Soccer 2014 - 2015

Jovec

?
So, basically, the noose is tightening and Blatter knows it.
I'm expecting plenty more to come out.

According to a report on the investigation by the New York Daily News, in November 2011 Blazer was stopped while making his way to a pricey Manhattan restaurant in a mobility scooter by federal agents who had been tracking tax evasion.

"We can take you away in handcuffs now - or you can co-operate," one of the agents allegedly told Blazer.

He is then said to have agreed to record his colleagues using a microphone hidden in a keychain.
Chuck Blazer: Fifa 'supergrass' - BBC News

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
The FBI were investigating the $10 million payment by the South African government to Jack Warner for the 2010 World Cup, and rumor had it the number 2 guy in FIFA, J?r?me Valcke, was in their firing line. FIFA issued a statement saying Valcke knew nothing about it. A few hours later, a letter from the South African FA addressed to Valcke telling him how to pay the $10 million was leaked to the press.

So, basically, the noose is tightening and Blatter knows it.
CGe9JLWU8AAfzyM.jpg

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
This way also gives FIFA 4ish months to setup another corrupt Blatter replacement - if he would have declined being re-elected then Prince Ali would have won immediately.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
This way also gives FIFA 4ish months to setup another corrupt Blatter replacement - if he would have declined being re-elected then Prince Ali would have won immediately.
I suspect the majority of FIFA will vote for whoever isn't supported by UEFA or the USA. The gravy train just got derailed, and they aren't going to thank them for doing it.

My guess would be someone few people have heard of: Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim Al Khalifa. He's the president of the Asian Football Confederation, and was instrumental in getting the votes for Blatter to be re-elected.

This assumes he isn't also on the FBI's list, or the Swiss one (who are looking into the Qatar world cup which is in the Sheikh's neck of the woods).

Rais

Trakanon Raider
I was expecting that African letter to end up being along the lines of the typical Nigerian King on exile and needs to hide their money.

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
The South African's just held a press conference about the $10 million "payment"

- Bottom line: $10m was given unconditionally and never audited. Still no explanation of why SA govt failed to disclose $10-million payment to Warner's account in 2008. "We can't account for it. The fact that later they turned into gangsters, that is not our problem"
- South Africa's Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has told local journalists: "Be patriotic. State the facts." "you have the right to ask questions, but do not chase us about bribes when we did not bribe,"
- "Sepp Blatter has been a good friend of South Africa. He delivered the World Cup to Africa. History will remember him"
- "South Africa fought colonialism and defeated it, and will fight imperialism"

Africa Live: South Africa's Fikile Mbalula on World Cup bid - BBC News

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I don't think there is anything wrong in supporting grass roots football all over the world, I'm all for it as giving kids that have nothing for an outlet is a great way to spend money. With that said that doesn't mean that the way the money is allocated and accounted for shouldn't be changed. The local federations should be able to account for every penny that was spent and that it was spent on what it was supposed to be spent on and if not then you turn off the spigot. Then it's not about who keeps the gravy train going but who can again include everybody in a fair manner.

As far as Qatar, I've read some good articles this morning about how Africa and Asia regions will view this unfairly if they lose the WC as it's probably too late to strip Russia of theirs sans Putin invading the Baltic countries. While that's understandable that doesn't mean that the fact the only way Qatar got the WC in the first place was by buying it and from any sporting or humanitarian point of view it's the dumbest thing ever should be ignored. While I'd love to see it here in the US in 2022 probably the most realistic option is giving it to another Asian federation country such as Australia while we get WC 2026.

Jovec

?
The South African's just held a press conference about the $10 million "payment"

- Bottom line: $10m was given unconditionally and never audited. Still no explanation of why SA govt failed to disclose $10-million payment to Warner's account in 2008. "We can't account for it. The fact that later they turned into gangsters, that is not our problem"
- South Africa's Sports Minister Fikile Mbalula has told local journalists: "Be patriotic. State the facts." "you have the right to ask questions, but do not chase us about bribes when we did not bribe,"
- "Sepp Blatter has been a good friend of South Africa. He delivered the World Cup to Africa. History will remember him"
- "South Africa fought colonialism and defeated it, and will fight imperialism"

Africa Live: South Africa's Fikile Mbalula on World Cup bid - BBC News
- "Here in South Africa, our living conditions are so great and we have so much money, that we want to give this $10 million to support football in the Caribbean. Oh, and let's keep it off the books. Don't want anyone knowing how generous we are."

Running Dog_sl

shitlord
I think we're going to be hearing more stories like this now Blatter's days are numbered

The Football Association of Ireland has claimed it was paid ?5m (?3.67m) by outgoing Fifa president Sepp Blatter to drop legal action over a controversial handball by Thierry Henry that prevented the country reaching the World Cup finals in 2010.

Fifa, football's governing body, however later claimed the sum was in fact $5m (?3.25m), and was a loan to build a stadium, which it subsequently wrote off when Ireland failed to qualify for the 2014 World Cup

...FAI chief executive John Delaney confirmed for the first time that Fifa had agreed to the payment in order to avoid a protracted legal row. "We felt we had a legal case against Fifa because of how the World Cup play-off hadn't worked out for us with the Henry handball," he told RTE Radio 1.

"Also the way Blatter behaved, if you remember on stage, having a sAmerican Inventor and having a laugh at us. That day when I went in, and I told him how I felt about him, there were some expletives used. We came to an agreement."
Fifa payment to FAI over Thierry Henry handball was 'loan to build stadium' | Football | The Guardian

Maul

Dental Dammer

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Fifa is a private organization. It would be the same as suing the Miss Universe Contest because you lost. I don't think there is court that can legally take such a case. Also provided that historically referees have fucked up a lot, and is just part of the rules of the game.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Had to watch the game on my phone at my daughters soccer game, will have to watch again later but from the shit fox stream it seemed like a good game. Barca was dominant but Juve had their chances. Ref was good to as any other game and Vidal and Pogba would have been off in the first half.

As far as Barca hate, I can somewhat understand it but if you love soccer then it seems anathema. Everybody would love to have that front 3 in their team. Just some amazing football they play.