Soccer 2017-2018

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Still crying I see

Here's some analysis for you. The ref made some good and bad calls today, didn't make a difference. Since Barca didn't score then we'll ignore the call they shouldn't have got. Sound ok?

Merrith

Here's some analysis for you. The ref made some good and bad calls today, didn't make a difference. Since Barca didn't score then we'll ignore the call they shouldn't have got. Sound ok?

This sounds like a great compromise Brando. Although I feel Barca missed out on some calls in the 2nd leg (no penalties mind, but free kicks in dangerous spots) early in the game when it was only 1-0. Granted...might not have mattered given their deficit from the first leg. Forgive me for pointing out all errors, like in my original post. I just hate seeing refs make bad decisions, especially on large calls that affect games.

faille

Molten Core Raider
So, apparently we rejected a third offer of 118m pounds.
This market is completely insane. That represents a signifcant chunk of what fsg paid for the whole club!

I'd love for them to stick to their guns but it comes down to the player. If he can knuckle down and play his skin off, then it's worth doing. But if it's going to sulk and go on strike then we might as well cash in. Not that we can replace him or buy anyone it seems.

Merrith

That's insane. You really wonder how high the offer has to be before you just can't say no. Coutinho is great, but if you get offered 150 million for him, I think you take the money and run.

Merrith

United looking extremely strong so far. Trying not to get hopes too high yet. Martial has been fantastic off the bench in both games so far.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So, apparently we rejected a third offer of 118m pounds.
This market is completely insane. That represents a signifcant chunk of what fsg paid for the whole club!

I'd love for them to stick to their guns but it comes down to the player. If he can knuckle down and play his skin off, then it's worth doing. But if it's going to sulk and go on strike then we might as well cash in. Not that we can replace him or buy anyone it seems.

The way the deal was structured was a joke: 80m upfront paid in 4 installments, then the rest was addons for winning ballon d'or, winning CL etc

The best outcome for all is we keep him, he apologises and plays to 100% with the aim of earning a move next season.

If he sulks or doesn't give 100% then we bench him, don't even play him in the u23s, make him miss out on world cup due to lack of match fitness and see if Barca come back in for him next Summer.

Fucking awful. These formations & subs are hilariously bad

predictions for next Sunday?

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
The Barca offer is a complete joke in this market. £80m is the only guaranteed payment as Ossoi noted above.

I remember ManC winning their first 10 or 12 games last year and yet it didn't work out in the end but since it's ManU lets just give them the trophy the way the British press tells it. Just ridiculous.

Maul

Dental Dammer
The way the deal was structured was a joke: 80m upfront paid in 4 installments, then the rest was addons for winning ballon d'or, winning CL etc

The best outcome for all is we keep him, he apologises and plays to 100% with the aim of earning a move next season.

If he sulks or doesn't give 100% then we bench him, don't even play him in the u23s, make him miss out on world cup due to lack of match fitness and see if Barca come back in for him next Summer.

predictions for next Sunday?

Apologises? Guy wants to move to a nicer place to live in a better team and for more money, it should be Liverpool apologising to him for not letting him leave when he clearly wants too. If someone offers you a job should you go to your employer and say sorry?

Ridiculous.

• 1Salty

Maul

Dental Dammer
The Barca offer is a complete joke in this market. £80m is the only guaranteed payment as Ossoi noted above.

I remember ManC winning their first 10 or 12 games last year and yet it didn't work out in the end but since it's ManU lets just give them the trophy the way the British press tells it. Just ridiculous.
While I appreciate you always going over the top with the drama, for anyone who follows United, winning two games 4-0 at the start of the season, games we would have normally really struggled to finish or just ended up drawing, is quite nice to see.

• 1Salty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Apologises? Guy wants to move to a nicer place to live in a better team and for more money, it should be Liverpool apologising to him for not letting him leave when he clearly wants too. If someone offers you a job should you go to your employer and say sorry?

Ridiculous.

lol you fucking absolute idiot.

I have zero problem with him wanting to go Barcelona, I have ALWAYS thought he has the potential to be world class and play for Barcelona. I fully recognise the dream of most South Americans is to play for FCB or RM.

I genuinely thought this would be his true breakout superstar season, that we'd get one CL campaign out of him and wave him off to Barcelona wishing him the best of luck.

Obviously the PSG Neymar deal was totally unexpected and set a new benchmark for transfer fees.

LFC spent all Summer trying to land Keita and VVD and failed with club record bids. Coutinho put in a transfer request the day before the start of the season. Lallana was injured a week or so earlier and there are seemingly no viable targets we can get to replace him.

Plus the Barca bids have been derisory - we were offering 70m for Keita despite him having a 55m release clause active from next season. Offering 72m or the latest bid of 80m upfront in 4 installments + addons is nonsensical.

The best thing for all parties is he gives us one more season and earns the move to FCB next year.

P.S

. If someone offers you a job should you go to your employer and say sorry?

Well seeing as employers frequently make counter-offers to staff that get head-hunted by rivals and accept offers to leave then yes - whilst accepting a counter offer to stay usually doesn't require an apology there still has to exist a level of trust between the employer and the employee.

LOL

Maul

Dental Dammer
So what exactly would that counter offer look like? To not win any domestic or European competitions, get paid a third of the new offer and live in a miserable shithole of a city?

LOL

• 1Salty

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
So what exactly would that counter offer look like? To not win any domestic or European competitions, get paid a third of the new offer and live in a miserable shithole of a city?

LOL

well considering he's our highest earner thanks to new contract signed in Jan in the 150k-200k bracket then I really doubt Barca are offering him 300-600k, more stupidity from you.

And do you see Barcelona winning La Liga and CL any time soon?

One more season is really not a hardship

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Barca's pay structure is pretty much all towards Messi. Suarez had to take a pay cut to go to Barca and I'm sure Coutinho would have as well.

Coutinho shouldn't have signed a new contract just 8 months ago or he should have demanded some type of release clause. I understand they aren't legal like in Spain or Germany but still something more formal. We cannot replace him now so it would be ridiculous to sell him unless LFC had no choice. It's a World Cup year, he's not going to sit out the whole season or down tools.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
the talk this evening is that Barca and his agents told him to kick up a fuss and he was just following their advice. Don't know how legit that is