Soccer 2014 - 2015

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Also, how long before DDG is in Madrid? Bale for DDG (plus Reus) seems like a great deal for Madrid and think Bale would do well in Manchester. DDG for me is the best keeper in the league, without question. Chelski have two great GK's, but outside of Neuer I struggle to think of anyone I'd rather have in goal than DDG - has kept Manc in several key games this season.
DDG is the only reason ManU is in the top 4 currently, last I looked he was directly responsible for 15 saved points based on xG tables of the games they were in where the other team had more clear cut chances than ManU but still lost or tied. He's going to Madrid and there is no way Bale is coming back at this point, maybe another year or two sure but he's not going to throw in the towel that easily. Best they can hope is they get something for DDG considering his contract is almost up, not like money is a problem for ManU anyway with their commercial revenue.

PKS

N00b
No Brando, I'm only saying it's not a desperate style of play. On one hand it clearly works: goals, chances created. Utd never lost because of it. On the other hand it has all those negatives the RedCafe poster suggested. I do agree with him and I'm more than happy to state I'd rather have a #10 playing as a #10 like Mata, as long as we have defensive cover available.
I don't agree with those fouls=red you listed but whatever, bias from both of us.

It's just a really tough squad for LvG to juggle and you can see he still hasn't figured out what best to do. Rooney in CM experiment is over, maybe Januzai/Valencia have earned themselves a couple of weeks off along with Di Maria & Evans... roll on next formation...

Flight

Molten Core Raider
It's just a really tough squad for LvG to juggle and you can see he still hasn't figured out what best to do.
It's not like he didn't have massive amounts of money to spend in the summer on whoever he wanted.

Surprised to read today that Van Gaal has only won one more game this season that Moyes had at this stage last season. This after ?150mill spent. Those kind of numbers even a club with Man Us income will struggle to come back from.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
No Brando,I'm only saying it's not a desperate style of play. On one hand it clearly works: goals, chances created. Utd never lost because of it.On the other hand it has all those negatives the RedCafe poster suggested. I do agree with him and I'm more than happy to state I'd rather have a #10 playing as a #10 like Mata, as long as we have defensive cover available.
I don't agree with those fouls=red you listed but whatever, bias from both of us.

It's just a really tough squad for LvG to juggle and you can see he still hasn't figured out what best to do. Rooney in CM experiment is over, maybe Januzai/Valencia have earned themselves a couple of weeks off along with Di Maria & Evans... roll on next formation...
Are you sure about that? You could be right and I'm not interested in going through every xG map for Fellaini but in watching the games ManU creates very little chances. You have your own supporters as well bemoaning the style and tactics of the team and how it's not historically what ManU stands for. I've seen some say that given another summer LvG will be able to get in his guys and it will all change but that's not something you just flip a switch on and all of a sudden you play completely different.

PKS

N00b
There was another fantastic post onRedCafedetailing exactly what a LvG system is and what it intends to be.
Preferred LvG style is 4-3-3 (or close variants) with 4 defensive players (2 cb's, 2 midfield
frown.png
1 box to box type and 1 sitting back, or alternate), 3-4 creative players (f.e. 2 wingers, 1 striker, 1 #10), left footed players on left side defence, vice versa. Compare that with the team he inherited couldn't come close to anything that fits the mould (5 #10s, 5 strikers, 1 DM, bad defenders).

I'd say to Flight: He did really well to get rid of a ton of players in the summer yet he was still left with surpluses in the wrong areas. Could have have gone even further? That's a question. Would it have been too much upheaval if he went and removed players instead of testing them (like Fellaini, Evans, Young, Anderson)... maybe? I'm not sure. Would it have been appropriate to have axed more and spent more? It's a bigger job than just the money he already spent, clearly...

Those fans had better get used to this style even if LvG gets the player he wants. It's possession based football through and through, he's achieved that much at least already. I'd just imagine it ideally without the constant critical errors at the back and more clinical finishers up front. If he ever gets as far as a 4-3-3 then the fans would enjoy wing based play again though but I have doubts that he'd want to axe RvP/Falcao/Fellaini/Mata in the same window so it'll hopefully just be reinforcing the back and middle.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
That ref had one of the most crooked performances I've ever seen though I'm sure Mourinho will still complain. Didn't think I could hate any club more than ManU but I don't think Chelski have one redeeming feature between owner, players, staff, fans, etc. I celebrated that Silva goal almost as much as I would an LFC goal, fucking loving it. Get fucked you plastics...

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Never seen a guy go down from a simple shove so easily haha. Not that it was right, but I doubt he had to go down at all.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
If all you are going to do is try to get people sent off then complaining when it's done to you is pretty hilarious. Costa was just out of control, no way he should have made 120mins.

Szlia

David Luiz taking a yellow for pretending he got headbutted was also pretty lol worthy. He did that just after a tackle from behind by Diego Costa that was as dark as a yellow can get (while Ibrahimovic got a very light red - but a fair one since he had both feet off the ground). Anyway, there was a very poor atmosphere on the pitch from start to finish.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
David Luiz taking a yellow for pretending he got headbutted was also pretty lol worthy. He did that just after a tackle from behind by Diego Costa that was as dark as a yellow can get (while Ibrahimovic got a very light red - but a fair one since he had both feet off the ground). Anyway, there was a very poor atmosphere on the pitch from start to finish.
Not sure I totally agreed Ibra should have seen red. I get the argument, but I probably would have only shown yellow. That said the referee had a horrible day. Still annoyed I had to leave right after Chelsea went ahead 1-0 and came back home to watch rest on dvr to see the crazy that followed.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
You are fucking blind, Oscar had feet raised with studs showing. If anything he deserved a card more than Ibra did and Maureen knew that as he played the whole first half in a red mist so was yanked at half.

That's also the same ref that helped out Basle with the most ridiculous red against Markovic, same ref also gave out 3 reds this past weekend in an Irish game or some shit. Sounds like he shouldn't be reffing at this level.

Szlia

My understanding is that even if he did not touch Oscar he could have gotten a red just because it's a dangerous play. I agree that, once in motion, he did his best to not send Oscar to the emergency room, which is commendable, but, sadly for him, too late.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
My understanding is that even if he did not touch Oscar he could have gotten a red just because it's a dangerous play. I agree that, once in motion, he did his best to not send Oscar to the emergency room, which is commendable, but, sadly for him, too late.
Are you a closet rent boy or just an Ibra hater? Those 50/50's happen in every game every week far worse than Ibra's today which again Oscar was actually the one with malicious intent which If you watch him at all isn't surprising. I don't really care for Ibra myself all that much but not only myself but almost every pundit during and after the match agreed it wasn't a red. Please show us a picture of Ibra with both feet raised in a lunge towards Oscar with studs showing to prove otherwise.