Soccer 2017-2018

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the worst part is if it's true PSG are cheating FFP by getting Qatar to pay 300m to Neymar to be their ambassador, he then pays his release clause himself without it coming out the PSG budget

If the above is true then it's not good for football, yeah, it maybe Barcelona getting dicked who have taken players at will from the PL but there are two concerns here:

a) the above, renders FFP a joke. PSG were already pushing the limits with inflated Qatar sponsorships and Qatar giving Neymar the money to release himself is another fuck you to FFP

b) the fact that this is revenge for Barca going after Veratti. The PSG chairman had earlier warned of consequences for teams that tried to sign their players. This is effectively a Country flexing their financial muscle to bully sports teams.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
If Barca, somehow someway ended up with Mbappe/Dembele & Coutinho for the price of one Neymar they've ended up great imo. Don't think they will get both, but still - at least they're not Arsenal who will see their 2 best players walking out of the club next season for nothing!

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
If we had signed Keita and VVD then I think a 120-150m bid would tempt FSG to sell. The reality is that there's nobody that could replace Coutinho this late in the window

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya I don't see Coutinho leaving this late either. I do think both Mbappe & Dembele are possible though and both would be great pieces for the future and could thrive learning from Messi & Suarez. Think that's a big jump up though and the pressure would be immense

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Neither would solve Barca's issue. Their attack with Suarez, Messi and whatever rando 3rd will be fine. Their defense is fine. Depending on a 33 year old Iniesta to make everything work is where the problem lies. Both are great prospects for eventually replacing Messi/Suarez but it changes nothing as far as improving the team. I'm not even sure Coutinho is really a midfielder. We'll see this year as Klopp seems intent on playing him behind Mane, Salah and Firmino but I'd bet money he plays the same amount of games on the left as he does in the midfield when it's all said and done.

Neki

Molten Core Raider
There had been rumors that Eriksen was interested in joining Barca but I don't know if they would think he is a big enough name.

I certainly hope they won't come in with an offer since he is the beating creative heart of Tottenham and we would definitely struggle to replace him even if they come in with a massive offer. Alli and Kane grab the headlines at Spurs but Eriksen is the one creating all the chances and join up play. It is the main reason why England cannot play like Spurs even when that duo is playing in my opinion because there is no Eriksen type player in the England team.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
Looks like Coutinho has handed in a transfer request. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

As for Arsenal. In all the years I've been a fan this is the first year going into a new season where I have no hope that the team can win the premiership. Top 4 is basically my only hope.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Same, very excited for today all the same! Think Arsenal are two players short but you never know.... stranger things have happened

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
LFC can't even give away the money they have, getting £100m more while losing Coutinho makes no sense as the squad is still 2 players light with him. He may even kick up a fuss over the next couple of weeks, better just to let him sit out for now but have him the rest of the season.

Predictions for the season:

1. ManC
2. LFC
3. Chelsea
4. Arsenal
5. Spurs
6. ManU
20. Everton

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
33 squad players and one fit cb. Only Arsenal. That was peak Arsenal condensed into 90 minutes but sure was fun! Like look of laca and kola

faille

Molten Core Raider
Shitty news about Coutinho, though not surprising. Really is a sign of the market where we can just outside reject 90m bid.
Hopefully, it'll end up like suarez, where he'll be happy to stay for another year and pull out a gun performance.

And given our efforts in the market so far, normally I would have said grab 100m+ and buy other players, but there's just not many options to replace him with and we're struggling to get our targets as it is. Timing is particularly shitty. Would have prefered waiting until after the match for all this to come out.

ps, why is is so hard to place a bet on liverpool winning the first 7 games of the season? Can't find an online bookie that allows for that sort of bet.

Div

Silver Knight of the Realm
What an opening game! I was cursing Wenger's name when the third goal went in. Watford v Liverpool is turning into a cracker as well.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Pretty sure Watford's 2nd goal was off-side and 100% sure their 3rd goal was not to mention he was fouling Mignolet while being off-side. Can't count on the refs to win you a game but still this is pretty basic stuff...