Soccer 2014 - 2015

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Easy Manc's, I'm sure you'll get out of mid-table this season. No reason to suddenly become a collective of sensitive pussies!!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Also - Feel shitty for Southampton. They were such a fun side last season, and seem to be losing every one of their starlets. Chambers looks off and I'm sure Schneiderlin will follow now. Wonder how they'll spend all that money?!

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
That's what happens when you do things the 'right way'. Your team gets plundered from the established clubs. I'll stick to a billionaire owner, thanks.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I'd be surprised if LFC's next offer isn't for the entirety of the Southampton club at this point. I forsee relegation in their future to say the least.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Really excited for the coming epl season. Top 4-6 are bringing in lots of talent to already good team.

Whats with Tottenham? Team isin't nearly good enough to compete for top 4 and not buying enough.

Spain may have 2 top teams but half the top league is mid table championship quality.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
Spain may have 2 top teams but half the top league is mid table championship quality.
That is mainly because of the way their tv revenue is structured. In other leagues like England and Germany there is a collective tv deal but in Spain each team agrees their own. Anyone not named Barcelona or Real Madrid is fucked basically. See link :-

Revealing! Distribution of TV Money For La Liga Clubs Compared to EPL Clubs | World Soccer Talk

England has some serious money coming in from the TV rights. I believe that this year the team who came last and got relegated earned more from the TV deal than the winner of the Champions League got from their TV deal.

Maul

Dental Dammer
Remy failed his medical then, dodgy knee and hole in his heart, apparantly failed 4 medicals in the past as well, guess we can see the desperation of QPR and Newcastle now!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Remy failed his medical then, dodgy knee and hole in his heart, apparantly failed 4 medicals in the past as well, guess we can see the desperation of QPR and Newcastle now!
the conspiracy theorists amongst LFC fans would suggest that Borini stalling/refusing to move to Sunderland means LFC don't want to spend the cash for Remy.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Who cares about Remy, season's already over according to my ManUre friends due to Van Gall's genius leading of said team.

Whidon

Blackwing Lair Raider
Explains why Remy had been attracting so little interest at such a cheap price. Shame, the heart issue might end his career, I doubt any pro american sports team would take a guy like that.

Interesting to see who we get instead. I am still pretty psyched about this next Liverpool team however.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Who cares about Remy, season's already over according to my ManUre friends due to Van Gall's genius leading of said team.
I'll be happy if we get back into Top 4. I like this new coach, he isn't soft. Other than RVP everyone has to earn their place. Rooney has scored 4 goals in the past 2 "Friendly" games trying to impress the guy, and I haven't seen Rooney work hard since long before Fergie left.

Very much looking forward to this year and next.

Sharinel

Golden Squire
False.

Some of the teams tried to change the TV money distribution to a more equal scheme.Barcelona-Real Madrid hegemony tarnishes Spanish football's golden age | Sid Lowe | Football | theguardian.com
Eh? Your link backs up what I said 'It is well-documented that TV deals are signed individually in Spain.'

Teams did try to change it a couple of years ago (your link is from 2012). They failed miserably. From the same newspaper you linked but a year later...La Liga seeks collective TV rights deal to close gap on Premier League | Football | theguardian.comSo they are still trying to get it changed but haven't yet.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Eh? Your link backs up what I said 'It is well-documented that TV deals are signed individually in Spain.'

Teams did try to change it a couple of years ago (your link is from 2012). They failed miserably. From the same newspaper you linked but a year later...La Liga seeks collective TV rights deal to close gap on Premier League | Football | theguardian.comSo they are still trying to get it changed but haven't yet.
Not every team wants/wanted a fairer distribution.Sid Lowe: New TV deal ensures status quo in Spain - More Sports - SI.com

Elerion

N00b
So, I like soccer. I've always liked soccer, but cannot for the life of me enjoy MLS. The matches just don't interest me as much as European matches do. So, I've decided to make an effort to watch the EPL since I discovered NBCSN airs matches in the U.S. Anyone have any input on choosing a team to support? I've done a lot of reading on the teams, but it's difficult. Should I just watch a lot of matches and "let the team choose me"? I don't want to jump on any bandwagons, but also don't want to support a lost cause that fights relegation frequently.

Thoughts?
I guess I'll repost my EPL for dummies table:
9oP3YwY.png

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Just saw that Spurs look set to sign Schneiderlin - great buy, think he's a really quality player - wonder who he'll be displacing though? They have a ton of players that play in that position already.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Whats with Tottenham? Team isin't nearly good enough to compete for top 4 and not buying enough.
We blew our wad last season already. We are running on empty this season.

I think one of the reasons Pochettino was appointed is to get the best out of Lamela who, let's put it lightly, 'under performed' last season.

We've got a pretty good squad of players already. Just need to get the fuckers to play well together.