's holding out for though, the feds are gonna get him.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
Boggles the mind why you would do this a few days after you get reelected.
The FBI were investigating the $10 million payment by the South African government to Jack Warner for the 2010 World Cup, and rumor had it the number 2 guy in FIFA, J?r?me Valcke, was in their firing line. FIFA issued a statement saying Valcke knew nothing about it. A few hours later, a letter from the South African FA addressed to Valcke telling him how to pay the $10 million was leaked to the press.

So, basically, the noose is tightening and Blatter knows it.