What a fucking choke.

Jordan Henderson vs Sevilla

55% passing
0 take-ons
0 tackles won
0 aerial duels won
5 fouls
1 booking

You can't win games when your deepest lying midfielder is basically a passenger. Hopefully this is addressed in January.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Jordan Henderson vs Sevilla

55% passing
0 take-ons
0 tackles won
0 aerial duels won
5 fouls
1 booking

You can't win games when your deepest lying midfielder is basically a passenger. Hopefully this is addressed in January.

This is a symptom of the entire team pressing less than last season.

Henderson still played as the deepest midfielder last season but that was a chasing/pressing role vs the sitting role of today.

Plus Coutinho is really an attacking player being positioned in midfield, Wijnaldum also played higher for Newcastle

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This is a symptom of the entire team pressing less than last season.

Henderson still played as the deepest midfielder last season but that was a chasing/pressing role vs the sitting role of today.

Plus Coutinho is really an attacking player being positioned in midfield, Wijnaldum also played higher for Newcastle

How is that a symptom of pressing less? Instead of it being Helter Skelter for the whole game he should be sitting deep and anticipating in the passing lanes while making tackles to cover the CB, just like any other #6 would. Where the lack of pressing has become an issue is standing off the passer and giving up good chances anyway because our CM's can't track runs, tackle or just generally win the ball.

Gini was mainly on the right hand side with Gomez vs. Sevilla, how many attacks came from that side? I'd say almost none. Sevilla clearly targeted Moreno, Coutinho wouldn't/couldn't help and Henderson doesn't have the same legs anymore.

And again today, Milner and Henderson together were way too immobile and led to most of Chelsea's chances. No idea if Migs should have stopped that shot from Willian anyway.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fat Sam has Everton over a barrel, fucking love it. Everybody assumes he'll be able to keep them up but I'd say this would be his biggest save by far. Everton are probably tied with Swansea for shittiest squad at this point which is pretty amazing when you consider the money they spent.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Fat Sam has Everton over a barrel, fucking love it. Everybody assumes he'll be able to keep them up but I'd say this would be his biggest save by far. Everton are probably tied with Swansea for shittiest squad at this point which is pretty amazing when you consider the money they spent.

Forgot that Moyes is at West Ham, holy fuck is that a terrible result for them.

faille

Molten Core Raider
I think we deserved the win but Stoke didn't get any luck from the ref's at all. Mignolet should have seen red imo

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Meh, there's contentious moments in every game that could go either way. Kompany should have been sent off within 4 minutes of the game starting this past weekend same as Lukaku should have been sent off and their winning goal disallowed but the refs didn't call it. More of an issue is Hughes's contention that the home team should get any close call regardless of whether it's right or not which is just crazy.

Rooney's 3rd goal, it's great technique but Joe Hart has to be the highest paid worst goalie in the league. Fuck he's terrible.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Rooney's 3rd goal, it's great technique but Joe Hart has to be the highest paid worst goalie in the league. Fuck he's terrible.

Yeah I was 99% just admiring Rooney's technique. Hart's decision making and technique left basically everything to be desired.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Off to Brighton tomorrow for the LFC game, been a while since I've been to an away match in the away end!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Waiting on a pic of the WC groups.

dd73bf4dec94826de2a22b4e600dc4a1

Last edited:

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Makes me sick watching this draw.... England have a great shot at advancing, but will definitely lose to Germany in the quarters. No need to even watch that really

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
well that would have been a good game to have been at. Woke up early this morning excited to go, got my long johns out the cupboard (thermal long sleeve pants you wear under regular pants lol), four top layers on, scarf and hat out the cupboard, directions nailed in the sat nav. Rang the guy coming down from Liverpool with my ticket and he said he got let down :smuggly:

says he'll get me a ticket for Bournemouth away in a few weeks, which is closer anyway, oh well

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It’s an odd feeling when you watch Arsenal shit the bed and yet think better of them after the game. ManU look ropey as fuck and should be thanking their lucky stars after that.

Big week for LFC, can win our CL group and then the derby.