Soccer 2017-2018

DiddleySquat

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Sucks USMNT didn't make it. We had great fun 4 years ago knocking you out of the World Cup; was looking forward to doing it again.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trinidad and Tobago - Wikipedia

Cricket is a popular sport of Trinidad and Tobago

Sigh... Soccer isn't even the most popular sport over there and they beat us. lol

Meanwhile..

Bruce Arena Says 'Nothing Has to Change' with USMNT Setup After World Cup Woe

"There's nothing wrong with what we're doing," he said. "Certainly as our league grows, it advances the national team program. We have some good young players come up.

"Nothing has to change. To make any kind of crazy changes I think would be foolish. We're building a good system in our professional league. We have players playing abroad of some quality.

"There's enough there. There's no excuses for us not qualifying for the World Cup."

Nothing is going to change. /facepalm

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Armadon

<Bronze Donator>
I don't think the problem is talent so much as it's lazy fucking play. It's as if they just don't give a shit. When they played Panama last week they were actually moving to the ball, spacing was correct, they wanted to win. When you watch the games they lose they are lethargic and just don't give a shit. I would rather have the talent of the 90's and their will to win and give everything for it then these fucks today.

faille

Molten Core Raider
View attachment 154557 One of the goals that helped kick the us out

received_1614280038592979.gif

Gurgeh

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I think a great deal of people just discovered that trinidad and Tobago is a country.

I'm quite surprised that neither fox or the fifa or Russia or even the usa thought i'd be a good idea to bribe them!

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
One of the best comments from the reddit thread:

Can't have a disappointing world cup if you don't even qualify. (taps forehead)

Maul

Dental Dammer
We are fanatical about Football here and our National Team is fucking garbage, I can't even remember the last time I watched an International game, players just don't give a shit.

faille

Molten Core Raider
Looking forward to tonight's game. It's shitty Mane's injured again though.
Still think we'll have the goods, 3-1 to liverpool!

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It's Mourinho, not surprising at all. If I remember right when he was the Real Madrid manager there was a book or article where he basically doesn't want his team to have the ball as then they can make mistake whereas he'd rather they just control space and hope the other team makes the mistakes. He could have an in their prime Zidane, Fat Ronaldo, Garrincha, etc and he'd still set up his team the same way. Pretty terrible way to play for the fans at minimum, I'd never want him as a manager of a team I supported as unless he wins every trophy it just sucks the fun out of it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
people crying about his tactics need to read Playing to Win

He sets up for a draw and aims to nick a goal - did it with Chelsea in 2014 and if Ibra then Lukaku had scored he'd be lauded as a genius

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The guy just wins. There is no arguing that. Man United should have never been in the CL this year, but he somehow found the correct formula in time and won the Europa League.

No small feat. Getting Man U back to the CL in his first year is highly impressive. Obviously all of the draws are neaseauting, but he did the same thing at Chelsea.

When it serves him Jose will break down the teams shape and start taking chances. if it fancies his side he will roll the dice. But only when he needs a result, otherwise steady as she goes. It has made him one of the best task masters and overall managers in the world.

No one could have thought Zidane would begin his managerial career with 2 straight CL titles. If they win it again this year, he will probably go down as the greatest manager of all time when his coaching career comes to an end.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
Finally managed to beat our bogey team. Your team was shocking today faille faille Ossoi Ossoi Brando Brando

Upward and onwards! City looking so strong this year, going to be a hard chase again.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user