Soccer 2014 - 2015

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Also Neymar getting sent off yesterday after the game was over was hilarious, just comes off as a spoiled brat.
And getting banned from the tournament for abusing the ref. I'm glad they did not let it slide, no matter how big the player is.

Maul

Dental Dammer
rrr_img_101218.jpg

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Fuck yes!! Peter Cech to Arsenal. I have really high hopes for the next season already. As long as Sanchez doesn't come back broken from the Copa America.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
No doubt he'll come back fucking exhausted. Really pleased with the Cech signing, if for no other reason than the influence he'll have on the back 4. Copa America has been pretty good if not a bit testy at times. Argie/Chile final will be great. Not sure who else Arsenal is looking at, but I'm going to be disappointed if Cech is "THE" marquee signing this summer. Still think the team needs a striker and at worst competition for Coq in dm. I'd actually prefer a wide forward/winer ala Reus, but there aren't many out there that are better than what Arsenal currently have in those wide areas.

WWC - USA absolutely dominated Germany tonight and are in the finals Sunday. The quality is pretty shit, but meh... not a lot else on. Hoping Engerland win and join us this weekend.

Szlia

I watched nothing of the women world cup, but today I check a bit of the Japan vs England semi and get to see one of the most heart wrenching own goal I ever saw. A freak accident in stoppage time of a world cup semi final that was going into overtime... that's hard to top (unless you are colombian and you and your family gets executed). The poor defender will take a while to get over it. The BBC had former players as analyists who knew her in the studio and they were in tears.

Ryanz

<Banned>
If you missed the US vs. Germany match that happened the other day I'd suggest checking it out. It basically had everything you could want from a women's soccer match, short of their tops flying off. Can't believe no ones even said a word about this women's world cup.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Uhh, pretty sure I've already said I've been watching most of the games with my daughters. As far as Japan vs. England today, it was pretty terrible game overall but yeah that OG to end it is just fucking terrible. Wouldn't wish that on anybody.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Don't confuse better with more successful.

Women's football is fucking garbage. In both semifinals there was only ONE regular goal, and none last night. Women simply don't make long distance shots from outside the penalty box, so defending against women is easier. The biggest threat is the attacker going into the penalty box and being awarded a penalty when the ball is taken from her.

Women Football is like bullfighting with goats.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Feel like Tata Martino blew it for Argentina yesterday. Lavezzi and Higuain instead of Tevez? Fucking retarded.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
The level of football on display is dire in the womens game. I also love the double standard - that English gal who hilariously scored an own goal in the dying seconds of the Japan match was met with tons of sympathy, well wishes, "keep your chin up, you're a lion" type of bullshit. Higuain (also hilariously) skies a pk and misses a relatively tough chance for Argentina and EVERYONE is ripping him apart, not a big game player, past it, etc etc. If he was a woman, we'd be hearing the same bullshit we heard about the English chick - but he's not, so its okay to rip him to shreds. Personally, I'm fine with ripping him to shreds as he's a donkey - but if someone were to come out and rip a woman for fucking up in a World Cup match, you better believe they wouldn't be in the job long at ESPN, Fox, NBC, whatever. /Rant off

Also, Alex Morgan is kind of shit - good thing she's cute!

Dyvim

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Alex Morgan is one reason i watch that team play
the other is Ali Krieger.