Soccer 2017-2018

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Salah 2 goals 2 assists he is now a real Ball on D'Or candidate, 43 goals in all competitions and is over 20 assists now i believe or close to it

You guys can hate on me all you want but I predicted Salah would turn into Liverpool's talisman.

But I would be a liar if I tried to claim he would have THIS much success. If Liverpool go on to win the CL and Salah is instrumental the guy will go down as an all time legend in just one season. What a player, Chelsea had him and just threw him away lol.

Coutinho is LONG forgotten and is watching the rest of the CL on TV like the rest of us.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Five Egyptian lads behind me pulled out a massive Salah banner when he scored his second. Stupid of Roma to play that high defensive line.

Disappointed but not overly worried about the away goals, we can score in Rome.

Shame about Ox, it looked serious and we need to wrap up the cl asap. We have no midfield depth with Ox and Can injured

Atmosphere in the ground was great, real party vibe at 5-0.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just a really solid performance. I could give two shits if Roma got 2 in the end, they're not shutting us out in Rome unless they shiv every single one of our players on the way to the pitch.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
This game is terrible. Both goals against the run of play and RM is the biggest bunch of collective shithouses in world football.

Jozu

Haha RM vs Liverpool in Kiev. Roma could turn another miracle at the Olimpico, but I doubt it. Bayern could also put 2 up in Madrid and win the tie, but the Bernabeu is going to be electric, and Ronaldo will shine at home once again, to compete for an unthinkable 4th championship in 5 seasons, and the 3-peat. Thats basically Michael Jordan of football.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
I stand by my earlier statement, that was a terrible game of football not unlike a PL game between any of the bottom 10 teams except you have RM players rolling around on the ground half the time. I haven't watched much Bayern this year (as whats the point?) and didn't realize they basically have abandoned their transition football even with Heynckes back. RM's midfield was so passive, they should have been just ripping through there like the RM players were asking them to but instead they wouldn't do anything until they had possession back in control.

Maybe the 2nd legs will change my mind but I think LFC will match up well with either of them from what I saw today.

The MJ of football? Give me a fucking break, he basically strolled through 90 minutes with all of a half chance to show for it.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The Salah banner of 5 Egyptian fans behind me

30603483_157844371550937_4312090888227520512_n.jpg

Stood for almost two hours in the pouring rain waiting for the buses. There was so much red smoke that I had no idea the LFC coach had been and gone. The Police vans lining the road all got taken over and used as vantage points

30593553_193507304498784_4917666807218700288_n.jpg

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The MJ of football? Give me a fucking break, he basically strolled through 90 minutes with all of a half chance to show for it.

Did MJ only have good games? Ronaldo has something absurd like 15 champion's league goals this season. This was his first no-show.

Jozu

They just won La Liga last season, and Barca had a historical season this year. How the fuck can you assail 3 champions league finals in 4 years, and possible 3 straight, culminating 4 in 5 years? His scoring has been phenomenal in pivotal games, for club and country. Messi continues to fail internationally and is content with Copa Del Reys. Ronaldo has more silverware than anyone, of course he is the Michael Jordan of football.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
First I find the NBA and Soccer comparison somewhat ridiculous. You can in theory win up to 6 trophies a year for club soccer, many of which are completely worthless. There is 1 NBA title. There is no comparison.

Second, what did I say that was wrong? Ronaldo did have an atrocious first 4 months of the season, that's a fact. He did nothing in the game today, also a fact. Again I don't think the sports compare at all. It's 5v5 instead of 11v11, much easier to make an impact in the NBA vs. Soccer. Yet the Wizard version of Jordan carried that shitty team night in and night out. Ronaldo isn't carrying anything these days. He's either getting service in the box where he is phenomenal in finishing or he's not and he does fuck all else in the game at this point in his career.

I also didn't even get into the Messi vs. Ronaldo stuff but to say Messi is a failure and he is fine with Copa Del Rey's, that delusional territory there.

Jozu

I didnt say Messi was a failure, I alluded to his international failures, and took a jab at Barca crashing out in the CL the last few years, but he isnt as accomplished as Ronaldo. Cristiano is 33 fucking years old. He has played a ton of football, he isnt the same player he was say 5 years ago, but he is still a world class forward and has been instrumental in almost every fucking game they play. Its like if he doesnt score a goal he is trash or something.

Give me a break.

I understand your bias, as you support Liverpool and dont like Madrid.

I like both teams and dont care who wins, either RM or Liverpool winning would be an incredible feat. I am biased toward Ronaldo myself, but to try and banish the fact that he is the generational talent of our time in football, much like Jordan was in the late 80's and 90's, is retarded. Messi is obviously wonderful, and I take nothing away from him I just feel Ronaldo is a better player. The athleticism and heading ability is what sets him apart.

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Messi continues to fail internationally and is content with Copa Del Reys. Ronaldo has more silverware than anyone, of course he is the Michael Jordan of football.

I didnt say Messi was a failure, I alluded to his international failures, and took a jab at Barca crashing out in the CL the last few years, but he isnt as accomplished as Ronaldo.

One of these two statements don't add up. And then we have this:

Ronaldo has more silverware than anyone, of course he is the Michael Jordan of football.

This is easily check able and clearly wrong, 5 less than Messi currently which is then less than Dalglish and Giggs.

Jozu

I mean Bill Russel has more rings than Jordan, I was talking about a stretch of scintillating dominance over the course of consecutive seasons.

Messi and Ronaldo are basically equals, Ronaldo has just been winning lately, and in my opinion is the better player and will go down in history as the better player. Many disagree and I acknowledge that. But if Cristiano wins 3 straight CL titles, that is legendary.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
Love that they want to give Arsene a chance at another final. Lovely red in the first 10 minutes.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
That was the most Arsenal game I've ever seen - Had ATM down to 10, 75+% possession, 20 SOT vs 2, and a long hoof over the top beats 4 defenders and the GK. With 1 player. At home. Against 10 men. That should have been 4-0 at a minimum, instead, they head to Madrid 1-1. Just bored of it now, it's a movie that you've seen a million times and it always ends the same way. Players were up for it, ATM defended wonderfully, worst case scenario go into next leg up 1-0.... Fucking pathetic