Soccer 2017-2018

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Biggest piece of shit penalty call, the guy is looking for contact and he's going away from goal. Just fucking terrible. If Mane had just squared the ball to end the first half it wouldn't matter but still, no way Everton deserved shit from that game.

As far as ManC win, was more even than I thought it would be. Might be a sign that ManC is slowing down as Pep has barely rotated with KdB playing basically every game.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Biggest piece of shit penalty call, the guy is looking for contact and he's going away from goal. Just fucking terrible. If Mane had just squared the ball to end the first half it wouldn't matter but still, no way Everton deserved shit from that game.

As far as ManC win, was more even than I thought it would be. Might be a sign that ManC is slowing down as Pep has barely rotated with KdB playing basically every game.

Felt like it took the first goal for it to wake up and be even though, City controlled play for the most part by a large margin up until they went up 1-0. Unlucky bounce on the failed Lukaku clear and two "ball just hit me saves" late didn't help.

faille

Molten Core Raider
What a shit couple of games that only served to make me look like an idiot after proclaiming our fearsome attacking powers.

It's annoying that utterly for some ref decisions not going our way we'd have 6 points instead of 2 but we shouldn't have to rely on them. Everton should have been put to bed while we should have been able to break down west brom.

Also, I really wish we'd stop playing can

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
We gave up not a single clear chance in both games and we created plenty of chances. The attack actually performed pretty well for a Wednesday night against West Brom, just didn't get the finishing luck we needed. Yes the calls that have gone against us this year have been hugely frustrating starting with MW1 against Watford. With that said ManC is already so far out of sight and we're within range of all the other top 4 that I'm not hugely concerned at this point.

DQ9Zs_aUMAEiJLr.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I mean I guess an 11 point gap has been overcome before assuming ManU wins tomorrow but still, I think it's just a battle for 2-4 now. Not sure how Spuds got away without at least 1 red card there....

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean I guess an 11 point gap has been overcome before assuming ManU wins tomorrow but still, I think it's just a battle for 2-4 now. Not sure how Spuds got away without at least 1 red card there....

I think it's pretty much over. Only drama left is whether someone manages to beat City.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pep deserves a ton of fucking credit. If City advances to at least the CL semi final, they will have had a massively successful season as they are going to win the Prem.

Last season the team was OK, and Pep was very bullish with the media as to explaining these things take time and he needs at least a year or two to get the players he needs to execute his tactics and fully realize his vision. People were like "oh thats just self important Pep being Pep" but the guy was right. He did incredible things at Barcelona, and then comfortably navigated his way through the Bundesliga with Bayern. Now he took the challenge in England, and less than 2 years in has this side ready to maybe capture CL glory.

I dont know if City can do it. I think they would be had by Real Madrid, Barcelona and maybe PSG. But its nice to see some English sides threatened the title.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
It may sound ridiculous but the more I think about it the more I think at minimum KdB is using some type of PED. If you watched him last year, at Wolfsburg and before at Chelsea he was a rolls-royce offensive player who didn't contribute much on the defensive side. Mourinho got rid of him because in his mind his work rate on the defensive end was not up to his standard. Now all of a sudden he's a midfield beast on the level with Kante's tackling numbers, running non-stop for 90 minutes and keeping up his offensive output at least 2 times a week? Pep has a bit of a murky history with this so it wouldn't surprise me. Granted I don't think it would change ManC winning the league but a couple of the players on that team are performing way higher than they ever have.

As far as LFC, again we're playing well regardless of results. Scoreline today could have been the scoreline the last 2 games as well. Shit happens. Better to watch that week in and week out then ManU holding on for dear life and time wasting away to West Brom or at home to the same team we just destroyed, dear god they are boring. Pogba should ask for a new contract if he's the only player than can actually make the whole team look anywhere worth near the money spent.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
They should just have the league cup for the teams in the Football League, not EPL teams as it's just a joke. I know that's similar to the Johnstone's Paint (or whatever it's called now) but none of the EPL teams take it seriously until maybe the final. It's just stupid.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
They should just have the league cup for the teams in the Football League, not EPL teams as it's just a joke. I know that's similar to the Johnstone's Paint (or whatever it's called now) but none of the EPL teams take it seriously until maybe the final. It's just stupid.

With that said nothing like ManU going out while playing a bunch of first teamers and Mourinho getting all salty as fuck, not bad....

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm

That's not a bad idea. Or at least involve the lower 10 EPL teams. The teams play way too many games so I wouldn't mind scrapping the league cup. I generally don't pay attention to it anyways. Although I will watch the Arsenal v Chelsea match. Hooray for more injuries.

As for KdB doping ... the players are tested all the time are they not? To me its probably just the Pep factor. He is playing out of his skin cause he is motivated by an amazing coach.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just a quick search, 39% of all players in the Football League were not tested in 2015/2016 season. Obviously that is a lot of players and there is no breakdown for the EPL which they note has a higher scrutiny so it would be probably lower than 39%. Though it was noted ManC was fined for not informing the FA properly of where their players were for testing.

FA’s increased drug testing to focus on Premier League players

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Aside from that 5 minute spell Arsenal had dick. The problem is at any level you can't have a 5 minute spell like that. Gomez you can chalk it up to being a young defender and he'll learn. Migs though, holy fuck. I've seen some replay's that show Lacazette might have been in his line of sight, fuck that though. He's 6'4" and the shot was right at him and he somehow deflects it behind him into the net? Dear god...